Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,969 members, 7,810,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB (1124 Views)

Masterkraft Gets Invitation Letter From Illuminati / “dear Tekno, Respect Yourself” - Read This Open Letter To Tekno / Dear Tekno, Respect Yourself ” – Read This Open Letter To Tekno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by Obaofnaija(m): 7:05am On Mar 31, 2017
By: Terhemen Kwaghmande

Dear JAMB,Much as I’ll like to appreciate your efforts in making sure that Admission into Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria is done equitably, I will also not hesitate to be critical, should need arises. You can fool everyone if you like, you might have fooled me before, but you would never fool me again.
YOU RESTRICTED CYBER CAFÉS FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE 2017 JAMB UTME REGISTRATION EXERCISE.
Your reason is that: Cyber Cafes do exploit Candidates. Fine and good. But let me tell you,the only reason while you continue to pull the wool over our gullible eyes is because the Citizens rights’ protection agencies are either in the vegetative state, or completely dead.How can you explain a situation where you would tell 2 million Candidates to register their JAMB UTME 2017 and capture the necessary bio-metric, in only 600 centers across the Country in just 30 days, with such a cheap EXPLANATION? It beats my imagination and it defies not just logic, but also philosophy.
Since 20th March, 2017 your so called CBT accredited Centers plus the Jamb State Zonal offices which you claim are the only Registration Centers for Jamb 2017 have done absolutely nothing! They are rather accumulating Battalion of intending candidates. It may interest you to know that, some of your so called accredited centers that you deemed fit to handle 2 million Nigerians in 30 days have already started exploiting them! How can you explain the situation whereby;
1. Those registering candidates will come from nowhere and handpick from behind anybody they like (mostly relatives and Girlfriends) on a queue that is neatly formed? Isn’t that exploitation?
2. What of the situation whereby; anytime there is power failure those CBT boys will ask everybody to go home and come back the next day, knowing too well that most people have come from afar? Isn’t that exploitation?
3. I find difficult to understand why you separate Profile creation from Registration which to me are the same. But instead you compel candidates to pre-register their personal information on the Jamb portal, at their own expense and yet you dubiously place a CBT service Charge of N700. Isn’t that exploitation?
4. Your myopic and or dubious decision to compel candidates especially those in the rural areas to travel to CBT centers in order to Register for 2017 Jamb during this hardship is surely the specimen of exploitation. Isn’t it?
5. Let me remind you that, we are in the 21st Century, the internet has eliminated fares and queues even in the banks, through e-banking. I was expecting Jamb to introduce e-payment through web just as most institutions in Nigeria are doing. But what have you done? Instead your retrogressive process has only succeeded in taking us back as far as 19th Century. Isn’t that exploitation?
6. Your idea of depriving Cyber Cafés Business opportunity has done more harm than good to our economy especially now that we are experiencing economic recession. You instead selfishly and logically contracted CBT center owners to do the job for you. Isn’t that exploitation?
7. Now come to think of it, whoever is behind this gruesome decision; how would you feel in the midst of 3000 people at a time, on a queue, under this scorching sun. (just because Jamb selfishly limits candidate’s registration points or units). Isn’t that exploitation?
Sometimes I wonder if you were drunk when you were taking this gibberish decision. You probably must have done this for your own selfish interest, not for the reasons you first gave, which to me lacks merits, and its beyond ridicule. I have always respected Jamb because apart from being decisive in one’s Tertiary institutions admission process, to some extent, they do save candidates ass from some of those corrupt varsities. when President Buhari sacked the whole Jamb board and appointed a new one, I was very excited hoping that this new board will make things easy for Nigerians especially the registration process. I was dreaming of a process where one can register his/her jamb even in their bedroom. But instead they worsen the situation. What the hell? Don’t your Candidates mean anything to you? Doesn’t it bother you that Nigerians who are now in recession have to Travel far and wide at their own expense just to do the Jamb reg. that could have been done even in their homes? You claim to have protected the interest of candidates, if that is the case why didn’t you collect N2500 as reg. fee? You collected a whooping N5500 even now that every process in the Jamb circle is computerized, no printing cost, no luggage fee for moving jamb papers here and there, no marking allowance! But yet you fail to protect candidates in this regard. I really don’t blame you. If Nigerians had protested your devious, exploitative, heartless, opportunistic and fraudulent pronouncement, you wouldn’t be here making them queue desperately like migrants. What’s to say that there wouldn’t be another hilarious failure during the CBT exams like last year, since you guys obviously don’t know what you are doing? You deserve to be sued for every fraudulent Mistake you’ve ever made that has affected candidates scores and stampedes their admission pursuit. Your evil dream of making money from poor Nigerians every year will forever remain a demented hallucination. I will not tolerate your recklessness any longer. Please.

http://www.naijabazeline.com/2017/03/read-this-open-letter-from-utme.html

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by blessme2019(m): 7:09am On Mar 31, 2017
They should take lessons from organizers of TOEFL, GRE etc, whose registration for examination can be done even in the toilet.

