Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,635 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Lionel Messi Speaks Out On Ban : 'my Comments Were Made To The Air' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Speaks Out On Ban : 'my Comments Were Made To The Air' (376 Views)

"If You Ban Sports Bet Today, You Want To Ban My Future" - Chijioke Agu / Alex Peroni Survives Horror Accident As Car Spins In The Air (Photos) / Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Speaks Out On Ban : 'my Comments Were Made To The Air' by Footballmade: 12:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
Argentina are in the process of appealing the verdict but the player is already openly protesting his innocence.

'My comments were never directed at the first assistant, they were comments made to the air,' Messi told La Nacion.

Messi said 'la concha de tu madre', which translates as 'your mother's ****' — a common cursing phrase in Argentina — in the direction of Brazilian linesman Emerson Augusto do Carvalho at the end of the match after being harried and fouled by Chile's Jean Beausejour.

The official patted him on the head and tried to calm him down but Messi continued ranting.

Carvalho said later he did not understand at the time what Messi was saying.

Read more on : https://footballmade.com/lionel-messi-speaks-out-my-comments-were-made-to-the-air/
Re: Lionel Messi Speaks Out On Ban : 'my Comments Were Made To The Air' by solid3(m): 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
Se ode ni bobo yi ni? You went to meet someone after match and insulted him to his face and you say your words were to the air, was the man air n'tori oloun?

Meanwhile: .....

Re: Lionel Messi Speaks Out On Ban : 'my Comments Were Made To The Air' by acenazt: 1:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
Messi be taking niggas for fools.

(1) (Reply)

Sun Suspends Kelvin Mackenzie Over Ross Barkley Racial Article / Messi Is The Best Player Of All Times – Javier Tebas / Mikel To Miss Nigeria's AFCON Clash Against Bafana Bafana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.