Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet (1533 Views)

How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed / 4 Reasons Why New Year Resolutions Are Overrated / 4 Reasons Not To Give Into Social Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by shinarlaura(f): 10:07am On Mar 30, 2017
This will be my first topic. Due to the increased depression rate and suicides, I decided to write about this and hopes it touches a life out there.

I know how it feels being depressed. I have been there, and I have no intention of going back to that state called depression. You might say “I am depressed, what should I do next?” or “How do I overcome depression?’ You might be looking for reasons to stay strong, but ideas aren’t coming forth. No jobs, you have been sacked, not enough money to feed the family, excessive debts, and so on. In this article, I will give you top 4 reasons never to give up yet despite early failures.

A lot of people want you to fail; don’t let them win

You might not know this, but it is the plain truth. There are people who wake up every morning hoping and praying that you just fail in life. This caliber of people might be your colleagues at work who wants to be more successful than you, Childhood friends who you were better than, Cousins, Siblings, and etc. There are lots of them hanging around and wanting to hear how bad you later turned out in life. Don’t let them win! You have to just keep going!

People who believe in you; don’t disappoint them

Just like heroes in most movies we watch, there are people hoping, wishing and praying that you become what you are supposed to be in life. Giving up means disappointing these set of people. They see you as someone who can do it. They use you to strengthen themselves. They believe that if you can, they themselves too can! You don’t need to disappoint them. They believe in you, in your abilities, never disappoint them; just keep going!

No matter your condition, you are better than about 10 million people in the world

This might sound so untrue, but that is a fact. I have attached a video below to show you a man you may know about. His video inspired me never to give up, and I believe it can also inspire. If your condition is not worse than his, then you have no reason to give.

Watch this Video
https://youtu.be/OtaF79Pqaq0

Giving up is Cowardice

Nobody loves being a coward, so why run away from challenges instead of giving up. Every challenge is there to make you stronger. No matter what challenges you are facing now, a lot of people have passed through worse scenarios and came out strong. I will list them for you to see.

Albert Einstein was diagnosed with Dyslexia right from childhood, couldn’t even speak correctly as at the age of 3 and still went on to become one of the greatest scientists in the history of mankind.

Tom Cruise was diagnosed with Dyslexia at age 7, struggled hard to complete his academics, was almost a failure before he found his calling in acting.

Steve Jobs learning disabilities didn’t stop him from attending college from where he met Steve Wozniak. The duo late went on to establish the famous Apple Company.

Thomas Edison teachers said, “He was too stupid to learn anything.” He was fired from his first two jobs for being non-productive. As an inventor, he infamously failed about 1000 times before he came up with a life changing invention “The Electric Bulb.”

Fanny Crosby despite her sight disability, she became one of the most famous hymn writers. Her song is being sung almost everywhere in the world in most churches.

Christy Brown despite suffering from cerebral palsy right from the age of 5, with only his left foot found functional. He still went ahead to author his award-winning biography book titled “My Left Foot”.

Cobhams Asuquo is a visually impaired Nigerian musician, producer, and songwriter. Despite his sight, he has managed to carve out a name as one of the influential people in the Nigerian music industry.

You have your sight, brains, body parts are complete and yet you want to give up just like that? Even if you are disabled, take a look at those I mentioned. They were in that same category, but giving up was never an option. A positive mindset, willingness to strive harder and the zeal to keep pushing is what you need. Thanks so much for reading.

Original Writer- Laura.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/feeling-suicidal-depressed-top-4-reasons-not-give-yet/

Cc: lalasticlala dominique mynd44 seun

5 Likes

Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by optional1(f): 10:10am On Mar 30, 2017
you so right op...

Never give up in life no matter how depress you are in life.
There are a lot of people out there that by seeing you gives them hope and joy and they are wanting to be like you or reach your level in life..

I pray we never reach that level of depression whereby we will be thinking of suicide..

2 Likes

Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by Dpredictor(m): 10:21am On Mar 30, 2017
With all these suicide... this post comes in well. God bless Op. I blame Buhari angry

lalasticlala... leave snake and come and see embarassed

That video is touching ooo shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by Fela40: 10:23am On Mar 30, 2017
Hmmm... God help us sha embarassed

me sef don tire cry
Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by SFSNIPER(m): 10:42am On Mar 30, 2017
Why would I want to take my own life in the first place?
Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by generalbush(m): 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
nice post. lalasticlala you would love this!

FP asap cheesy
Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by MarshRiley(m): 10:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nice one dear
Suicide is never the way out
We all fight battles.
This needs to be on front page but no
Na snake na him lalasticalala know

1 Like

Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by FitnessDoctor: 10:46am On Apr 16, 2017
shinarlaura:
This will be my first topic. Due to the increased depression rate and suicides, I decided to write about this and hopes it touches a life out there.

