Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

The Battle Of Karbala - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Battle Of Karbala (3308 Views)

What Is Ashura And What Led To The Tragedy Of Karbala? / The Women Of Karbala: Keeping Imam Hussain's Message Alive / The Land Of Karbala In The Words Of The Prophet Muhammad (sa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Battle Of Karbala by AloyEmeka9: 11:47pm On Dec 23, 2009
Why did the children of prophet Muhammad fight over his properties?. Are they not supposed to show examples of piety and humility?. Read more on the battle of karbala below:

The Battle of Karbala took place on Muharram 10, in the year 61 of the Islamic calendar (October 9 or 10, 680)[2][3] in Karbala, in present day Iraq. On one side were supporters and relatives of Muhammad's grandson Husayn ibn Ali; on the other side was a military detachment from the forces of Yazid I, the Umayyad caliph.
Husayn ibn Ali's group consisted of notable members of Muhammad's close relatives, around 128, of whom some were either old (90+ years) or young (6 months). Husayn and some members of his group were accompanied by some of the women and children from their families. On the opposing side, the armed forces of Yazid I were led by Umar ibn Sa'ad.
The reason for the battle was Yazid's insistence that Husayn accept him (ie Yazid) as the righteous and undisputed ruler. Husayn was no ordinary person. Grandson of the prophet, he was widely accepted as the most pious throughout his life. A seal from such a personality would have given a kiss of life to Yazid's unlawful power grab. Both were well aware of this. Yazid chose to use the state power to first deny access to water and food for three days to Husayn and his family (including women and children) and when Husayn still insisted on his stance of not providing legitimacy to Yazid's rule, told Husayn that he would be killed. Husayn chose that. He and his followers were killed by the forces of Yazid during the 1 day battle in Karbala. The captured women were tortured, mocked and made an example of. In the end though, these women, through their speeches were able to turn the tables on Yazid.
This battle also had significant effects on the formation of revolts against the Umayyad dynasty.[4]
The battle of Husayn ibn Ali is commemorated during an annual 10-day period held every Muharram by the Shi'ah as well as many Sunnis, culminating on its tenth day

Shia muslims in Kabul flagellate themselves during muharam as they mark the death of Imam hussain-grandson of the prophet muhammad- at the battle of karbala in 680AD.
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by olabowale(m): 12:10am On Dec 24, 2009
aloy.emeka; only one child survived the prophet[as]. her name was fatima binta muhammad, zaujati ali bin abitalib [ra]. and she died 6 months after her father, as her father had prophetically said when he was dying.

now where did fatima took up arm for anything? show it to me.if you know a child other than fatima surviving him, let me know.

and the day of ashura is coming this sunday, which we take up fasting because of musa's tradition of fasting on that day, to humble himself before Allah for victory over pharaoh. muhammad [as] told us to fast day and additional day before it or after it.

what the people who flagellate themselves on this day is not truly because of anything islamic, [no part of the Quran or Hadith/Sunnah that says you can hurt yourself], but their own desire, just like the imposition of jacob on himself of not eating the hind legs of cattle. a tradition that his bloodline foolishly practice to this day.
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by AloyEmeka9: 12:47am On Dec 24, 2009
Jacob's bloodline are who?. I've never heard of people who doesn't eat the hind legs of a cow
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by mamagee3(f): 12:48am On Dec 24, 2009
What's the battle of Karbala? undecided
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by olabowale(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2009
@Aloy.Emeka: « #2 on: Today at 12:47:48 AM »
Jacob's bloodline are who?. I've never heard of people who doesn't eat the hind legs of a cow
Children of Israel are jacob bloodline. You call them Jews. When I call them Jews, I am making fun of them. They dont eat hindquarter/ leg of cattle because of the struggle with angel! You dont even know the Bible, you better become Muslim.
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by AloyEmeka9: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2009
olabowale:

@Aloy.Emeka: « #2 on: Today at 12:47:48 AM »Children of Israel are jacob bloodline. You call them Jews. When I call them Jews, I am making fun of them. They dont eat hindquarter/ leg of cattle because of the struggle with angel! You dont even know the Bible, you better become Muslim.

Becoming a muslim is the solution to me knowing the bible or what?. Where is the guarantee that I will know the quran if I become a muslim?.
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by olabowale(m): 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2009
Aloy.Emeka, I swear by Allah, many who were born and raised outside Islam, and later became Muslims are great students of Islamic knowledge, today. Some of them are nigerians. Others that I know are americans, and others; all the colors of rainbow. The compilers of ahadith; eg. Bukhari, Muslim, etc none was arab.

