Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Amazon CEO Is Now The Second Richest Person On Earth - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Amazon CEO Is Now The Second Richest Person On Earth (601 Views)

Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List / Bernard Arnault Replaces Bill Gates As World’s Second Richest Man / Dangote Now 64th Richest Person In The World - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazon CEO Is Now The Second Richest Person On Earth by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 10:57am On Mar 30, 2017
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is now the second richest person on Earth. Move over Warren Buffett!

The latest tally by Bloomberg's Billionaires Index shows Bezos is now worth about $75.6 billion. Another ranking compiled by Forbes has Bezos' value at "just" $75.2 billion. He added $1.5 billion to his net worth. Amazon gained $9 billion in market value during trading hours Wednesday. The company received a generous stock bump after a Barclay's analyst declared Amazon will "likely to be one of the first trillion-dollar market cap companies." Its shares hit a record high shortly after.

Amazon's stock has been on fire lately -- it's grown more than 16% over the last year. Investors were pleased with the company's decision, announced yesterday, to buy Souq , an e-commerce giant in the Middle East. Amazon isn't Bezos's only venture. He also owns space exploration company Blue Origin. Its goal is to eventually take people on "space tourism" trips and to deliver satellites into orbit for corporate climates. So far, the company has only conducted test flights.

Bezos leapfrogged investing guru Warren Buffett and Spanish fashion tycoon Amancio Ortega, who are worth $74.9 billion and $74.2 billion respectively, to take the number two spot on Bloomberg's billionaire list. Buffett is CEO of
Berkshire Hathaway and Ortega founded Zara-owner Inditex.

On Forbes' list, Bezos swapped places with Buffett, but he still trails Ortega's net worth by about $1 billion. Topping both richest-person lists is still Bill Gates. As founder and CEO of Microsoft ( , Tech30 ), Gates has amassed an $86 billion fortune.

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/29/technology/jeff-bezos-richest/index.html?sr=fbCNN033017jeff-bezos-richest0700AMStoryLink&linkId=35996576

Re: Amazon CEO Is Now The Second Richest Person On Earth by DaniDani(m): 11:05am On Mar 30, 2017
And I'm still wasting my time here on Nairaland bashing criminal politicians. God, show me mercy and kindness. I have made several efforts and failed and I am so much afraid to loose more small monies I have. Pls Baba God, look upon me with pity, mercy and help me like you helped Olajumoke, the favored one. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Amazon CEO Is Now The Second Richest Person On Earth by ayo2pec(m): 11:11am On Mar 30, 2017
WITH US, IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!
With Oriflame's social selling model you can start your own beauty business as an independent Consultant, for a minimal fee and without any finacial risk. You decide how much you do and how far you go - and we are here to support you along the way.
BECOME AN ORIFLAME CONSULTANT

See our Catalougue

https://ng.oriflame.com/products/digital-catalogue-current?pageNumber=1

Register here to become consultant

https://ng.oriflame.com/business-opportunity

IF YOU ARE INTEREST register with us use 186443 as Sponsor

We are talking of International business here call Christy on 08035726724

Re: Amazon CEO Is Now The Second Richest Person On Earth by Epositive(m): 11:19am On Mar 30, 2017
mr jeff bezos, watch out for me cool
Re: Amazon CEO Is Now The Second Richest Person On Earth by Axsetup: 6:02am On Mar 31, 2017
Awesome!
Lalasticlala where are you?

(1) (Reply)

Exchange Fiverr Reviews.. / Chinese Business Person Needed Urgently / Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos' Reign As World's Richest Lasted Just A Few Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.