Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust (15205 Views)

Moremi Soyinka-Onijala Appointed As Buhari Sets Up Police Funds Committee / JUST IN: Buhari Sets Targets For Incoming Ministers / IBB Congratulates Buhari, Sets Agenda For President-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by sashx(m): 11:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday set up a committee to resolve the perennial rift between the executive and the legislature.

The committee, chaired by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, has as members, all ministers who were at one time federal legislators as well as the Senior Special Assistants to the President on National Assembly Matters, Ita Enang (Senate) and Samaila Kawu (House of Representatives).

The committee met behind closed doors after the federal executive council meeting amidst concern over the strained relationship between the executive and the Senate in particular.

"The executive is also concerned that the relationship between the two arms of government is not as smooth as it is supposed to be,” information minister later said in his briefing.

"In any democracy, it is a continuous struggle for balancing between the executive and the legislature because each of them is a creature of the law.

"Just today (Wednesday) at the Federal Executive Council meeting, the issue was discussed and a committee is already working on ensuring that we resolve all these outstanding issues," the minister said.

The Senate had Tuesday put off the confirmation of 27 Resident Electoral Commissioners of the Independent National Electoral Commission based on the refusal by the executive to remove the acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, who had been rejected twice.

The upper chamber had also expressed displeasure at the refusal by the Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Hameed Ali, to wear uniform.

The Senate had earlier this year called for the removal of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal, following allegation of misappropriation of funds meant for the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camps in the northeast.

Source:https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/buhari-sets-up-committee-to-end-faceoff-with-senate/191262.html

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by ademasta(m): 11:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
Cool
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by Nebuchadnezar: 11:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
they didn't even wait for ngeneukwenu to finish creating a moral boosting thread for the old useless nonentity kunu drinking bastard mumuhamado Buhari
he has already shiken out like a useless vegetable he is disappointing his gullible zombies.
so sad for zombies
saraki wins again especially on Jagaban's birthday grin

ngeneukwenu right now

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by Nebuchadnezar: 11:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
what a perfect gift for jagaban of borgu

these two guys (saraki and Dino) are firing from all cylinders nowadays
do anyhow see anyhow no time for undemocratic bastards from executive.

i don't like dino nor saraki but anything to pepper zombies is gladly welcomed

this is the best national assembly so far
kiss the truth!

cc
ngeneukwenu

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by thexzy(m): 12:01am On Mar 30, 2017
Confused about some happenings in this qwontry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by Alisegun(m): 12:01am On Mar 30, 2017
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by Funlordjnr: 12:05am On Mar 30, 2017
Nebuchadnezar:
they didn't even wait for ngeneukwenu to finish creating a moral boosting thread for the old useless nonentity kunu drinking bastard mumuhamado Buhari
he has already shiken out like a useless vegetable he is disappointing his gullible zombies.
so sad for zombies
saraki wins again especially on Jagaban's birthday grin

ngeneukwenu right now

You see?......Just as I expected! Nonsense

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by Nebuchadnezar: 12:06am On Mar 30, 2017
[s]
Funlordjnr:

You see?......Just as I expected! Nonsense

[/s]
trash trash trash

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by todayboy: 12:10am On Mar 30, 2017
while Buhari is begging

itse sagay and sponsored kids in nairaland are bragging

Buhari must go he his confused

i hate weak men why will you start a fight you can't end?

any president that fight his enemies in the pages of news paper is weak president

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by todayboy: 12:13am On Mar 30, 2017
i hope sarki ngenekwenu omenkalives antiwailer will not see this thread

they might commit suicide

guys lets watch out movement at the lagoon tommorow

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by Jesusloveyou: 12:21am On Mar 30, 2017
todayboy:
while Buhari is begging

itse sagay and sponsored kids in nairaland are bragging

Buhari must go he his confused

i hate weak men why will you start a fight you can't end?

