Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,812 members, 7,827,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three (21460 Views)

The German Autobahn / Does The New Lexus LS 500 Have What It Takes To Finally Take On The German? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by EnkayDezign4: 8:40am On Mar 30, 2017
Lexus has admitted that it lacks the allure of the big German three and that it aims to resolve that.

While speaking to Automotive News, Toyota's newly appointed chief branding officer Tokuo Fukuichi said that he wants to reinvent Lexus' image.

“When you're stuck in traffic, people look at the driver in the Mercedes as a person who has made it in society, and they will envy you. We haven't fully achieved that compared with the German three,” he said.

In his attempt to spice up Lexus, the company is tweaking its branding strategy and at the Japanese media launch of the LC, presented the Lexus Sport Yacht, shortly after the yacht's debut in January. Additionally, the company revealed a rendering of a so-called 'Skyjet', a spaceship set to be featured in the film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.

According to Fukuichi, the company needs to move away from its perception as simply being known as Toyota's luxury division. In the past, Lexus and Toyota have released almost-identical models that outwardly, could be considered as nothing more than rebadging jobs. He wants to change that.

“Let's clearly define Lexus and wait and decide that some things can only be Lexus and not applied to Toyota. I would like to clarify that sort of distinction.

“Lexus' strengths such as quality and service can't be fully appreciated unless you're in the car driving. Better quality isn't that necessary. Better brand power is,” he said.

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/03/lexus-admits-that-it-lacks-allure-of.html

1 Like

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by PrinzCarter(m): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2017
That red is dope

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by Whizpeter(m): 9:11am On Mar 30, 2017
By German three, I guess he's referring to

Benz

BMW

Audi

German is life! cool

107 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by LordIsaac(m): 9:13am On Mar 30, 2017
Hmmm....but the name "lexus" sounds good.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by EnkayDezign4: 9:41am On Mar 30, 2017
Whizpeter:

Benz

BMW

Audi

German is life! cool

Spot on!

68 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by mejai(m): 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
oya, NL toyota and lexus warriors over to u guys. MsDelilah kept warning u guys about mentioning Benz with dis japanese 'kom-kom' grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
mejai:
oya, NL toyota and lexus warriors over to u guys. MsDelilah kept warning u guys about mentioning Benz with dis japanese 'kom-kom' grin
Pls tell them o! "Kom kom"

27 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by EnkayDezign: 3:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
mejai:

Lol
Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lexus has admitted that it lacks the allure of the big German three and that it aims to resolve that.
How will the man open his mouth to say this kind thing na?
It's true but it shouldn't come from his mouth. angry

Anyway, I came here to say I hate RED cars and WHITE too...take care.

6 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by jeeqaa7(m): 7:03am On Mar 31, 2017
Ok
Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 31, 2017
Before nko
Even Acura is better than Lexus

1 Like

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 31, 2017
My brother is a Doctor.... just felt like telling y'all

37 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by alfredo4u(m): 7:05am On Mar 31, 2017
Q
Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by praisekeyzz(m): 7:05am On Mar 31, 2017
Ion really like lexus cars...dey look alike especially Der jeeps.
But nice 1 anyway..car na car!
Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by xreal: 7:06am On Mar 31, 2017
The day that red lexus enter naija, all the bumper go break finish , even without driving it sef.

Despite that, Dino will want to acquire it.

14 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by honEmirate(m): 7:07am On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by helphelp: 7:09am On Mar 31, 2017
Before nko
Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by hucienda: 7:10am On Mar 31, 2017
The German Machines! cool

3 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by kushfc(m): 7:11am On Mar 31, 2017
Oga Dino business don come.

6 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by Origin(f): 7:12am On Mar 31, 2017
As long as its N3. 50 I will rush it. Lexus has always be a superb brand. Hmmmm but Na money kill am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by ibkgab001: 7:12am On Mar 31, 2017
Okkh
Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:13am On Mar 31, 2017
Very honest man

2 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by yinkard4me(m): 7:13am On Mar 31, 2017
PUSH1:
Before nko
Even Acura is better than Lexus
bros calm down

11 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by ehissi(m): 7:13am On Mar 31, 2017
uzoclinton:
My brother is a Doctor.... just felt like telling y'all

Chairman nor vex!

Which type, abi na native doctor?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by dfrost: 7:14am On Mar 31, 2017
Whizpeter:

Benz

BMW

Audi

German is life! cool

You can say that again. Shout it aloud! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by ibkgab001: 7:15am On Mar 31, 2017
Whizpeter:

Benz

BMW

Audi x Volkswagen

German is life! cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by Exponental(m): 7:16am On Mar 31, 2017
Nice toys
Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by bigsmoke2(m): 7:17am On Mar 31, 2017
Whizpeter:

Benz

BMW

volkswagen

German is life! cool

2 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by Btruth: 7:17am On Mar 31, 2017
I've always says it to my friends and folks that you can't ever compare the German machine (automobile) to any other brands.

6 Likes

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by ibkgab001: 7:19am On Mar 31, 2017
Audi and Volkswagen are two different company but from the same parent

Just like Nissan and Datsun
Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by AreaFada2: 7:19am On Mar 31, 2017
You cannot compare Lexus that is a recent offshoot of Toyota to 91 years of continuous breakthrough, improvement and pace setting by Mercedes na.

Lexus should seek to grab more market share of young upwardly mobile people. Who will hopefully remain loyal for decades. So that 30 years from now, moneyed people in their 60s and above will consider it a genuine alternative to Benz.

But BMW, Audi, Nissan Infinity, Honda Acura and others are seriously making that young upwardly mobile segment difficult.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lexus Admits That It Lacks The Allure Of The German Three by AreaFada2: 7:20am On Mar 31, 2017
AreaFada2:
You cannot compare Lexus that is a recent offshoot of Toyota to 91 years of continuous breakthrough, improvement and pace setting of Mercedes na.

Lexus should seek to grab more market share of young upwardly mobile people. Who will hopefully remain loyal for decades. So that 30 years from now, moneyed people in their 60s and above will consider it a genuine alternative to Benz.

But BMW, Audi, Nissan Infinity, Honda Acura and others are seriously making that young upwardly mobile segment difficult.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Places You Must Never Overtake The Car In Front Of You When Driving / 10 Incredible Parking Fails You Can’t Pull Off No Matter How Hard You Try (photo / Let’s Laugh Together And Also Learn From My Funny Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.