Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,215 members, 7,867,535 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:01 PM

Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act (20032 Views)

Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS / Senate Proposes Amendment To Immunity For Vice-Presidents, Governors And Others / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Electoral Violence And Disruptions In Lagos, Shares Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Terror666(m): 6:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
commendable i guess
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by discusant: 6:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria was politically restructured with 20 states proliferated in the once one northern region, but only 17 states in the once two southern regions, with result that even a goat from the north of Nigeria can win a most-qualified presidential candidate from the south of Nigeria.

So voting system changes little. A presidential candidate needs 25% of votes in 24 states to win.

Even a goat from the north can win 25% votes from the 19 states littered every corner of the north.

There should have been more states in the south than in the north

Land mass is never used as yard stick to derive new federal units from the existing federal units in a federal country.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Qyubee(m): 6:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
Good one! Budget next!!
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by jbhill(m): 6:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
JUST WITNESSED E-MARRIAGE.
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by binsanni(m): 6:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
Weldone boys

Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Gnwuashi: 6:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
E-voting lipsrsealed lipsrsealed what about hacking? It will even be easier to manipulate the result in the 'High Neck' office after final collection or even before the voting begins.
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
Time to enroll in a hacking school in South Korea. I must hammer by force in 2019

grin
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Jones4190(m): 6:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
I see a repeat of Russia American deal hare in Nigeria
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by tk4rd: 6:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
This is a welcome development.
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by hermosa7: 6:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
DONSMITH123:

i tell you. this is good for democracy

How does e-voting work?
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
I see this as a desperate move by the senate to impress the people but then can I really say they have shot themselves in the leg? They may be many things, certainly they are not dullards.#hotnaijablood #naijaparole
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by siraj1402(m): 6:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
With this new development, half of them will not come back to the house come 2019. Mark my words.
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by banio: 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
Time to make friend with Mr Putin. So that he can order his hackers to make me the next President. I know what to offer him

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by cstr151: 6:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
All well and good, but that is not the reason why Nigeria has terrible leaders.
What is the use of E-voting when the choice is between buhari and jonathan- two terrible options?
Change the party primaries to an American styled system where the common people determines who gets nominated as the various parties sole-candidate, in a free for all election.
That way decent candidates get to compete at the nationals proper.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Mesutlewy(m): 6:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
It seems like this sleeping senators has woken up frm their slumber
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by mathel(m): 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
Executhiefs and legislooters fight will in long run favor Nigerians. They will always do things that will reduce the power of executhiefs
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by charlesucheh(m): 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2017
Mean while, the RIGGERS association are equally amending and developing new rigging strategies! I believe my Naija bruvs die!
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Spidermon: 7:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
If i can vote with my phone as easily as i do on Twitter...

Thats the only way i can ever vote. Imagine how painful it would have been if I queued to vote Buhari....

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by menxer: 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
Good!

At lest they Kept a leeway/escape route for themselves in case rigging becomes a necessity.
grin

Major highlights of the new bill include provision for the use of electronic voting by INEC during future elections, use of Card Reader and also gives INEC power to modify the voting process if there is a challenge.
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by sshalom(m): 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
This is a good one and should be commended.
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by nNEOo(m): 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2017
My sweet Jesus are we ready....? Very good but are we ready? undecided
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
The era of multiple voting by an individual will be checkmate,also Nigerians in diaspora can vote(that if its been included in the amendment).
but I think it will reduce the herculean task of counting ballots after an election where mistakes (errors) do occur also rigging will be minimize if all things are been equal but don't trust politician kos they will find another way to beat this encryption.

The alleged case of Russia manipulating the last presidential elections in the USA is still fresh in our minds.. but nevertheless its a good step for the coming 2019 elections.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Ak2fyn(m): 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
God is just allowing them to set de rope upon which they will later be hanged
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by alabo1: 7:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
Zita55:
;no. this is the beginning of progress and achieve a true transparent electoral process. All that needs to be done is link it to bvn/national security number (in time) and it will greatly negate manipulation. see what bvn has done for money laundering. a positive step

I hope so ooo, but surely, they will still bring another strategy that will favour ,the mumus
n
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nice move
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by sunsewa16: 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
The moment they knew they're shooting themselves on the leg,but there is no way to wriggle out,a welcome idea,that eliminates many bad vices.
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by thanknairaland1: 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
welcome development
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by greatman247(m): 8:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
finally... rigging will be reduced by this.
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Emassive(m): 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
Am traveling to Russia asap to meet my new hackers..lol I must make this money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by AceSkillz01: 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
Why not wail that the Senate is useless, ineffective, out of line, should be scrapped blah blah

From the beginning, the Senate and House of Reps has been on the lookout for the common man, in spite of the padding, stealing etc.

Reducing electricity tariffs, canceling unnecessary custom duties, now e-voting

I'm hard pressed to find one executive policy that's relieved Nigerians undecided

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
The death of a candidate before the declaration of results by INEC shouldn't necessarily lead to a 3-week suspension of the election.
Instead, the running-mate of the deceased candidate should be deemed as the party's new candidate by INEC. Then, the affected political party would be mandated to name a new running-mate.
Re: Senate Approves E-Voting, Passes Amendment To Electoral Act by Youngzedd(m): 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
blackaxe78:

Rigging will be minimized.

Minimise Weti??

This doesn't require weapons, all that's needed is brain and some money for the guys with the brain.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Acting CJN Warns Judges Against Frivolous Political Injunctions / Pictures From Sanwo Olu Apc Mega Rally, Campus Square Lagos. Pictures. / FG Rejects Proposal To Repair Ports’ Scanners With N753m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.