I now read arabic. All my life until into my 40th year and more, I did not know anything about arabic, etc. I could not read in those years. Allah may just open your heart to acquire knowledge; afterall, Muhammad (AS) could not read, since Allah calls him "unlettered." Are you an unlettered, Emeka? If not, you have a chance to acquire knowledge enough to guide you to Paradise from what Allah gave the Unlettered Messenger (AS).

Prostrate yourself in humility to your Creator, The One God, Indivisible, etc!
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 24, 2009
Forget it emeka can never become a muslim.Though some gentle pple still practise true islam,but majority of muslims here in Nigeria are hardheartened,confrontational,stubborn&wicked,which is making a lot of pple getting scared of islam.Im with the above menace,emeka can never be a muslim
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by olabowale(m): 1:36am On Dec 25, 2009
my mother victoria told me to forget it in 2002. Today Maryam Samuel is a devoted Muslim. Sandra Williams said forget it. then her motehr, her father, her sister, her brother, her cousin, all of the household became muslim through this woman. She is on Youth Service in Ondo state. What about my woman Zaynab? She never thought she would ever become a muslim. Alhamdulillah, she is today. Even you Toba, am not writing you off, yet. Only Allah can do that and thats on death bed!

Emeka can be whatever Allah Wills for him.
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by AloyEmeka9: 4:05am On Dec 25, 2009
Merry christmas Olabowale. Christ the saviour of the world is worth the honour. Believe.
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by olabowale(m): 6:33am On Dec 25, 2009
i will ignore your greeting. this evening they were showing on CNN a christian program; After Jesus, the first Century Christians, a very enlightening program, i must say. the host liam nesson, the shinler's list movie fame. listen, emeka, if you say it, your opinion will change, or at least your conscience, if you have a stable one, will pinch you, if just a little! i grinned without the hahaha that goes along with laughter.

are you wearing the silly paper hat man?

and All Honors belong to Allah the Almighty Creator of all things. Unique in every way and there is nothing of Him is similar to mankind. And nothing of human that is not of His creation. And no other, but He, Alone! Now that is worth the only belive!
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 25, 2009
@olabowale.I told u emeka can never become a muslim,the greeting he gave shows he loves christ.I too will greet u merry christmas.Christ came becos of love,which i know is lacking in islam.So come to d side of love&not hatred or terrorism.Jesus will receive u&transform your life.The noble prophet mohammed couldnt have laid his life for u or other muslim,except jesus.Once again merry christmas brother.
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by olabowale(m): 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2009
emeka is hypocritical. at least for now he is a christian, a disbeliever. thats his choice. he will make his own final bed, which he must lie in. he can go to the fire if he does die as anything but a muslim. you too, toba.
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2009
U re not God to judge any1.What gives u d impression that u will not end up in hell fire with ur worthless posts on nairaland? U must really watch it before u fizzle out like abuzola
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by AloyEmeka6: 6:32am On Dec 26, 2009
olabowale:

emeka is hypocritical. at least for now he is a christian, a disbeliever. thats his choice. he will make his own final bed, which he must lie in. he can go to the fire if he does die as anything but a muslim. you too, toba.

Is a disbeliever not someone who believes in NOTHING?. I believe in Jesus my lord and saviour so, I am not a disbeliever.
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by olabowale(m): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Aloy~Emeka: a disbeliever is anyone who does not believe God Almighty Creator is Singly One (this is your case Emeka, as you believe that God must be three components; Yahweh/Jehovah combo, then Ghost/Spirit combo and Jesus/son combo)! The others are those who have other views, just as long as it is not Islamic. You sir, Mr. Emeka is a Kafir (a disbeliever or coverer or denier of truth, in the light of reality)!
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by hymen(f): 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2009
olabowale:

@Aloy~Emeka: a disbeliever is anyone who does not believe God Almighty Creator is Singly One (this is your case Emeka, as you believe that God must be three components; Yahweh/Jehovah combo, then Ghost/Spirit combo and Jesus/son combo)! The others are those who have other views, just as long as it is not Islamic. You sir, Mr. Emeka is a Kafir (a disbeliever or coverer or denier of truth, in the light of reality)!
Olabowale,Islam does not believe in a SINGLE God?

