Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

A Thread For World Bravest Soldiers. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A Thread For World Bravest Soldiers. (462 Views)

Twenty Indian soldiers Die After Clash With China Along Disputed Border / Idriss Deby Visits Injured Soldiers After Rcent Battle / 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For World Bravest Soldiers. by AK481(m): 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2017
This thread is opened for soldiers that has taken risky and bravery action while working for their country.

I will start........

On 17 March 2016, senior lieutenant Alexander Prokhorenko of the Russian Spetsnaz was surrounded by the ISIS terrorists. He called in an airstrike on his coordinates and took out about 50 terrorists with himself.

Sr. Lt. Prokhorenko was performing the task behind the enemy lines in Palmyra, Syria of designating the vital targets for airstrikes. After a week of staying hidden, he was spotted by the ISIS terrorists who tried to capture him. For the entire day he was evading them. He called for an extraction that was sent from the Russian base, but it would take 15 minutes for them to reach him. Not having more ammunition to resist and knowing he would endanger the extraction party, he called his CO and demanded to cancel the extraction and deliver an airstrike on his coordinates. Here is the radio communication transcript with Alexander’s last words:

Prokhorenko: Command, I am surrounded, I am surrounded again.
Command: Please repeat and confirm.
Prokhorenko: They have spotted me, they are shooting everywhere, I am pinned, requesting evacuation immediately.
Command: Evacuation request acknowledged.
Prokhorenko: Please hurry, I am low on ammo, they are coming from everywhere, I can't hold them for too long, please hurry.
Command: Evacuation is coming, hold them off, keep returning fire, go to safe position. Air support is on its way, give your coordinates.
Prokhorenko gives the coordinates.
Command repeats the coordinates: Confirm.
Prokhorenko: Confirmed, please hurry, I am low on ammo, they are surrounding me, bastards.
Command: 12 minutes until evacuation, return to cover, I repeat, return to cover.
Prokhorenko: They are close, I am surrounded, this may be the end, tell my family I love them.
Command: Return to green line, keep returning fire, help is on the way, wait for air support.
Prokhorenko: Negative, I am surrounded, there are so many of these bastards.
Command: 10 minutes, return to green line.
Prokhorenko: I can't, they have surrounded me and are closing in, please hurry.
Command: Move to green line, repeat, move to green line.
Prokhorenko: They are coming, conduct the airstrike now, please hurry, this is the end, tell my family I love them and I died fighting for my country.
Command: Negative, return to green line.
Prokhorenko: I can't, command, I am surrounded, they are coming, I don’t want them to take me. Conduct the airstrike, they will make a mockery of me and the uniform. I want to die with dignity and take all these bastards with me. Fulfill my last wish, conduct the airstrike, they will kill me either way.
Command: Please confirm your request
Prokhorenko: They are here, this is the end commander, thank you. Tell my family and my country I love them, tell them I was brave and I fought until I could no longer. Please take care of my family, avenge my death. Good bye commander, tell my family I love them.
Command doesn't respond, orders the airstrike.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Prokhorenko

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: A Thread For World Bravest Soldiers. by AK481(m): 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2017
PapaBrowne, aljharem, Ymodulus, Afam4eva,Billyonaire, Seun, DDeliverer Explorers naptu2 ZUBY77

1 Like

Re: A Thread For World Bravest Soldiers. by AK481(m): 3:32pm On Mar 30, 2017
PapaBrowne, aljharem, Ymodulus, Afam4eva,Billyonaire, Seun, DDeliverer Explorers naptu2 ZUBY77

Lalasticala.

Ejo frontfpage,we need to Honour these warriors.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For World Bravest Soldiers. by illegalGangla(m): 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
The army haters are coming

Stay tuned bro.....good luck op

Iyalaya anybody to ba mention me....eyin asinwin
#FreeKemiOlunloyo
#PastorsAreLiarstors

(1) (Reply)

North Korea Has Fired Another Ballistic Missile. / World Health Assembly Elects Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus As New WHO Director-g / Iran's Revolutionary Guards Blame Saudis For Tehran Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.