I know how it feels being depressed. I have been there, and I have no intention of going back to that state called depression. You might say “I am depressed, what should I do next?” or “How do I overcome depression?’ You might be looking for reasons to stay strong, but ideas aren’t coming forth. No jobs, you have been sacked, not enough money to feed the family, excessive debts, and so on. In this article, I will give you top 4 reasons never to give up yet despite early failures.

You might not know this, but it is the plain truth. There are people who wake up every morning hoping and praying that you just fail in life. This caliber of people might be your colleagues at work who wants to be more successful than you, Childhood friends who you were better than, Cousins, Siblings, and etc. There are lots of them hanging around and wanting to hear how bad you later turned out in life. Don’t let them win! You have to just keep going!

Just like heroes in most movies we watch, there are people hoping, wishing and praying that you become what you are supposed to be in life. Giving up means disappointing these set of people. They see you as someone who can do it. They use you to strengthen themselves. They believe that if you can, they themselves too can! You don’t need to disappoint them. They believe in you, in your abilities, never disappoint them; just keep going!

No matter your condition, you are better than about 10 million people in the world

This might sound so untrue, but that is a fact. I have attached a video below to show you a man you may know about. His video inspired me never to give up, and I believe it can also inspire. If your condition is not worse than his, then you have no reason to give.

Watch this Video

Giving up is Cowardice

Nobody loves being a coward, so why run away from challenges instead of giving up. Every challenge is there to make you stronger. No matter what challenges you are facing now, a lot of people have passed through worse scenarios and came out strong. I will list them for you to see.

You have your sight, brains, body parts are complete and yet you want to give up just like that? Even if you are disabled, take a look at those I mentioned. They were in that same category, but giving up was never an option. A positive mindset, willingness to strive harder and the zeal to keep pushing is what you need. Thanks so much for reading.

Original Writer- Laura.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/feeling-suicidal-depressed-top-4-reasons-not-give-yet/

I wanted to agree with what you wrote here.. but there are so many flaws, I am sorry dear...

First, you are giving people a reason to live based on what other people think, telling them that they have a lot of people who believe in them and that there are 10 million people living worse than them..

The reason why he might want to commit suicide is because of the so much responsibilities and people who believe in him that he think he is failing.. He might consider himself a failure to those believe who gave their trust to him and that is why he is depressed.. So if you remind him more of it then why wouldn't he go ahead..

Telling him that he is better than 10 million others wouldn't get him anywhere... It is inhumane to tell someone to feel better because others are suffering worse than him...

Most people who commit suicide don't care about how 10 million others are, but when they meet just one person from that 10 million then they will feel better..

You say cowardice... then you have never really been depressed... Have you ever been through that moment you wanted to pee and you wanted to go really bad... All you could think of was peeing and wondering if you will pee on yourself.... There you see.. instead of you to concentrate on controlling you bladder through your kegel exercises which will supress the urge. you wouldn't even think at all but just on the pee..

That is how it is for those who go through depression and suicidal thoughts, the emotions, the comparisms, the failed future ambitions as lead to one thought and he does not have the time to think about being a coward...

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

2 Likes

Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 05, 2017
Dont have the balls to watch video cos i know its gonna be........

A really really nice write up/ post and a first one at that

just hope dat 1 person out dere who feels like ending it all get to read dis first

Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
AggressiveFucker:
Dont have the balls to watch video cos i know its gonna be........

A really really nice write up/ post and a first one at that

just hope dat 1 person out dere who feels like ending it all get to read dis first
Your name actually got my attention here...
Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
kelvinrhs:

Your name actually got my attention here...

heheheh whats sup with me name
Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
AggressiveFucker:

heheheh whats sup with me name
Cause I like d aggresive kind on d bed. It makes me feel happy. So how aggresive can u really get?
Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
kelvinrhs:

Cause I like d aggresive kind on d bed. It makes me feel happy.
So how aggresive can u really get?

la wah o cheesy cheesy cheesy

bros i get dick o

cos ama guy not a lady cheesy cheesy cheesy

anyways i can get really really aggressive cheesy cheesy
Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by zolajpower: 8:19am On Mar 17, 2018
shinarlaura:

Watch this Video

Giving up is Cowardice

Original Writer- Laura.

Hi ,i sent you a dm.......forgive my manners ,good morning ma
Re: Feeling Suicidal Or Depressed- Top 4 Reasons Not To Give Up Yet by TheLoser: 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2018
Why is it always money, is depression only have to do with money
What of other things other than money Sigh
Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know anything really

(1) (Reply)

Dreaded Nigerian Fraudster In China / Popular Aba Comedian Cries For Help / How Can Hold Em Indicator Make You A More Profitable Online Poker Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.