My proof below :

If no one is like unto the *Allah* of the Qur'an, then who are those who do exactly the same thing as he does:
Question 1. Are there more than one *Allah* as creator in the Islam?
The Qur'an says an emphatic YES!! Read the following:
Sura 6 vs.94
"And behold! ye come to Us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all (the favours) which We bestowed on you. . ."
Sura 7 vs.11
"It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrate; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who prostrate."
Q.23 vs.12
"Verily We created man from a product of wet earth"
Q.51 vs.47-49
"And the heaven, We raised it high with power, and most surely We are the makers of things ample. . .And the earth, We have made it a wide extent; how well have We then spread (it) out. . . And of every thing We have created pairs: That ye may receive instruction."
------- ---------- ------------ ------------ ------------ ----------
Question 2. Are there more than one *Allah* that people pray to in Islam?
The Qur'an says an emphatic YES!! See for yourself:
Sura 10 vs.12
"When trouble toucheth a man, he crieth unto Us (in all postures)- lying down on his side, or sitting, or standing. But when We have solved his trouble, he passeth on his way as if he had never cried to Us for a trouble that touched him! thus do the deeds of transgressors seem fair in their eyes!"
Question 3. Are there more than one *Allah* that is being worshipped in Islam?
Qur'an answers with an emphatic YES!! Check it out for yourself:
Q.21 vs.73
"And We made them Imams who guided (people) by Our command, and We revealed to them the doing of good and the keeping up of prayer and the giving of the alms, and Us (alone) did they serve" (translated by Pickthal, the verse truly reads: "and they were worshippers of Us (alone)." - meaning that more than one *allah* is being worshipped by Muslims and they don't even know it!!).
The Qur'an even states that this polytheistic gods in Islam will be the judges of all Muslims:
Q.21 vs.35
"Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. to Us must ye return."
So, olabowale. . . you see that your monotheism is actually polytheism disguised; and though you can swear by Muhammad, it does not change the fact that there are several "gods" being worshipped by Muslims. The Qur'an declares more than one *allah* who say that "Verily We created man" (analysis: "WE" is not equal to monotheism); it is these many *allahs* that Muslims blindly worship, as they testified: "and they were worshippers of Us (alone).". . . and it is to these many "gods" that they pray to >> he crieth unto Us (in all postures)- !

So when you criticise the TRINITY, know that Islam has something similar.
Yet, you may not know it - but these many deities cannot save, and Muhammad himself had no assurance towards the end of his life after serving, praying to, worshipping and crying to these many *allahs* >>

Sahih Muslim, [10], Book 4, Number 1212:
Narrated Aisha: "The Prophet entered my house when a Jewess was with me and she was saying: Do you know that you would be put to trial in the grave? The Messenger of Allah trembled (on hearing this) and said: It is the Jews only who would be put to trial. Aisha said: We passed some nights and then the Messenger of Allah said: Do you know that it has been revealed to me: "You would be put to trial in the grave"? Aisha said: I heard the Messenger of Allah seeking refuge from the torment of the grave after this."
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by olabowale(m): 12:13am On Dec 27, 2009
« #16 on: Today at 11:09:39 PM »
Quote from: olabowale on Today at 01:25:15 PM

Olabowale,Islam does not believe in a SINGLE God?

My proof below :

If no one is like unto the *Allah* of the Qur'an, then who are those who do exactly the same thing as he does:
Question 1. Are there more than one *Allah* as creator in the Islam?
The Qur'an says an emphatic YES!! Read the following:
Sura 6 vs.94
"And behold! ye come to Us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all (the favours) which We bestowed on you. . ."
Sura 7 vs.11
"It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrate; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who prostrate."
Q.23 vs.12
"Verily We created man from a product of wet earth"
Q.51 vs.47-49
"And the heaven, We raised it high with power, and most surely We are the makers of things ample. . .And the earth, We have made it a wide extent; how well have We then spread (it) out. . . And of every thing We have created pairs: That ye may receive instruction."
Question 2. Are there more than one *Allah* that people pray to in Islam?
The Qur'an says an emphatic YES!! See for yourself:
Sura 10 vs.12
"When trouble toucheth a man, he crieth unto Us (in all postures)- lying down on his side, or sitting, or standing. But when We have solved his trouble, he passeth on his way as if he had never cried to Us for a trouble that touched him! thus do the deeds of transgressors seem fair in their eyes!"
Question 3. Are there more than one *Allah* that is being worshipped in Islam?
Qur'an answers with an emphatic YES!! Check it out for yourself:
Q.21 vs.73
"And We made them Imams who guided (people) by Our command, and We revealed to them the doing of good and the keeping up of prayer and the giving of the alms, and Us (alone) did they serve" (translated by Pickthal, the verse truly reads: "and they were worshippers of Us (alone)." - meaning that more than one *allah* is being worshipped by Muslims and they don't even know it!!).
The Qur'an even states that this polytheistic gods in Islam will be the judges of all Muslims:
Q.21 vs.35
"Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. to Us must ye return."
So, olabowale. . . you see that your monotheism is actually polytheism disguised; and though you can swear by Muhammad, it does not change the fact that there are several "gods" being worshipped by Muslims. The Qur'an declares more than one *allah* who say that "Verily We created man" (analysis: "WE" is not equal to monotheism); it is these many *allahs* that Muslims blindly worship, as they testified: "and they were worshippers of Us (alone).". . . and it is to these many "gods" that they pray to >> he crieth unto Us (in all postures)- !

