Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Ever Suffered From Inferiority Complex? Share Your Experience - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Suffered From Inferiority Complex? Share Your Experience (1048 Views)

Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / Share Your Frightening But Funny Stories / Have You Ever Been Betrayed By A Friend?, Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Suffered From Inferiority Complex? Share Your Experience by macquis(m): 8:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
Not entirely sure if this thread fits this section, but I found no better place to create it.

As much as most Nigerians try to shy away from topics as this, the truth is, inferiority complex has ruined the lives of most folks and is still in the business of ruining lives, even here in Nigeria. The Western world recognizes the disease as a real threat (yes! It's really a mental disease) and does what it can to heal the minds of victims of this menace through self help lectures and articles. Nigerians on the other hand would rather turn a blind eye and make jest of individuals they can't understand, calling them weirdos, freaks or introverts (in a derogatory manner.)

Low self esteem, one of man's greatest foe, having the potential to destroy not just our hopes, vision, dreams, but our very lives has its root in Inferiority complex. Can you imagine that? It doesn't end there. Inferiority complex breeds Low self esteem, the latter also on most occasion breeds Depression. I'm certain every enlightened individual knows and understands that Depression is the worst thing that could ever happen to a human individual. As it accounts for 99℅ cause of suicide in the world today. Trust me, it's really a destructive cycle, (Inferiority complex-Low Self-esteem-Depression-Suicide.)

Below is a brief tale of how I developed my Inferiority complex and how I broke free from it.

When I was a little boy my head was elongated. My mother occasionally referred to me as egg-head, and made jest of my look. When I went to elementary school I had an inferiority complex, since my thinking was that everyone perceived me as having an egg-head. I eventually learned that the feeling was my thinking, not anyone else's.

As time progressed I had to learn to "redefine" myself; not to claim my mothers image of me as my own; they were her words, not mine.

The hope is that you can look back and gain an understanding of what created the things that hinder you from moving forward. Your answers are within. Once you understand the "why's" all that's necessary is to undo the past references and create new ones.

It ain't easy I know, but you can do it! Control your mind; don't allow it to have control over you. Walk out in boldness and strength knowing that no one is any better than you, or any less. Come to like yourself and feel comfortable with who you are. When you are content with simply being yourself in any situation, you will have peace in your heart and nothing outside of you will disturb your peace.

I really wish this thread not only gets to the front page of Nairaland, but also moves Seun and his management to create a SELF-HELP section here on Nigeria's largest forum Nairaland. Plus, If you've ever been a victim of Inferiority complex feel free to share your experience of how you reprogrammed your mindset. I further hope this thread inspires, educates and strengthens folks out there still struggling with the ailment.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Ever Suffered From Inferiority Complex? Share Your Experience by Epositive(m): 9:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
i'm a shy shy borbor undecided can't even face the crowd,.. i lost the beloved senior prefect post in my sec school because of it (speech palava) sad

i was crowned the ASP tho because of my academic performance

Till date i still feel like I cheated myself

#positivevibes

2 Likes

Re: Ever Suffered From Inferiority Complex? Share Your Experience by josju: 9:10pm On Mar 28, 2017
I think I have complex issues as regards relating with the opposite sex, am I'm my mid 20's and have not have a relationship cause I find it difficult to approach a lady for friendship. Would appreciate a response from some who has over come this kind of complex issue.
Re: Ever Suffered From Inferiority Complex? Share Your Experience by macquis(m): 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2017
Epositive:
i'm a shy shy borbor undecided can't even face the crowd,.. i lost the beloved senior prefect post in my sec school because of it (speech palava) sad

i was crowned the ASP tho because of my academic performance

Till date i still feel like I cheated myself

#positivevibes

I guess you've broken free from Lack of confidence and Low self esteem now.
Re: Ever Suffered From Inferiority Complex? Share Your Experience by Epositive(m): 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
macquis:

I guess you've broken free from Lack of confidence and Low self esteem now.

still pushing it smiley
Re: Ever Suffered From Inferiority Complex? Share Your Experience by macquis(m): 9:22pm On Mar 28, 2017
josju:
I think I have complex issues as regards relating with the opposite sex, am I'm my mid 20's and have not have a relationship cause I find it difficult to approach a lady for friendship. Would appreciate a response from some who has over come this kind of complex issue.

I'm sorry but in order to answer your question I might just need to know a few things, like what has been the reason you have difficulty in approaching ladies, Fear of Rejection?
Re: Ever Suffered From Inferiority Complex? Share Your Experience by josju: 9:28pm On Mar 28, 2017
macquis:

I'm sorry but in order to answer your question I might just need to know a few things, like what has been the reason you have difficulty in approaching ladies, Fear of Rejection?
I think so, I fear they wouldn't want to listen or be a friend. The few times I try to chat up they don't seem interested. And also when I get talking with some I realize there isn't any synergy and I cut off communication. My friend tells me I need come out of my shell but I find it difficult to relate with them.
Re: Ever Suffered From Inferiority Complex? Share Your Experience by Judasjudas(m): 9:28pm On Mar 28, 2017
Well ..guess am kind of shy .. I don't speak or talk fluently when two or.more girls are around me ..especially when its girls I don't know ..
while growing up we were the caged type ..and mumsy will beat hell out of u if they get to see u with any female ..
So right from small I avoided them ..and now its affecting me ..
Re: Ever Suffered From Inferiority Complex? Share Your Experience by macquis(m): 9:48pm On Mar 28, 2017
josju:
I think so, I fear they wouldn't want to listen or be a friend. The few times I try to chat up they don't seem interested. And also when I get talking with some I realize there isn't any synergy and I cut off communication. My friend tells me I need come out of my shell but I find it difficult to relate with them.

Okay Brov it's either you are shy or you just shiver at the thought of rejection. Like I said in the above article it's basically a mind thing. Most folks who have such issues with girls are the not-so-good-looking guys. Truth is, it's really not about your looks. I'm not gonna ask if you are good looking or not because I've known countless not-so-good-looking guys have beautiful girls fall in love with them, regardless of their look. This guys were able to achieve such feat simply because they had a healthy self esteem and staggering confidence. You might not not know this, but girls sense weakness, low self esteem, lack of confidence in guys right from their very first conversation with these guys. And trust me, no girl wants to hook up with a guy who has a low self esteem or confidence deficiency.

So bro, reprogram your mindset to think only positive things about yourself, also build up your confidence and in no time you'll have girls chasing after you.
Re: Ever Suffered From Inferiority Complex? Share Your Experience by josju: 10:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
macquis:

Okay Brov it's either you are shy or you just shiver at the thought of rejection. Like I said in the above article it's basically a mind thing. Most folks who have such issues with girls are the not-so-good-looking guys. Truth is, it's really not about your looks. I'm not gonna ask if you are good looking or not because I've known countless not-so-good-looking guys have beautiful girls fall in love with them, regardless of their look. This guys were able to achieve such feat simply because they had a healthy self esteem and staggering confidence. You might not not know this, but girls sense weakness, low self esteem, lack of confidence in guys right from their very first conversation with these guys. And trust me, no girl wants to hook up with a guy who has a low self esteem or confidence deficiency.

So bro, reprogram your mindset to think only positive things about yourself, also build up your confidence and in no time you'll have girls chasing after you.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Vegetables Are To Be Blanched Not Cooked,biko / Buyers Of Soya Beans In Large Quantity Needed / The Benefits Of Commanding Your Reactions And Taking Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.