Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths! (621 Views)

Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? / Where Did We Go Wrong... Wake Up Nigeria Youths.. / Why Did We Stop Using Coins In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths! by lanrocks(m): 9:31am On Mar 30, 2017
Prof. Wole Soyinka says:
"Awolowo was 37 years,
Akintola 36,
Ahmadu Bello 36,
Balewa 34,
Okotie-Eboh 27
and Enahoro 27
And they led the struggle for Nigeria Independence after the death of Macaulay. Only Zik was 42 at the time!

In 1966, the first military coup was led by K. Nzeogwu who was 29 years and countered by
M.Mohammed 28,
T. Danjuma 28,
I. Babangida 25,
J. Garba 23,
Sani Abacha 23,
and M. Yar'adua 23,

And brought into power
Y. Gowon 32,
Ojukwu 33,
Obasanjo 29,
And Buhari 24!

Most of the military governors who governed the states under the successive military regimes were under 30 years.
Also, the brief democratic dispensation which interjected the military interregnums also saw some Senators and members of the House of Representatives, in particular, populated by persons under 30!

Under 30's were also not in short supply with appointments - we have examples of MT Mbu who became Nigeria's Foreign Affairs Minister at 23 and Pat Utomi who became a Federal Adviser at 27. And so on and so forth!
NOW: Why is it that almost all this age bracket is today still sleeping in 3-seater chairs in their parents’ homes?

Why is it that this age bracket is today still collecting pocket money from their parents?
Why is it that this age bracket is today still writing JAMB?

Why is it that this age bracket today still 'sag' their trousers?
Why is it that this age bracket is today still searching for jobs and not yet married?

Why is it that this age bracket is today no longer qualified to even be leaders of youth wings of political parties?
Why is it that this age bracket is today so docile?

Why is this age bracket today incapable of feeding itself?
Why is it that this age bracket is today barred from even aspiring to certain political offices?

Why is it that this age bracket today incapacitated, unwilling, unable and incapable of asking questions?
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!"

From Prof Wole Soyinka.
This is real Food for Thought!

ANGELA UYI’S REPLY TO WOLE SOYINKA:
We didn't get it wrong but your greedy generation got it wrong by failing to retire to the comfort of their bedrooms and become advisers to our generation.

They got it wrong by using culture and tradition to suppress the agitations of the youth which the older generation before them did not use against them.
They got it all wrong by thinking that this generation is retarded and lazy to confront your generation who have so bastardized this generation to a state of zombie idiocy.

They got it all wrong by their continuing manipulating of their age just to remain in political and public positions.

They got it all wrong thinking we will not fight back and flush out old blood from leadership.
They got it all wrong by thinking we will allow our docility of yesterday to hurt our today and ruin our tomorrow and as well go to our various prayer houses to pray and wait for the future to fix itself.
Be bold to tell Nigerians and the eotld that "Those Who Destroyed Nigeria Were Born Between 1934-1966 - The Worst Generation since the existence of humanity"

Your generation brought us here. You grew up and became self-absorbed! You jettisoned all you were taught by the generation before. You are the most hypocritical in the history of Nigeria.
Your generation never fought for anything, you hold no enduring beliefs, no defining values and you stand for nothing.

Tell your generation that they got it all wrong and the people are ready for bloody revolution; we are ready to fight blood and water to reclaim what's rightly ours.
Your parents handed you strong communal ethos, your generation subtracted yourselves to become individualistic, greedy and self-centered.
Your parents were open, you are closed and bigoted. Your parents gave back to the society, you removed from it.

Tell your generation that they can cry us a river and wail us blood but our days of fighting back approaches.
We are ready because we know that freedom from mental poverty and from the continuing suffering of the Nigerian people is a constant struggle and our Aluta is Eternal.

