Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,317 members, 7,867,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

The Nigerian Bobsleigh Team Racing Towards History - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Nigerian Bobsleigh Team Racing Towards History (344 Views)

Celebrating Our Bobsleigh-skeleton Superheroes / Nigerian Women's Bobsleigh Team Become First African Team Qualify / The Nigerian Bobsleigh Team Racing Towards History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Bobsleigh Team Racing Towards History by Urukpe: 7:28am On Mar 31, 2017
Fighting freezing winds, bone-breaking speed and up to five g-force, the Nigerian women's bobsleigh team are training hard in western Canada.
Driver Seun Adigun and brakewomen Ngozi Onwumere and Akuoma Omeoga are all former professional track and field athletes.
Their practice times on the ice run are fast - and they are aiming for a historic first. No bobsleigh team from Nigeria or any country in Africa has competed at the Olympics.
The team's dream is on the verge of coming true. The Nigerian bobsleigh team only needs to complete three more competitions to qualify for the 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_zgLjbfIbQ

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39436437

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Bobsleigh Team Racing Towards History by Urukpe: 7:29am On Mar 31, 2017

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Bobsleigh Team Racing Towards History by oloriooko(m): 8:07am On Mar 31, 2017
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!
These ladies are just too much !
Doing this all on their own and getting support from people all around the world is highly commendable.
I wish them the best paradventure they fail to qualify which I think will not happen, I personally remain highly proud of their patriotism and brave attitude.
Re: The Nigerian Bobsleigh Team Racing Towards History by Urukpe: 8:24am On Mar 31, 2017
oloriooko:
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!
These ladies are just too much !
Doing this all on their own and getting support from people all around the world is highly commendable.
I wish them the best paradventure they fail to qualify which I think will not happen, I personally remain highly proud of their patriotism and brave attitude.

I pray they qualify

(1) (Reply)

The Forward Medium / Lagos State Governor Receives Queens Baton Relay / Wednesday English Premier League, La Liga And Bundesliga Roundups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.