Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs (28630 Views)

Onnoghen Resigned To Avoid Being Dismissed - Prof. Itse Sagay / 2019 Elections: INEC Chairman Meets With RECs In Abuja (Photos, Live Updates) / Why NJC Can’t Consider Onnoghen’s Case - Prof Itse Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by EVarn(m): 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
Tundellinium:
The continuous clash between the Legislators and Executives, is it a progression or regression in the Democracy of Nigeria? Any political analyst in house?
It doesnt take a havard schooled political analyst to deduce that if the current trend of events continues,Nigeria is doomed till 2019.
As the days go by,it is appearing that there is no hope for this government.President Buhari may have failed his supporters.

1 Like

Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by hamilton62(m): 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
yarimo:
Silly set of senators, so nigerians do not have the right to freedom of speech and expression in the constitution again ? Ethnic COMMETEE Ko tribal COMMETEE ni
The Execute is the culprit in this... what do you expect from a rotten uncut head?
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by Qmerit(m): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
samsard:
Unfortunately Nairalanders are private citizens, not public officials handling important posts.

My bro/sis majorities of the senators in short a lot of politicians are here as spies or have spies here for them. Some re handlers here
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
So this people will not let the executive arm of government to work while they continue to direct the people's anger to the president even though they are the ones engineering it? First they blocked his request to collect loan later they are delaying and refusing his nominees. This is not about Nigeria anymore but a show of power and disdain for the presidency. Whether they like it or not President buhari will excel and those Senators who are acting the script of Satan will be flushed out.

1 Like

Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by blackpanda: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
[[s]quote author=TippyTop post=55064834]Sagay has reduced himself to the likes of a charge and bail lawyer, he should be treated like one. [/quote][/s]

Obviously u are not and can never be a lawyer. Sagay is not in your class
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
Qmerit:

My bro/sis majorities of the senators in short a lot of politicians are here as spies or have spies here for them. Some re handlers here

Yes they will spy on you while you twit, on Facebook event when you're meeting your wife at night. It is very pathetic. Supernatural aliens may need to interfere in the polity for us to resolve this matter on hands...
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by yarimo(m): 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
ClintStone:

No come shame yourself here o, it is Ethics committee, not ethnic committee as you dey type there o. comment no be by force.
thank you for your correction
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by Qmerit(m): 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
akpasubi777:

Yes they will spy on you while you twit, on Facebook event when you're meeting your wife at night. It is very pathetic. Supernatural aliens may need to interfere in the polity for us to resolve this matter on hands...

Lol wen is the all night prayers
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
Qmerit:

Lol wen is the all night prayers

No kidding. They over do the thing. I'm not smiling...
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by Akaujaa(m): 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
TheFreeOne:
Sagay is not helping this government at all with his volatile utterances.

He's part of those praise singers Sanusi accused of being Buhari undoing.

The word volatile, as used by you is ambiguous. You think you know better than Sagay, a professor of law? According to the statement published on the punch newspapers today which was read on the floor of the senate by senator Ibbn N'alla, the offence committed by Sagay, according to the senators is that he referred to the senate as being filled with people with questionable characters. Now, dissect the comment and state the volatility. To start with, Sagay never mentioned a name of any senator. Why should a particular senator take it personal if he was innocent. As a senator, you can only speak for yourself and not for others because if you are clean, you can't say the same about others. He who is innocent fears no foe. The Nigerian senate is corrupt, that is the bitter truth. Sagay is only doing his job as the head of the presidential committee on anti corruption.
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by cstr151: 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
Dejijossy:
I feel embarrassed whenever i read people supporting this senate.
They are set of corrupt fellow, they prepare and approve their budget by themselves, they share committee chairmanship based juicy or not juicy, no one ratifies their salary and expenses. These guys take home for a month is more than my annual pay x10. They have free assess to everything in life. Sincerely speaking i am bitter, sad and angry.
It is more like choosing between a lesser evil.
Your president is the worse evil.
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by bkool7(m): 6:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
Amebo1:
Who is Sagay sef? Let him go and sit down! What did he know?
A Prof and SAN thats advising the president to disobey rule of law!!!
He thinks he own Nigeria abi? Mtcheeeeww

ok...Sagay I know is a san and a constitutional lawyer

who are you exactly ?
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by Kiakia(m): 6:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
A Legal Adviser should be appointed for the Senate. Prof. Sagay is not in the class of appointees that the Senate can summon to appear before it. A legal adviser would have advised them in this regard instead of making a fool of themselves. Senate have no power to summon people at will, and certainly not when they air their views or opinion on issues concerning the upper legislative chamber. Besides, the summon issued to Prof. Sagay have nothing to do with investigation into an infraction concerning activities of a department of government as spelt out by the Constitution.
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by Kiakia(m): 7:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
luvinhubby:
Good for him, the man carry Buhari matter for him head.

