Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) (30109 Views)

Female Welder, Lesley Faith Celebrates Her Birthday With Beautiful Photos / Oluwatobi Al-Bakare Becomes Second Lieutenant Of US Army, Husband Celebrates Her / Beautiful Gallant Police Officer Trends On Facebook With Birthday Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by stephenduru: 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
The Governor of Ondo state, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu and his wife, Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu, celebrated with an icon, Chief Olufolake Solanke, the first female SAN in Nigeria, on her 85th birthday.

Chief Olufolake Solanke became the first female lawyer to be conferred with Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) in March 1981.

Chief Solanke who was born in Abeokuta on 29th March 1932, is a female trailblazer, who has broken glass ceilings, and has many numerous achievements including the National honour of the Commander of the Order of Niger. In 1972, Solanke was appointed the first Commissioner of Western State and chairperson of the Western Nigeria Television Broadcasting Corporation (WNTBC).

On the international scene, Chief Folake Solanke became a source of pride for Nigerian woman and Africans as a whole when on July 21st 1994 she became the 42nd president of Zonta International, an organization that focus primarily on advancing the status of women, the first non – Caucasian to be elected to hold the position since the organisation was founded in 1919.

Chief Folake Solanke has broken gender barriers to become a role model, making positive impact in our society. Join us in celebrating Chief Folake Solanke, SAN, OON, CON at 85.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/03/first-female-san-in-nigeriachief.html?m=1

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by stephenduru: 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2017

1 Like

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by Epositive(m): 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
you are living a fulfilled life grandma cool
happy birthday to you ..

feminists, keep off! undecided

6 Likes

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by Ashleydolls(f): 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
Happy birthday to an Icon and great woman.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by firstclassmumu: 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
Happy belated
birthday
Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by Alisegun(m): 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2017
Happy born day

1 Like

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by BruzMoney(m): 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2017
hbd

2 Likes

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by charleff512(m): 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
No be woman be this?

Gone are those days when women had morals and goals and pursued their dreams with vigours!
Our future mothers are now chewing gum babes and pests!

Happy Birthday Ma!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by Pauls0n(m): 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
Happy Birthday

2 Likes

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by fasdtrak: 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
firstclassmumu:
Happy belated
birthday

1 Like

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Cool I'm right behind you

1 Like

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by obembet(f): 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
I won't fail my children.... Noooooooooo

7 Likes

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by ipodstinks: 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Why afonjas always be the first in everything?. I too love this ppl. Some ppl won't love this.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by Ayoswit(f): 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
Happy birthday ma

2 Likes

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by ObikeNkem: 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
Before opening the thread I already knew it was going to be a Yoruba woman. As an Igbo man, I must confess that when it comes to success stories, the Yoruba's are pacesetters, but when it concerns crime and other evil vices, we Igbos take the lead.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by TenPassfour(m): 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
HBD ma,
I love my country will keep producing best brain around the world in any field.
#Keepthechange SAN

2 Likes

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by MrGreenMavro: 2:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
grin
Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by hucienda: 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
Happy 85th Ma'am.

God continue to bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by AkinPhysicist: 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
cool
Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by AkinPhysicist: 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
k
Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by juman(m): 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
obembet:
I won't fail my children.... Noooooooooo

But if nigerian system fails you nkọ?
Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
Great woman

1 Like

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by joenor(m): 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
HBD Ma.

1 Like

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by Kunlesina: 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
Congrats" lady SAN". "Yeye Amofin of Yoruba land" your book so much inspired me.

3 Likes

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by fergie001: 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
ObikeNkem:
Before opening the thread I already knew it was going to be a Yoruba woman. As an Igbo man, I must confess that when it comes to success stories, the Yoruba's are pacesetters, but when it concerns crime and other evil vices, we Igbos take the lead.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by phynofino: 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
ObikeNkem:
You are not Igbo, Ibu ezigbo onye ara

8 Likes

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
charleff512:
No be woman be this?

Gone are those days when women had morals and goals and pursued their dreams with vigours!
Our future mothers are now chewing gum babes and pests!

Happy Birthday Ma!
Looool I know right! Gone are those days when men actually fought for their rights! Talking about the likes of Fela and Mandela. Now our useless future fathers are just whining around complaining about this and that!

Happy Birthday ma!

4 Likes

Re: Olufolake Solanke Celebrates Her 85th Birthday (Photos) by oviejnr(m): 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
NwaMary1:

you are a bloody liar.
you wish you were Igbo.
onuku odeku.
shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria. / Inspiring Story Of A Disabled Lady Who Rose To Prominence. / Having Masters Vs Having Professional Certifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.