Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Poland People - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Poland People (7272 Views)

Advice On Study In Poland / Any Nairalanders In Poland.please Sign In / Any Nigerian Living In Poland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Poland People by angelo5uk(m): 10:23am On Dec 25, 2009
I will be travelling to Poland next year being 2010 to study at Warsaw University of Technology.
But right now i dont even have any idea of how life in Poland is like,
My mom only promised me my first years school fees and after that im on my own meaning i will have to study and work to cater for my tuition fee and other additional expecses thats why i want to be very sure poland is the right place for me,
Can i get a job while i study,
someone told me i can get a job as an english teacher or something like that.

PLZ i need facts as in i mean someone that has a personal experience in poland not just anybody that talks based on rumors or what someone told him or her. i need someone in poland thats studying.
il be very grateful in this regard

Franklin
Re: Poland People by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2009
One of my best mates here in the UK is Polish.

Generally, Poles are easy to get on with - they can be very blunt too.

One thing to note though - they hate moslems with a passion, the skinhead Poles have been known to kill or severely maim known moslems, a lot of moslems in Poland are pretty covert in their faith as a result.

1 Like

Re: Poland People by skfa1: 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2009
Siena:

One of my best mates here in the UK is Polish.

Generally, Poles are easy to get on with - they can be very blunt too.

One thing to note though - they hate moslems with a passion, the skinhead Poles have been known to kill or severely maim known moslems, a lot of moslems in Poland are pretty covert in their faith as a result.

U are right , polish are friendly. I have never been to poland before but with my little experience i have about them in the UK, they are always friendly and not that racist. I once met a polish girl for the first time through a friend of mine(girl), trust me this girl is very friendly, it looks like i have known her for ages. What amaze me the most is that, one day we went to a house party of a friend of mine, after the party this polish girl just picked the sweeping stick or what is it called and started cleaning, she make sure that my friend house was ok before she left.

Well those polish are ok, they treat others with respect because they have culture just like Nigeria. It is also easy to relate with them, they will not look at you somehow. Even those of them that dont know how to speak English will still try to relate with you by demonstrating making use of their hands. But when they are angry, it is always bad.

I'm not sure if u will be able to work while studying, anyone who knows should help.

cheers
Re: Poland People by angelo5uk(m): 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2009
thanks for the tips guys.
still need more info before making up my mind
Re: Poland People by NordicRace: 1:28pm On Dec 25, 2009
Can you speak polish ?

You do know that its costs tens of thousands of pounds to be a student anywhere in europe. you cannot pay for it through a part time job. ?
Re: Poland People by july123(m): 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2009
"WHO NEVER GO NOR NO HOW FAR", u just sit down at home not knowing whts happening outside your land,yet u conderm person wen won try enter Poland and the country itself, i study in warsaw Poland(2 yr MBA,which is the cheapest you can get anywhere),am currently in my final semester, and if given a second chance to choose   btw Poland and Uk visa which would i choose?, i"ll stick to Poland visa yet again, i did post a blog last may about "AMERICAN VISA ATLAST'!, (pls go thr/google nairaland search engine and read through)Yeah, it was thru dis Poland i got that US J1 visa(work visa) plus social security card come number and work experince certificate, For Life!, about 8 nigerians in my school now have 2 yrs invitation visa to Usa and Funke just won American lottery thru this Poland( Polish citizens are not allowed to apply so your chances of getting it from here is quite hihg) , The funny thing is,my interview didnot last more than 5minutes ,

My friends Akp, Afolabi, Dare, Samali et atall are all married(within just 8months of coming to dis country), Poland is one of very few countries in Europe were you can easily get your documents(Permanent stay), the Population here is about 4 to 1(for every one man,u have four single ladies), Somany women looking for husbands, I still have some Nigerians coming from Italy,Austra and German  to look for ladies here, Just last month,i met a nigerian from Kaduna with his girlfriend(whity) from Check republic, coming to Poland to look for solution,

Well wht am trying to say is that yes they dont speak english here but i dey survive, the country maybe poor but if u get a job here,its ok to cover your expenses,they the Polish  pple are eager to learn english,and are willing to pay u good money to teach them besides Poland has very good relationship with Usa, Canada(visa free) and Australia, which means if you live in Poland as a student,u can easily gain access to these countries.I plan to work in Canada nxt summer, (and also to go for a second masters degree in Clark university,an american university where by u get to finish your studies in America for just 3500 dollars), and one or two semesters in Poland,depending on you