any president that fight his enemies in the pages of news paper is weak president
did you know what is wisdom?
In bini adage, we say that, it is sense you use to kill rat inside native pot

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by Newbiee: 12:24am On Mar 30, 2017
Baba just manage them, so that they don't hold the country to ransome in order to discredit your government. When 2019 comes you don't need to raise anybody's hand, we would hand pick good people across party lines with our thumbs, no more party politics, the era of using and dumping political party is over.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by chakula: 12:32am On Mar 30, 2017
Good for him to have settle their loggerhead.
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by rekeson: 2:25am On Mar 30, 2017
A corrupt president trying to cow d senate president. Dem for continue na, make Saraki show dem shege...

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by DozieInc(m): 2:57am On Mar 30, 2017
Hope the committee won't start another face-off .
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by Aufbauh(m): 4:31am On Mar 30, 2017
It's quite disheartening that Mr. President is refusing to play politics,thereby halting the reign of impunity and recklessness by Saraki-led senate.

In as much as i won't want the polity to be overheated,i believe it is high time Mr. President cease the occasion and goes for the jocular.
Apply the 3 Cs in politics: Consults across board with men of like minds and missions; reach Consensus by trading off grounds; then Confronts the enemies in the senate with the ghost of their sinful past.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by olujastro: 4:47am On Mar 30, 2017
Just when you think things are beginning to pick up, these useless Senators will just be taking us ten steps backwards. We keep wasting N150b annually on 469 useless people who add nothing but retrogression to the land.
They make me hate democracy sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 30, 2017
The right thing to do.....
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by jericco1(m): 6:42am On Mar 30, 2017
Familiar faces..
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by dunkem21(m): 6:48am On Mar 30, 2017
The way to go wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by AntiWailer: 7:24am On Mar 30, 2017
todayboy:
i hope sarki ngenekwenu omenkalives antiwailer will not see this thread

they might commit suicide

guys lets watch out movement at the lagoon tommorow

Before you start feeling cool about your misery.

This is my response on a similar post yesterday. Unlike the rubbish you and your fellow mediocres promote that i only sing praises of the Govt.

AntiWailer:
What happened to FOI bill.

bunch of eediots and clowns.

They are mending relationship with that rotten Senate ?

F00ls.

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by reuben79: 7:25am On Mar 30, 2017
bubu is dulless....saraki is d one dat ruling dis country....all apc leaders ve keep mute on buhari matter,jst imagin wat happened betw Dss and efcc,thesame presidency infact i ws vry surprise.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by todayboy: 7:29am On Mar 30, 2017
i see your pain

you will receive your pay today

manage the 250k

AntiWailer:

Before you start feeling cool about your misery.

This is my response on a similar post yesterday. Unlike the rubbish you and your fellow mediocres promote that i only sing praises of the Govt.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by AntiWailer: 7:45am On Mar 30, 2017
todayboy:
i see your pain

you will receive your pay today

manage the 250k

And if I am not paid to write anything on Nairaland. 250k will be difficult for you to gather in your hustling life.

Just say Amen Bro.

Av a nice day.
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by mayoor15(m): 8:58am On Mar 30, 2017
Maturity on the path of the Executives, legislative arm of government is just full of old fools calling themselves men
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by Enyimbamercedes: 8:58am On Mar 30, 2017
We set up committees for everything. Soon they'll set up a committee to look into the findings of the committee set up to end the face off . The the Senate will set up a committee to deliberate on the findings of the committee set up to look into the finding of the first committee.

Ayaf confuse myself
Re: Buhari Sets Up Committee To End Faceoff With Senate: Dailytrust by discusant: 9:00am On Mar 30, 2017
Mend fences?

Is Buhari tired of acting like Power Mike? One thought that he is a Hercules.

A president who had the audacity to chose only his kinsmen for nearly all the important positions in his government now seeks to mend fence with his adversaries?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Full Speech In Oxford University / Rivers Assembly To Fubara: "You Have Not Presented The 2024 Budget" / Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.