Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,385 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine (9950 Views)

SIM Fine: MTN Pays N165bn Out Of N330bn – NCC / 10 Best Phones Under 50000 Naira In Nigeria (latest Price In January 2018) / Checkout Best Phones Under 40,000 Naira In August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by Priscy01(f): 5:18am On Mar 31, 2017
MTN has made a payment of 30 billion Naira ($98 million) to the Nigerian government in part settlement of a 330 billion naira fine imposed on the telecoms group for not disconnecting unregistered SIM cards.
According to Reuters reports, an MTN source revealed on Thursdayf that the Arica’s largest telecoms company has already paid 80 billion naira of the total amount owed.
The fine is due for payment in six instalments over three years.
MTN Nigeria was originally fined $5.2 billion last October for failing to deactivate more than five million unregistered SIM cards, but the fine was reduced in a settlement that paved the way for MTN to list its subsidiary on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

Nigeria has been cracking down on unregistered SIM cards, concerned that they are used for criminal activity in a country fighting an insurgency by Islamist militant group Boko Haram.

MTN, which operates in 20 countries, had set aside $600 million last year to pay the fine. ($1 = 305.45 naira)

Source: http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL5N1H76GR

1 Like

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by heritage2009(m): 5:25am On Mar 31, 2017
FTC. A NICE MOVE AGAINST MTN grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by MakeADifference: 5:33am On Mar 31, 2017
Next story
FG shares ABC billionon

Next Story
Breaking! EFCC traces XY billi to minister, governor's association

And in another story
FG: $X billion dollars refund. How we spent it.

And the Nigeria story continues

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 31, 2017
MakeADifference:
Next story FG shares ABC billionon

Next Story Breaking! EFCC traces XY billi to minister, governor's association

And in another story FG: $X billion dollars refund. How we spent it.

You are true Nigerian....

29 Likes

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by benuejosh: 6:51am On Mar 31, 2017
if it was one administration i knew, they won't have paid. It would have been "business as usual." Money exchange hand and case closed. But i now know of an administration, when they mean you, you pay to the last dime. Refusal to corporate and you find yourself suddenly developing white hair in a prison that i know.

12 Likes

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by Earth2Metahuman: 7:24am On Mar 31, 2017
They should pay it into my account.
Lemme help nigeria manage it or atleast make it a compensation for everything that yellow had done to me
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by ORACLE1975(m): 7:31am On Mar 31, 2017
bad story
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by Justuceleague2: 7:31am On Mar 31, 2017
Mo money
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by jejemanito: 7:31am On Mar 31, 2017
sad
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by awa(m): 7:32am On Mar 31, 2017
How many are we in Nigeria self.... APC and Buhari should just bring the 30 Billions let's share it because I don't trust the present administration.

Pls hit like if you are in support of the preposition.

20 Likes

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by LILGWANZ(m): 7:32am On Mar 31, 2017
SO these telecom operators dey make such money shocked
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by Moreoffaith(m): 7:32am On Mar 31, 2017
My 150 they deducted last week without explanation is part of the money oo cry

12 Likes

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by slimderek(m): 7:32am On Mar 31, 2017
Tale as old as time,
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by celestialAgent(m): 7:32am On Mar 31, 2017
F
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by Amipego: 7:33am On Mar 31, 2017
In the end, they'll tell you there's no money. Buhari's a f00l

2 Likes

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 31, 2017
Tati billion for my account

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by PenisCaP: 7:33am On Mar 31, 2017
Later the money will go down d drainage without seeing anything significant done with it.

Later our hypocrite president will come out n say "im fighting corruption"..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by Nollynude: 7:33am On Mar 31, 2017
benuejosh:
if it was one administration i knew, they won't have paid. It would have been "business as usual." Money exchange hand and case closed. But i now know of an administration, when they mean you, you pay to the last dime. Refusal to corporate and you find yourself suddenly developing white hair in a prison that i know.

What is this one saying undecided

8 Likes

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by Heromaniaa: 7:33am On Mar 31, 2017
That's what they've been using all the illegal money they have been withdrawing from my account to do. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Read my hilarious diary on the link below. If you don't laugh, send me your address, I'd send you PIZZA. THEMADMAN'SBLOG
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by hedonistic: 7:33am On Mar 31, 2017
Davido predict am.

30 billyon for the account eh...
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by ibkgab001: 7:34am On Mar 31, 2017
Siki Siki ma mii Owo wole de...

In Davido's voice 30 billion for the account OOO babyyyyyyyyyyuyuuuu

Aba kayari TGIF
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by Amipego: 7:34am On Mar 31, 2017
benuejosh:
U be mumu. Aswear

5 Likes

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by henrydadon(m): 7:34am On Mar 31, 2017
the question now is how is the money going to be spent

1 Like

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by henrydadon(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2017
MakeADifference:
Next story
FG shares ABC billionon

Next Story
Breaking! EFCC traces XY billi to minister, governor's association

And in another story
FG: $X billion dollars refund. How we spent it.

how can you forget " very big huge snake killed in my backward"

" flying bird turn to old woman after hitting nepa pole"

1 Like

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by xreal: 7:37am On Mar 31, 2017
No wonder my 100mb just dey disappear anyhow within 1 hour.

When I call customer care, they ask 'have you been using Watsapp in the last 1 hour?'

1 Like

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by awa(m): 7:39am On Mar 31, 2017
Amipego:

U be mumu. Aswear

Bros no be only Mumu problem but some people IQ naturally dey low which is not God's fault.

If we don't share the 30 billions individually, I don't believe this news

2 Likes

Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by jbhill(m): 7:39am On Mar 31, 2017
How many are we in this con3ry?
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by SFSNIPER(m): 7:43am On Mar 31, 2017
How much remain abeg?
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by sakalisis(m): 7:44am On Mar 31, 2017
Good
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by belovedbabs(m): 7:44am On Mar 31, 2017
awa:
How many are we in Nigeria self.... APC and Buhari should just bring the 30 Billions let's share it because I don't trust the present administration.

Pls hit like if you are in support of the preposition.

Preposition! Preposition!
No, I am only in support of the pronoun+
Re: MTN Pays 30 Billion Naira In Part Settlement Of Fg’s Fine by holluwai(m): 7:47am On Mar 31, 2017
30 Billie

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Call Conversation Be Retrieved From MTN / How Do I Deactivate Etisalat BIS? / Itel 1516plus Has The Slowest Charging Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.