I am Angela Uyi and above is my simple reply to Prof. Wole Soyinka.
Think Nigeria First and Nigeria Always. Think Nigerians! Think!
Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths! by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:53am On Mar 30, 2017
Gbam..
Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths! by KingGBsky(m): 11:24am On Mar 30, 2017
Why are nigeria youths always shifting away from things like this that is suppose to unite us for a definite idea to take control of our destinies.
The youths are quick to go into threads that have to do with quarel and propangandas on apostle suleman, governor fayose, buhari matter and inconsiquensial details with no basis.
what is really wrong with the youth of our generation?

and by the way that lady's reply was arrant nonsense.
I hate excuses in my life. Those men of old faced white clonial masters and won, the first nigerian coup faced government officails and won and you are here complaining nonsense.
Oh Nigeria I shed tears for you. Especially the youths.

1 Like

Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths! by ZombieTERROR: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
Youths who campaigned for an old tyrant like Buhari needs to be flogged at the market square......
They did it out of sentiment ,stupidity and religious reasons of which all are shallow

The Nigerian problem is the system
A system that empowers the powerful few to loot
A system that impoverish the poor
Together we can change this

Let's support the calls to restructure
The time is now
Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths! by KingGBsky(m): 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
ZombieTERROR:
Youths who campaigned for an old tyrant like Buhari needs to be flogged at the market square......
They did it out of sentiment ,stupidity and religious reasons of which all are shallow

The Nigerian problem is the system
A system that empowers the powerful few to loot
A system that impoverish the poor
Together we can change this

Let's support the calls to restructure
The time is now

Believe me this restructure call has already been swept in the rug by these power hungry presidency and the rest of them.
APC was quick to call for restructure when pdp was in power now after two years nobody is talking about it.
Nigeria needs totalk revolution by the Youths.
We are the most populated in this country for crying out loud. We need to take over these crumbling government.
WE THE YOUTH MUST OVER- THROWN THIS GOVERNMENT
The suffering is just too much jare.
Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths! by 9jalyte: 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hmmm, my dear if you want to know why, just use this your post as a test. Observe how many people will respond or contribute to the discussion on this issue. Even among those that will respond, just count how many will make sane contribution.

We have a generation of poorly groomed people, lacking in opinion and self awareness. If you want to get them to talk or know what they are good at, create a post on Tonto Dike, talk about premiership or soccer, bring celebrity gossip. If you want to understand how informed they are in governance, create a PDP/APC conflict post, you will read the most dirty thing that can come out of a living thing.

For the records, the first generation leaders you mentioned were informed, dogged and motivated enough to wrestle power from colonial authority. They were idealistic and believed in Nigeria. They studied abroad and left the comfort of the western society and returned to build Africa (Mind you, the movement was to create a strong African identity at that time not to create IPOB or Arewa, or those self centred ethnic identities). They showed maturity, even when they were quite young, and that was why they got the power. What do we have today, young men that have no confidence in them selves, people who cannot even manage a relationship, people who have more craving for gadgets that for human development, people who are so polluted in mind and hearth that the words that come out of their mouth are toxic. How on earth do you think they can rule.

Go to Nigerian Universities and see how the young men and women sent there to become intellectual power box of the nation end of in some kind of street gangsterism they call cultism, or become more religious in the university than being intellectual. In the 1960s and 70s, how many campus fellowships did we have, and what manner of people were involved in the school confraternity. Just look critically at all the stages of development the young people have been passing through and tell me how easy it will be to create good leaders from them.

Not withstanding, we have great guys that have managed to build themselves against all odds, and are very qualified to take leadership, but tell me, when such people come out without money to throw around, how will their fellow young people treat them. Enough said!
Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? Wake Up Nigerian Youths! by ERCROSS(m): 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
I weep for this generation, we are never united against this old thieves. when we were younger, we were told education is the key, now we are educated, we found the door has been replaced with a brick wall. Imagine, the president is suffering from old age sickness and this has caused him to be unable to rule effectively since assuming office, che youths no dey this country again ni. It will be a slap on our face if someone like Atiku should be the next president, abeg wetin dat one get to offer. I had made up my mind not to vote for any old man come 2019, we need learned people like sowore, Fashola, Ambode, or even Osinbajo. I am tired of seeing this set of recycled old thieves.

(1) (Reply)

Benue State Commissioner Accused Of Theft In China / Nnamdi Kanu Bail Conditions: Onerous And Unreasonable? / Alleged $40m Scam: Efcc Witnesses Deny Dealing With Jonathan’s Cousin, wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.