In addition, polish visa(shengen visa)  allows me access to 22 countries in Europe which means i can even work in Norway,Denmark or Luxemburg( nations with extremly high percapital income), i hv seen Spain( fuen labrda madrid), and Germany with my temporary resident card,and i wish to start shipping goods from Germany to n9ja once am done with my programme whilst doing my second masters on a light scale,

Well as at last year April 2008,when we(8 or us), went to apply for visa in Abuja,7 of us got it,i must say we were lucky,i wonder why its getting so dificult, moreso,of all the international students in my school,its mailny nigerians that dont run away,most of the guys from Nepal,bangladish, india have all stopped school and gone to Norway to hussle( but dem dey mk serious money sha untop d menial  jobs dey do), why the Tunisian contingent hv all dissapeared to France,

So fellas, information is Power,

3 Likes

Re: Poland People by NordicRace: 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2009
the Population here is about 4 to 1(for every one man,u have four single ladies),

The poplution ratio of poland is 2.1 men to 2.0 women, you are lying out your teeth.
Re: Poland People by symbian03(m): 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2009
Shurup and respect what others has 2 say even if it ain't true.
Re: Poland People by angelo5uk(m): 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2009
PLZ I DIDNT OPEN THIS TOPIC FOR ARGUEMENTS
I ONLY ASKED FOR ADVICE AND U GUYS HAVE TURNED IT INTO A BATTLE GROUND TO ABUSE EACHOTHER.
PLEASE ANY MATURE PERSON IN THE HOUSE THAT KNOWS WELL ABOUT POLAND SHOULD KINDLY ADVICE ME ON HOW TO COPE IN WARSAW AS A STUDENT.
THANKS
Re: Poland People by bigfather(m): 12:08am On Dec 26, 2009
angelo5uk:

PLZ I DIDNT OPEN THIS TOPIC FOR ARGUEMENTS
I ONLY ASKED FOR ADVICE AND U GUYS HAVE TURNED IT INTO A BATTLE GROUND TO ABUSE EACHOTHER.
PLEASE ANY MATURE PERSON IN THE HOUSE THAT KNOWS WELL ABOUT POLAND SHOULD KINDLY ADVICE ME ON HOW TO COPE IN WARSAW AS A STUDENT.
THANKS

GBAM ! Tell trhem o'jare !

july123:

"WHO NEVER GO NOR NO HOW FAR", u just sit down at home not knowing whts happening outside your land,yet u conderm person wen won try enter Poland and the country itself, i study in warsaw Poland(2 yr MBA,which is the cheapest you can get anywhere),am currently in my final semester, and if given a second chance to choose btw Poland and Uk visa which would i choose?, i"ll stick to Poland visa yet again, i did post a blog last may about "AMERICAN VISA ATLAST'!, (pls go thr/google nairaland search engine and read through)Yeah, it was thru dis Poland i got that US J1 visa(work visa) plus social security card come number and work experince certificate, For Life!, about 8 nigerians in my school now have 2 yrs invitation visa to Usa and Funke just won American lottery thru this Poland( Polish citizens are not allowed to apply so your chances of getting it from here is quite hihg) , The funny thing is,my interview didnot last more than 5minutes ,

My friends Akp, Afolabi, Dare, Samali et atall are all married(within just 8months of coming to dis country), Poland is one of very few countries in Europe were you can easily get your documents(Permanent stay), the Population here is about 4 to 1(for every one man,u have four single ladies), Somany women looking for husbands, I still have some Nigerians coming from Italy,Austra and German to look for ladies here, Just last month,i met a nigerian from Kaduna with his girlfriend(whity) from Check republic, coming to Poland to look for solution,

Well wht am trying to say is that yes they dont speak english here but i dey survive, the country maybe poor but if u get a job here,its ok to cover your expenses,they the Polish pple are eager to learn english,and are willing to pay u good money to teach them besides Poland has very good relationship with Usa, Canada(visa free) and Australia, which means if you live in Poland as a student,u can easily gain access to these countries.I plan to work in Canada nxt summer, (and also to go for a second masters degree in Clark university,an american university where by u get to finish your studies in America for just 3500 dollars), and one or two semesters in Poland,depending on you

In addition, polish visa(shengen visa) allows me access to 22 countries in Europe which means i can even work in Norway,Denmark or Luxemburg( nations with extremly high percapital income), i hv seen Spain( fuen labrda madrid), and Germany with my temporary resident card,and i wish to start shipping goods from Germany to n9ja once am done with my programme whilst doing my second masters on a light scale,

