Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria (10915 Views)

»»» Do You Want To Buy, Sell Or Rent A Property In PH? (Pics Attached) ««« / Cost Of Buying A 2 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos| Brook Assets And Resources / Basic Guide To Buying Land In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 29, 2017
Everyone desires an inheritance. And everyone wants to leave an inheritance for their children. The fact is that a lot of people have not defined the true meaning of inheritance. Building a good inheritance starts with building a positive mindset and productive legacies for your children. In fact, the first synonym for inheritance is a legacy. However, another synonym for inheritance is Estate. An estate comprises the houses, outbuildings, supporting farmland and woods that surround the gardens and grounds of a very large property.
The truth is, acquiring a physical inheritance is a lot of work. Statistics shows that less than 10% of people, who desire to buy a property, end up buying a property. A property is a long term physical asset. But buying a property is NOT EASY. This uneasy process can, however, be simplified to make it achievable. Thus, buying a property might become so easy if the following steps are followed.

Have a good Knowledge of the type of Property you want to Purchase:
Have a reason for purchasing every property. If you want a duplex, why do you want it? If you want a bungalow, why do you want it? Your reason may be due to long-term goals. You may want a bungalow because you don’t want to climb the staircase of a duplex when you grow older.

Have a Specific area in Mind:
We have our preferences, this may be as a result of our mindset. Some people will never live on the mainland for a fortune, vice versa. So, even if you don’t have the purchasing ability (basically money) have the area in mind. You can also visit the area

Meet with House Owners in the Area:
You can only get what you have seen. The area you have in mind can’t be abstract. So you must have been there. You can start visiting the place consistently. This will help you to get acquainted with the area. It will also help you to be informed of affordable properties that are available from time to time.

Have a backup:
This means you need to have a plan B. Ask some questions and answer genuinely. questions like, what if there are no properties for sale in my choice area; what if I can’t afford a property in my choice area; is renting a good idea; is buying better than renting; are very important.

Multi-Task:
This is one of the most relevant secrets to buying a property, but a few people pay attention to it. So many people do two or more jobs to change their wardrobes or meet up with utility bills, but nobody gets an extra job to buy a property. Getting an extra job may be tedious but buying a property is a greatgain.

Be Ready:
This is also a very relevant point if you have a particular area in mind, and it is in a developed area. You need to be prepared to buy the property as soon as possible. Only a few people in certain areas are ready to sell their properties. So you need to have at least 30% of the money you need to buy the property. This process can be simplified. You can search for properties in the area through online real estate portals.

In Nigeria, you do not need to go through a rigorous process to buy a property or to leave an inheritance for your children. Visit good property websites to buy the best properties in Nigeria now.

Source:
https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/top-5-secrets-to-buying-a-property-in-nigeria/

www.naijapropertiesonline.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by MrEgbegbe(m): 7:22am On Mar 29, 2017

I have a question

I wanted to buy a detached house in Lekki or Victoria island and I was budgeting 50-60 Mil but today i saw a post about Oritse Femi's Lekki house he bought for 40 mil and people were saying that the house is not up to taste/expectations

To me his house is worth 50 million

Are homes that cheap in Lagos ??

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by eduevolutionnow(m): 7:23am On Mar 29, 2017
Know the touts and omonile in that area. It will definitely come in handy.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Donprayer(m): 7:23am On Mar 29, 2017
Front
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by splmosixx(m): 7:23am On Mar 29, 2017
Mke findings befre purchasing any property
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by eezeribe(m): 7:24am On Mar 29, 2017
OK
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Ayowumie(m): 7:24am On Mar 29, 2017
I was expecting a list that truly is amazing but kept secret.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by money121(m): 7:25am On Mar 29, 2017
OK

Nice one from Op.. For your Roofing Call/WhatsApp 08085310359..

Check my signature for more Details
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by ItalianWine(f): 7:26am On Mar 29, 2017
This secret sounds funny to me....looks like putting together something just to have a blog post

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by crunchyg: 7:27am On Mar 29, 2017
Who posted this rubbish here, is this information needed by Nairalanders wey never see food chop and u dey talk of acquiring property angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Moving4: 7:27am On Mar 29, 2017
Thanks OP
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 29, 2017
FULLY DETACHED AND SEMI-DETACHED 4 BEDROOM
DUPLEXES WITH BQ ARE UP FOR SALE. OUTRIGHT
PAYMENT AND THREE MONTHS
INSTALMENT PAYMENT AVAILABLE
FACILITIES: SWIMMING POOL, EVENT CENTRE, GYM
CENTER, ROUND THE CLOCK SECURITY.

Lekki-Lagos.