So when you criticise the TRINITY, know that Islam has something similar.
Your ridiculous argument does not make sense, and fails to put in consideration "the Majestic Pronouns" of we, us, our etc! I beg woman, go sidon because we have explained this issue a thousand times in many ways even as recently as less than 2 months ago. A powerful husband can address himself as "We" to honor himself while talking to his wife. A mothere can say that to excite her husband. In yoruba language, Iyawo can say "awa ju iyawo lason lo (We are more than just a mere wife)!" This issue is different from your Trinity consisting of Father, separate, son separate, and ghost separate. I hope for your own argument, why dont you tell me who are the "We" that Allah is talking about, while I show you who your gods are, Jesus spoke, ghost spoke and father did all the speaking. Please who spoke except Allah?

Yet, you may not know it - but these many deities cannot save, and Muhammad himself had no assurance towards the end of his life after serving, praying to, worshipping and crying to these many *allahs* >>
Good argument is always lost on foolishness. Allah says in many Surah, so I will give you the last verse of Surah Fajr, where it is clear that Muslims will enter Paradise. Who is the leader of mankind in Islamic religion? Muhammad (AS)> Who will be the first to enter Paradise? Muhammad and it is after that that you have other prophets, Jesus the son of Mary (AS) included will enter and never before, which Allah is Enough as my Witness.

Sahih Muslim, [10], Book 4, Number 1212:
Narrated Aisha: "The Prophet entered my house when a Jewess was with me and she was saying: Do you know that you would be put to trial in the grave? The Messenger of Allah trembled (on hearing this) and said: It is the Jews only who would be put to trial. Aisha said: We passed some nights and then the Messenger of Allah said: Do you know that it has been revealed to me: "You would be put to trial in the grave"? Aisha said: I heard the Messenger of Allah seeking refuge from the torment of the grave after this."
The fact that Muhammad seek refuge does not mean that he is not sure, but asserts that he is not arrogance even as a messenger and prophet of his Lord, and only a sign of deserving humility. If I continue to seek protection from illegal sexual crimes, it should not be seem that am a sexual deviant, but simply because I do want protection against even nearing such crime. This is even simple that you should now understand it. The case of the prophet (AS) is very clear, and no punishment or test for him in the grave Alhamdulillah!
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by hymen(f): 12:27am On Dec 27, 2009
olabowale:

« #16 on: Today at 11:09:39 PM » Your ridiculous argument does not make sense, and fails to put in consideration "the Majestic Pronouns" of we, us, our etc! I beg woman, go sidon because we have explained this issue a thousand times in many ways even as recently as less than 2 months ago. A powerful husband can address himself as "We" to honor himself while talking to his wife. A mothere can say that to excite her husband. In yoruba language, Iyawo can say "awa ju iyawo lason lo (We are more than just a mere wife)!" This issue is different from your Trinity consisting of Father, separate, son separate, and ghost separate. I hope for your own argument, why dont you tell me who are the "We" that Allah is talking about, while I show you who your gods are, Jesus spoke, ghost spoke and father did all the speaking. Please who spoke except Allah?
Your argument holds no water. . .how come Allah refers ti himself in other places using the singular pronoun 'I'? The fact is Allah was expressing great mystery which muslims have failed to understand up until this moment. If indeed,christians are polytheist like you claim. . .how come the holy prophet asked you to accept them as 'people of the book'? I know it'll be difficult to accept,but i want you to tone down your aggressiveness towards christians,because the prophet did not ask you to do this.