Well as at last year April 2008,when we(8 or us), went to apply for visa in Abuja,7 of us got it,i must say we were lucky,i wonder why its getting so dificult, moreso,of all the international students in my school,its mailny nigerians that dont run away,most of the guys from Nepal,bangladish, india have all stopped school and gone to Norway to hussle( but dem dey mk serious money sha untop d menial jobs dey do), why the Tunisian contingent hv all dissapeared to France,

Hmmmm, sounds intresting, i fit come there for holiday o !
hadexman:

And who ask you? What is your business you white dic**k head It's high time you stop this your bloody racism on this thread.
Haba ! I didn't see any form of racisim here o !
Re: Poland People by iyapony(m): 12:53am On Dec 26, 2009
there are many polish people in new york city, and i think they are very cultured people. they are deeply religious catholics, so watch your tongue when talking religion to them. grin

1 Like

Re: Poland People by angelo5uk(m): 6:14am On Dec 26, 2009
Oh it seems the place is ok.
what about getting a job as a student to cater for my tuition fees and other expences.
do u guys think i can get a job at warsaw
Re: Poland People by hadexman(m): 9:11am On Dec 26, 2009
big father:

GBAM ! Tell trhem o'jare !

Hmmmm, sounds intresting, i fit come there for holiday o ! Haba ! I didn't see any form of racisim here o !

Go and see his previous post
Re: Poland People by steveomni(m): 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2009
fraudulent post
Re: Poland People by NordicRace: 10:34pm On Dec 27, 2009
Meeting polish people outside poland is different than going to poland. The polish do not want black people flooding into their country. You will find yourself unwelcome there.
Re: Poland People by Angeleyz(f): 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2009
NordicRace:

Meeting polish people outside poland is different than going to poland. The polish do not want black people flooding into their country. You will find yourself unwelcome there.

same can be said for any country being over flooded by migrants. Nothing wrong with vivsiting on holiday, go spend you money enjoying yourself and laugh inside as you watch waitresses bum lick to get a tip after your dinner
Re: Poland People by iyapony(m): 7:43am On Dec 28, 2009

@ NordicRace

i have met some very kind polish people in my life, and i have a hard time believing this. if this is true, then i wish for a day when people would stop judging others based on their external qualities, and focus more on whats inside of them. in my opinion, this kind of thinking will only further divide humanity when we should be coming together.

1 Like

Re: Poland People by justwise(m): 9:57am On Dec 28, 2009
NordicRace:

Speak for urself, ur dark-minded views are not respected here. Yes u don't like black pple. Get over urself
Re: Poland People by NordicRace: 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2009
i have met some very kind polish people in my life, and i have a hard time believing this. if this is true, then i wish for a day when people would stop judging others based on their external qualities, and focus more on whats inside of them. in my opinion, this kind of thinking will only further divide humanity when we should be coming together. 

I judge Black people on the amount of crimes they commit, murder despoil, drug dealing, violence etc etc. I judge Black people on the minimal amount of contribution to mankinde they give. I judge them by the way they turn parts of britain into third world swamps. I judge them on their unemployment and welfare recipient rate.

1 Like

Re: Poland People by hadexman(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2009
NordicRace:

I judge Black people on the amount of crimes they commit, murder despoil, drug dealing, violence etc etc. I judge Black people on the minimal amount of contribution to mankinde they give. I judge them by the way they turn parts of britain into third world swamps. I judge them on their unemployment and welfare recipient rate.

You are a fool, white as the highest crime rate in drug dealing and human trafficking. They is corruption among both parties, so who are you to judge?

1 Like

Re: Poland People by angelo5uk(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2009
JEEZE, IM LEAVING THIS PLACE FOR YOU FOOLS, ONLY WANTED TO GET INFO BUT YOU TURNED IT TO BE A BATTLE GROUND,
justwise
[quote author=NordicRace:

NORDIC RACE, YOU MUST THE BIGGEST slowpoke IN GODS CREATION TO THINK BLACK IS NEGATIVE, AFTERALL WHITES HAVE RECORDS OF BEING SERIAL KILLERS

2 Likes

Re: Poland People by hadexman(m): 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2009
angelo5uk:

JEEZE, IM LEAVING THIS PLACE FOR YOU FOOLS, ONLY WANTED TO GET INFO BUT YOU TURNED IT TO BE A BATTLE GROUND, NORDIC RACE, YOU MUST THE BIGGEST slowpoke IN GODS CREATION TO THINK BLACK IS NEGATIVE, AFTERALL WHITES HAVE RECORDS OF BEING SERIAL KILLERS

What do you mean you fools? Will you reverse your word?
Re: Poland People by justwise(m): 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2009
NordicRace:

And the good news is that u will die judging them, u can only hide behind keyboard, come out open and express your view if u are man enough.

