Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Water Shortage: Students Turn To Gutter Water For Survival In Ghana(photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Water Shortage: Students Turn To Gutter Water For Survival In Ghana(photos) (440 Views)

Girl Seen Reading Beside The Gutter With Street Light (PHOTO) / Queen College Lagos Students Get Automatic Promotion Over Water Shortage - Group / Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Shortage: Students Turn To Gutter Water For Survival In Ghana(photos) by Calismart(m): 9:07am On Mar 30, 2017
Koforidua Technical School (KOTECH) at Koforidua in the
Eastern Region of Ghana has is experiencing severe water shortage.

It was learnt that over 1000 students of the school have had
no water flowing through their taps for the past two weeks, as the only borehole in the school is
out of service.

Some students who spoke to Citi News indicated that they struggle daily to find water
outside the school for domestic activities.

“It is very painful and disheartening as friends
turn into enemies because of water, we even fight ourselves outside the school when we all
rush for water,” a student stated.

A usual sight in the school each morning is of droves of students moving to and fro the school
with buckets.
Some students wake up as early as 3 am to search for water outside the school.

“I can’t even remember the last time I took my
bath, I, believe is over a week now since water
touched my body,” one student said.
Some others have also threatened to go home if
the situation persists. The lamented that they
had spent all their money on sachet water

By: Neil Nii Amatey Kanarku/citifmonline/Ghana

http://www.storiesmagic.com/2017/03/water-shortage-students-turn-to-gutter.html?m=1

Re: Water Shortage: Students Turn To Gutter Water For Survival In Ghana(photos) by Homeboiy: 9:10am On Mar 30, 2017
bad
Re: Water Shortage: Students Turn To Gutter Water For Survival In Ghana(photos) by Calismart(m): 9:15am On Mar 30, 2017
more photos

Re: Water Shortage: Students Turn To Gutter Water For Survival In Ghana(photos) by oldfoolnigger(m): 10:15am On Mar 30, 2017
our own here pass that one na

Re: Water Shortage: Students Turn To Gutter Water For Survival In Ghana(photos) by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 30, 2017
!

(1) (Reply)

Life Is Never Too Late / Quickbooks Desktop 2017 Tutorial For Beginners / Project Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.