1 Like

Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by MrRichy(m): 7:11am On Mar 31, 2017
naija sef... undecided
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by LarryBeryl(m): 7:14am On Mar 31, 2017
Vexing Jambite..... Its allowed.

The whole system was rigged to satisfy some specific set of people. Your are right but when things was changeable our fathers never cared.
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by Ashleydolls(f): 7:15am On Mar 31, 2017
Too long... Someone please summarize
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by chinybelle(f): 7:17am On Mar 31, 2017
Patience

It will get better
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by ybalogs(m): 7:24am On Mar 31, 2017
I still haven't seen anybody that has collected jamb form around me. You needed to see the stress they've gone through without success. They should just revert back to our old ways and look for a way to perfect their plans later.
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by ybalogs(m): 7:27am On Mar 31, 2017
The students wouldn't mind being exploited as things are now. Just scrap this new format jooor.
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by ZirdoRoray(m): 7:30am On Mar 31, 2017
Ashleydolls:
Too long... Someone please summarize

Learn to read. It is very helpful for your brain and mind. It also builds patience, now go back and read it. The more you read, the faster speed at which you can read increases. It took me 2mins to read the post and understand what the Jamb candidate wrote. Try it.

2 Likes

Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by Purpletee(f): 7:30am On Mar 31, 2017
#say no to jamb exploitation
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by ZirdoRoray(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2017
chinybelle:
Patience
It will get better
Yes, it will. Are you the one in your dp?
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by ZirdoRoray(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2017
chinybelle:
Patience
It will get better
Yes, it will. Are you the one in your dp?
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by Ashleydolls(f): 7:42am On Mar 31, 2017
ZirdoRoray:

Learn to read. It is very helpful for your brain and mind. It also builds patience, now go back and read it. The more you read, the faster speed at which you can read increases. It took me 2mins to read the post and understand what the Jamb candidate wrote. Try it.
Save the teaching for yourself and others bro. Good morning
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by adorablepepple(f): 7:44am On Mar 31, 2017
Well said, you write very well too.
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by utenwuson: 7:46am On Mar 31, 2017
from the look of things I can authoritatively tell almost everyone under Buhari. administration is re super dumb! I wonder why the senate haven't summon the useless clueless jamb registrar up to this moment! all the old men running this country re not in touch with realities n they will never leave us alone! I accompany my kid sis to register jamb n all I see was he'll n stress put together! God please scatter ds naija mk we start all over!
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by percyshelu(m): 7:47am On Mar 31, 2017
av been trying to get mine since last week, going to banks as early as 5am just to write down my name. luckily skye bank gave me my transaction slip saying i should login my email to copy my pin. frm tueaday till now, nothing show, i went to complain there, lo and behold, more than 400 jambite were there complaining about d same thing.

since then, come today, come tomorrow .na by force to write jamb self??
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by Vision4God: 7:48am On Mar 31, 2017
Lack of preparation is d cause of all ss.
Jamb una no ready
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by ZirdoRoray(m): 7:49am On Mar 31, 2017
Ashleydolls:
Save the teaching for yourself and others bro. Good morning

Though I practice what I preach, I understand that it is not compulsory you take my advice even if it is a good one. Good Morning.
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by IFAA(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2017
Scam in every sector.. Fucking biitch Professor Ishaq Oloyede stressing innocent nigerians and my little sis... Damnn you shit
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by sou1p1an0(m): 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
this guy is a good writer. its sad dat all these are happening and those who should hav a say are less concerned. corruption everywhere
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by flawlessjimmy(m): 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
Left to me, i would have jamb scrapped.. All what our so called leaders do is finding a way to feed their stomach.
Re: Read This Open Letter From A UTME Candidate To JAMB by integritylady(f): 9:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
blessme2019:
They should take lessons from organizers of TOEFL, GRE etc, whose registration for examination can be done even in the toilet.
you are so right
they need to learn from SAT, ACT and others

(1) (Reply)

Davido OBO Rock With His DMW Crew In A Private To Yola Adamawa State( Pic,video) / Tekno Family Member Ventures Into Music Too / DJ Cuppy Hypes Her Audience Wit Wizkid,drake,davido,tekno,sean Paul Songs(picvid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.