olabowale:

Good argument is always lost on foolishness. Allah says in many Surah, so I will give you the last verse of Surah Fajr, where it is clear that Muslims will enter Paradise. Who is the leader of mankind in Islamic religion? Muhammad (AS)> Who will be the first to enter Paradise? Muhammad and it is after that that you have other prophets, Jesus the son of Mary (AS) included will enter and never before, which Allah is Enough as my Witness.
Please quote the relevant verse in the Q'uran
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by olabowale(m): 12:45am On Dec 27, 2009
89;30: Sahih International
And enter My Paradise."
Tafsir al-Jalalayn
And enter My Paradise!’, with them.
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by olabowale(m): 1:01am On Dec 27, 2009
@Hymen: « #18 on: Today at 12:27:40 AM »
Your argument holds no water. . .how come Allah refers ti himself in other places using the singular pronoun 'I'?
Allah can say what He wishes, wants and can do all things. If you read the complete phrase of where "We, US, Our" is or are mentioned, at the end of it, you will read that Allah does identify Himself, by name or in a singular pronoun, so that your confusion is eliminated! Girl, pay attention.

The fact is Allah was expressing great mystery which muslims have failed to understand up until this moment.
if you are an arab, you will not understand te language unless you are a linguist, and full understanfding of Qura is whaen you are a scholar of Quran. It is interesting that you, a nigeian Christian is the expert in Quranic arabic, when you only read it in English! Funny indeed.

If indeed,christians are polytheist like you claim. . .how come the holy prophet asked you to accept them as 'people of the book'?
The people of the book simply means that they the Jews and Christians are claiming that they follow Books revealed to prophets, even though it is falsely they claim this, since what they say they follow are now diluted and already altered!

I know it'll be difficult to accept,but i want you to tone down your aggressiveness towards christians,because the prophet did not ask you to do this.
when you christians of Nigeria call my Prophet (AS) all sorts of names, falsely though, it is at least my duty to let you know that you are wrong. It is through Muhammad (AS) that I know that God the Creator is One, not through Christians or Biblical christ, who is partly god, partly human, and not through Jews either who are tribalist in nature! Please woman give me a break! At least you are a better person than these other who are so naive it is sickening!

Please quote the relevant verse in the Q'uran
I can quote many more; read Surah Kahf, Baqarah, and all others. Just google Paradise in the Quran. Paradise is reserve for Muslims and no one else. You better join the winning team, lady.
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by hymen(f): 10:15am On Dec 27, 2009
olabowale:

if you are an arab, you will not understand te language unless you are a linguist, and full understanfding of Qura is whaen you are a scholar of Quran. It is interesting that you, a nigeian Christian is the expert in Quranic arabic, when you only read it in English! Funny indeed.

The people of the book simply means that they the Jews and Christians are claiming that they follow Books revealed to prophets, even though it is falsely they claim this, since what they say they follow are now diluted and already altered!
I can quote many more; read Surah Kahf, Baqarah, and all others. Just google Paradise in the Quran. Paradise is reserve for Muslims and no one else. You better join the winning team, lady.
I want quotes FROM THE QU'RAN.this surah is not universally accepted.
So if someone insults you, you are supposed to insult back? Where lies your maturity & holiness?

My belief is that Muslims worship the same God ,but are mistaken,as God has proven to be a TRINITY as in christianity & all these verses i quoted above can be related to Genesis 1:26 "Let US make man in our own image. . . . . ,not explained away by some grammatcal errors from God.

I'm also waiting for your response to the rare occasions a muslim can kill : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=371719.msg5191343#msg5191343
Re: The Battle Of Karbala by AloyEmeka6: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2009
hymen:

I want quotes FROM THE  QU'RAN.this surah is not universally accepted.
So if someone insults you, you are supposed to insult back? Where lies your maturity & holiness?

My belief is that Muslims worship the same God ,but are mistaken,as God has proven to be a TRINITY as in christianity & all these verses i quoted above can be related to Genesis 1:26 "Let US make man in our own image. . . . . ,not explained away by some grammatcal errors from God.

I'm also waiting for your response to the rare occasions a muslim can kill : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=371719.msg5191343#msg5191343

Not true; Allah is the sun god and has nothing to do with the almighty God our Jehovah jireh and way maker.

(1) (Reply)

Help: A Friend Committed Zina In This Night Of Ramadan / Refutation On Sufi / Ramadan 101 Class 2 - What Invalidates Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.