CALL: 08075256644
info@naijapropertiesonline.com

www.naijapropertiesonline.com/listings/2nd-toll-gate-ochid-hotel-road-eleganza/

1 Share

Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Champele(m): 7:32am On Mar 29, 2017
All this estate land sellers are crooks. They will keep billing you with one thing or another till you finally get your papers from them. I'm having the experience now. What's the better way to buy a land and pay installmentally?
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by femimighty(m): 7:35am On Mar 29, 2017
It depends on the part of lekki you are looking at but definitely not phase 1.
The best you can get at your budget is a 3 bedroom apartment but if you look further towards chevron and ikota axis ,you could get a very good one for that budget.
PM me on your real estate needs.
uote author=MrEgbegbe post=55054480]
I have a question

I wanted to buy a detached house in Lekki or Victoria island and I was budgeting 50-60 Mil but today i saw a post about Oritse Femi's Lekki house he bought for 40 mil and people were saying that the house is not up to taste/expectations

[/quote]
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 29, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

I have a question

You may want to contact us on:
Call/WhatsApp: 08075256644
info@naijapropertiesonline.com

www.naijapropertiesonline.com

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by icon8: 7:52am On Mar 29, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

I have a question

His house was quoted at 400 mil, not 40. Hence the raised eyebrows.
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Johnsown1(m): 7:54am On Mar 29, 2017
If u wish to acquire lands only in Enugu,dont hesistate to call me on 08033768257
Stressfree. Just you and me
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Johnsown1(m): 7:59am On Mar 29, 2017
Champele:
All this estate land sellers are crooks. They will keep billing you with one thing or another till you finally get your papers from them. I'm having the experience now. What's the better way to buy a land and pay installmentally?

It depends on your area, i can only talk for myself, we can do the business in matter of minutes once u have tour and like the property and that's all

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Menendez: 8:02am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Menendez: 8:03am On Mar 29, 2017
Menendez:
https://www.nairaland.com/3670962/london-terrace-lekki-20m-per
I'm the owner of this property, project is nearing completion.
Call me directly....no agent, no long story...!!
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by BecomeALandLord(m): 8:08am On Mar 29, 2017
Nice and straight to the point
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by househunterman(m): 8:13am On Mar 29, 2017
[color=#000099]Good write up.
HOT SALE
DIRECT BANK SALE @ ABULE EGBA A 42 room building complex on 2 plots of land. Doc: C of O Price: 25M asking/color]
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by Esty20(f): 8:20am On Mar 29, 2017
u missed the most important! get a lawyer!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by bigcil2(m): 8:35am On Mar 29, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

I have a question

We have houses for sale in Lagos Island.
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by younglawya(m): 8:37am On Mar 29, 2017
ok
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 9:25am On Mar 29, 2017
MrEgbegbe:

I have a question

They said 400m for Ortse's house sir. 10 times more than you quoted.
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by lexaydfg(m): 9:30am On Mar 29, 2017
WHITE OAK COURTS*
White Oak Courts is perfectly sitted on the high growth community of Oshoroko Ibeju Lekki Lagos. It's just *_7 minutes drive_ from _Dangote Refinery_ with the calculated projection to sell above 20M per plot before 2020*.

Join the wise and smart investors that will be getting value for their investment within the shortest possible time.

*NEIGHBOURHOOD*
*Lekki Free Trade Zone
*Cargo Port Construction
*Dangote Refinery
*Dangote Jetty
*Lekki Seaport
*Power Oil
*La Campaign Tropicana Beach Resort
and many more.

PRICE: *N4M*
TITLE: *Global C of O*
SIZE: *600sqm*

*Fore more enquiries or inspection, kindly WhatsApp/Call: 08162497206/08171555135
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by lexaydfg(m): 9:33am On Mar 29, 2017
*LEKKI ROSE GARDEN*

Lekki Rose Garden is magnificently located in the lush and alluring environment in Oshoroko, 7 minutes drive from the Lekki Free Trade Zone.

*PRICE:* N4m
*SIZE:* 600sqm
*TITLE:* Global C of O

*ATTRACTIONS*
The Lekki Free Trade Zone
Dangote Petrochemical Refinery
Golf Course
The Proposed International Airport
Pan African University Permanent Site
Lekki Deep Sea Port
La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort
Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge
Several Upcoming Gated Estates.

For more details and inspection kindly Call/WhatsApp: 08162497206
Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by citygarden(m): 9:35am On Mar 29, 2017
Deposit as low as 50k and get instant allocation at any of city garden estate, Ibeju lekki, Abeokuta, ikorodu, Agbara, Atan Ota. With no hidden charges, free legal and allocation, buy five plots and get one plot free

Re: Top 5 Secrets To Buying A Property In Nigeria by NARYZ(f): 10:41am On Mar 29, 2017
Nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Do/collect Survey Plan And Cof O / Fully Equipped Apartment For Short Lets In Lagos, Nigeria (min Of 3 Days Rent) / Buy Secured Plots of Land In Victoria Springs Court Lekki(N2.5M, C of O)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.