Have a look around and see how many black men and women making a difference, many black sport men and women here in the uk and America are black even in music industry. Lewis Hamilton, Tiger wood, William sisters, Usain bolt, rio ferdinand, Ben Johnson, Beyonce. . . the list go on. Its obvious that u know absolutely nothing abt life apart hating blacks
Re: Poland People by rawe45: 4:43am On Dec 29, 2009
july123:

"WHO NEVER GO NOR NO HOW FAR", u just sit down at home not knowing whts happening outside your land,yet u conderm person wen won try enter Poland and the country itself, i study in warsaw Poland(2 yr MBA,which is the cheapest you can get anywhere),am currently in my final semester, and if given a second chance to choose   btw Poland and Uk visa which would i choose?, i"ll stick to Poland visa yet again, i did post a blog last may about "AMERICAN VISA ATLAST'!, (pls go thr/google nairaland search engine and read through)Yeah, it was thru dis Poland i got that US J1 visa(work visa) plus social security card come number and work experince certificate, For Life!, about 8 nigerians in my school now have 2 yrs invitation visa to Usa and Funke just won American lottery thru this Poland( Polish citizens are not allowed to apply so your chances of getting it from here is quite hihg) , The funny thing is,my interview didnot last more than 5minutes ,

My friends Akp, Afolabi, Dare, Samali et atall are all married(within just 8months of coming to dis country), Poland is one of very few countries in Europe were you can easily get your documents(Permanent stay), the Population here is about 4 to 1(for every one man,u have four single ladies), Somany women looking for husbands, I still have some Nigerians coming from Italy,Austra and German  to look for ladies here, Just last month,i met a nigerian from Kaduna with his girlfriend(whity) from Check republic, coming to Poland to look for solution,

Well wht am trying to say is that yes they dont speak english here but i dey survive, the country maybe poor but if u get a job here,its ok to cover your expenses,they the Polish  pple are eager to learn english,and are willing to pay u good money to teach them besides Poland has very good relationship with Usa, Canada(visa free) and Australia, which means if you live in Poland as a student,u can easily gain access to these countries.I plan to work in Canada nxt summer, (and also to go for a second masters degree in Clark university,an american university where by u get to finish your studies in America for just 3500 dollars), and one or two semesters in Poland,depending on you

In addition, polish visa(shengen visa)  allows me access to 22 countries in Europe which means i can even work in Norway,Denmark or Luxemburg( nations with extremly high percapital income), i hv seen Spain( fuen labrda madrid), and Germany with my temporary resident card,and i wish to start shipping goods from Germany to n9ja once am done with my programme whilst doing my second masters on a light scale,

Well as at last year April 2008,when we(8 or us), went to apply for visa in Abuja,7 of us got it,i must say we were lucky,i wonder why its getting so dificult, moreso,of all the international students in my school,its mailny nigerians that dont run away,most of the guys from Nepal,bangladish, india have all stopped school and gone to Norway to hussle( but dem dey mk serious money sha untop d menial  jobs dey do), why the Tunisian contingent hv all dissapeared to France,

Does the Polish Embassy have an accessible website pls??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poland People by Angeleyz(f): 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2009
ignore nordic race , trust me
Re: Poland People by DisGuy: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2009
Polish people outside poland especially UK are nice hard working friendly people

they work hard and love their Vodka!!

I cant say the same for poles in poland though, according to my friend they are not very accommodating

You should be trying to get information from nigerians and africans living there for first hand information
Re: Poland People by mikkyangel(m): 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2009
angelo5
Exactly when are you coming to Poland? i did the original post that JULY123, copied and pasted,, "WHO NEVER GO NOR NO HOW FAR", Have you gotten the visa,abi na just admission you get?, University of Warsaw,is about the best university in Warsaw,but pretty turf, As per jobs,its 50- 50, u will get a job if you are determined,

I live in warsaw Poland and Polish pple are nice pple,

1 Like

Re: Poland People by blackspade(m): 6:28am On Dec 30, 2009
NordicRace:

Why don't you just fukk off back to stormfront and leave the judging to people who have actually done something with their lives??

(1)

Dana Air Bags Airline Of The Year 2017, Wins Crew King And Queen Of Air Contest / Lagos ₦800 Transport Levy Scheme Fails To Kick Off On February 1 / Amazing!! Sand Sculpture At Copacabana Beach In Rio De Janeiro. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.