The senate is an institution/arm of govt that deserves the respect of all.
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by Kiakia(m): 7:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
luvinhubby:
Good for him, the man carry Buhari matter for him head.

The senate is an institution/arm of govt that deserves the respect of all.
Really? These bunch of insensitive and self-serving rogues deserve respect? You must be kidding!
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by Kiakia(m): 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
nobsalis:
Wonders why APC controls senate is acting like an opposite to BUHARI's Government....:

well i don't blame Saraki and Co, i blame Buhari for saying he is ready to work with anybody, he asked for it and now he is getting it. If Buhari likes he should keep acting like nothing is happening until he wakes up one day and hear he himself has been impeached by d senate,...: Afterall dis is exactly d same "i don't care feeling" he exhibited before IBB overthrew his Government in d 80s.
I think he is made like that. Laisse-faire attitude to everything.
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by olatade(m): 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
Prof. Itse Sagay to Senate:

“I would advise them to tell their lawyers to check the Sections 89 and 89 of the Constitution. Through that, they will know I don’t come within that category.”

“They don’t have authority to summon me. I am outside the group of persons they can summon. I am not a civil servant, I don’t belong to any commission or any…”

“I’m not going to give those details now; but if they are foolish enough to insist on my coming, at the appropriate time and at appropriate venue, all the details will come out

“But now let just make general statement: they have no power or authority to summon me. Period!”
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by luvinhubby(m): 8:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
Kiakia:
Really? These bunch of insensitive and self-serving rogues deserve respect? You must be kidding!

Point out the rogues among them and the reasons why they are.
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by freeze001(f): 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
Pieromania:
These SINators are really becoming too arrogant these days,so anybody that expresses his right of freedom of speech is summoned to appear b4 them,can u imagine!
U see why i said Nigeria isn't too ripe for absolute democracy,cos giving these ppl right to act without executive interference will make them misbehave.I think they need Jonathan kind of treatment by locking pro saraki group out of the chamber and perfect his impeachment b4 he finds his way to the chamber and allow him go to court.This is the PMB they are calling tyrant,cn they try these nonsense with evn uncle clueless,nt to talk of Obj
Buhari really needs to bring out his other side,or else this guys are out to ground his government

And is the executive completely free of the misbehaving tendency enough to also supervise the NASS? That will be absolute power to an arm that controls the armed forces...u might want to rethink that position.
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by Olumaeme: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
This Sagay man is one of the most stupid people I have ever heard, the man talks anyhow with his smelly Anus.

The Senate can summon anyone as far as you draw your pay from the government, if you pay yourself, then no wahala...
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by achieverme(m): 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
nobsalis:
Wonders why APC controls senate is acting like an opposite to BUHARI's Government....:

well i don't blame Saraki and Co, i blame Buhari for saying he is ready to work with anybody, he asked for it and now he is getting it. If Buhari likes he should keep acting like nothing is happening until he wakes up one day and hear he himself has been impeached by d senate,...: Afterall dis is exactly d same "i don't care feeling" he exhibited before IBB overthrew his Government in d 80s.

You sound like you've been around for... ..how many decades now?
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by Pieromania: 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
freeze001:

And is the executive completely free of the misbehaving tendency enough to also supervise the NASS? That will be absolute power to an arm that controls the armed forces...u might want to rethink that position.
The excesses of this 8th SINate is getting much,they refuse to pass 2017 budget submitted since december,jst because things have changed and doesn'tn look like the ones they have been passing that contains their own share of corrupt proceed,harassing all presidential appointees,refuse confirmation of The ones submitted to them and threatning the presidency etc.The list is just much.
This is real corruption fighting back,PMB needs to flout the law to deal with this new Legislathieves rascality.What nonsense?is it because PMB is trying to be democratic,try it with OBJ and kno hw far,not evn Jonathan
Re: Senate Invites Prof. Itse Sagay Over His Comment On Delayed Screening Of RECs by TexasR: 4:30am On Mar 30, 2017
TheFreeOne:
Sagay is not helping this government at all with his volatile utterances.

He's part of those praise singers Sanusi accused of being Buhari undoing.

The way that Sagaybtalks like a lunatic most times makes me wonder if he is out to deliberately cause problems for Bubu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Tinubu Arrives Bissau For ECOWAS Meeting / Fayose To FG: Keep Your TSA, We Are Not Interested. / Obiano, El-Rufai, Yari, Obaseki Others Join President Buhari In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.