Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile (3416 Views)

Photos From Tecno Spark 3 Unveiling In Lagos / Photo Of Galaxy S10 Series With Side Fingerprint Scanner / World Class Innovation From Infinix. Still Amazed!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by Mercury01: 5:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
Fingerprint technology is now becoming a regular feature in new devices.. Part of the reason is because of the speed and the selfie taking functionality it performs..

But imagine alittle twist to the story... Changing of the position of the sensor!
Yes... Not on the home button like Samsung or iPhone, not on the back like infinix and other versions of Tecno... But somewhere much more convinient for a large device... On the side!

This is a very smart thinking by the manufacturers... Using the front or back fingerprint sensor on a large device like the Phonepad 3 would pose a bit of a problem so they moved it to the side!

CONVENIENCE
With the new position, you don't have to consciously unlock your phone unlike the home button sensor and back sensor... You unlock your device effortlessly... Just by holding it!

SPEED
it takes 0.2 secs (0.1 secs slower than the back sensor) to unlock or take a selfie with the side fingerprint sensor. But the difference is actually irrelevant, not quite noticeable

ADDED FUNCTIONALITY
Not only can you lock your device and take selfies with the sensor, you can also scroll up and down a page with it... This enhances one hand functionality, which is a big plus, considering the size of the device!

The PHONEPAD 3 is indeed the device to get...

1 Like

Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by Kurupt01: 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
You don't have to lie to proof a point. Tecno are even late in the game. Many other OEMs have smartphones with side FP scanners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by UncutSk(m): 6:33pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by daphid25(m): 6:52pm On Apr 05, 2017
If only i can get this phone as a birthday gift
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by acenazt: 11:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
Op. Just so u know HTC,SONY XPERIA AND CO HAD THE SIDE FPS B4 TECNO EVER DREAMT OF PUTTING FPS ON ANY OF THEIR PHONES
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by proffnico(m): 12:08am On Apr 06, 2017
Una dey thief other people's ideas Una still dey form boss... walahi diaris Godu o.
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by directonpc(m): 12:15am On Apr 06, 2017
Una don finish to buy/order the Cx? Tecno this, tecno that.

1 Like

Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by omoalajah(m): 12:57am On Apr 06, 2017
I like this!
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by missslimzy(f): 1:08am On Apr 06, 2017
This is innovation
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by iliyande(m): 6:16am On Apr 06, 2017
Friedyokes:
Sony z5 (release :2 sept 2015) Honor 7i( august 2015) etc have this technology so it is less innovation and more implementation of an existing idea

Don't mind him, what of vernee mas that is in the market since last year?
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by donhils: 6:54am On Apr 06, 2017
Friedyokes:
Sony z5 (release :2 sept 2015) Honor 7i( august 2015) etc have this technology so it is less innovation and more implementation of an existing idea
Don't waste your time trying to explain things to someone that all he knows about phone is Tecno, itel and Infinix.

2 Likes

Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by Tallesty1(m): 6:54am On Apr 06, 2017
You Tecno and Infinix users are always two years behind. Side mounted finger print scanner was introduced way back in 2015 smartphones.

SEE THE FIRST FIVE SMARTPHONES TO USE IT

http://www.phonearena.com/news/5-phones-with-fingerprint-scanners-on-the-side_id73484

Ulefone mounted it on their Ulefone future launched in January 2016

http://ulefone.com/products/future/spec.html

So how exactly is Tecno's idea?

Same way I saw some people celebrating finger print scanner on Infinix, something that I have been using on my phone since 2015.

You guys are the reason these manufacturers don't give us the latest tech.

2 Likes

Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 06, 2017
Tallesty1:
You Tecno and Infinix users are always two years behind. Side mounted finger print scanner was introduced way back in 2015 smartphones.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/5-phones-with-fingerprint-scanners-on-the-side_id73484

Same way I saw some people celebrating finger print scanner on Infinix, something that I have been using on my phone since 2015.

TECNO may not have started this, but this is the first product in Nigeria with a side fingerprint sensor
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by kogbaski99: 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
Kurupt01:
You don't have to lie to proof a point. Tecno are even late in the game. Many other OEMs have smartphones with side FP scanners.

Nawa for you oh. This is just an honest discussion. As for me I love the PhonePad 3

1 Like

Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by Kaykerry(m): 11:07am On Apr 08, 2017
Kurupt01:
First, how many OEM phones do you know...then how many of them are dominant in Nigeria? The phonepad 3 side fingerprint also has added functionalities...That is definitely new!
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by Kurupt01: 1:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
Kaykerry:

First, how many OEM phones do you know...then how many of them are dominant in Nigeria? The phonepad 3 side fingerprint also has added functionalities...That is definitely new!

kogbaski99:

Nawa for you oh. This is just an honest discussion. As for me I love the PhonePad 3

The manner in which you both attacked me is ridiculous I must say. My response was based on the topic of the thread which stated that Side Fingerprint scanner is another "innovation" of Tecno Mobile which clearly is a huge lie if we're been honest.

As for asking me how many OEMs I know, dude I'll regard that as a rtherocial question.
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by pwetie: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
Innovation" I laugh!, Crap post!. Must you lie to make a review!. Nigerians be celebrating mediocrity!. Side mounted fingerprint has been there years ago, Xperia is an example. For the phone geeks who no oems and socs! can testify to this. All the infinix nd teknophiles keep celebrating ur mediocrity!.

1 Like

Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by Ehimzy(m): 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2017
This is one of the most stupid posts this year.. innovation my foot! You call techno innovators but what exactly do they innovate?? Chipset.. from MTK(which is crap compared to Qualcomm,exynos and even kirin), IPS screens from lg/Sony(the average panels, cos performing legibility benchmarks exposes such). can't even source it from bosses like sharp's IGZO.. Camera sensors from Sony(the useless ones like the imx 155 and imx213.. )ram and ROM from Samsung and the likes.. (2017 and they're still stuck on lpddr3 ram..) only phone they ever gave a firmware update was the c8.. and even that came with a whole lotta bugs.. Chai.. and yet their inept fanboys will come out and diss the same companies tecno gets virtually everything it uses to produce its smartphones from... The next thing they'll sing is hiOS.. an unrefined and hicuppy OS... Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by investigator007: 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ehimzy:
This is one of the most stupid posts this year.. innovation my foot! You call techno innovators but what exactly do they innovate?? Chipset.. from MTK(which is crap compared to Qualcomm,exynos and even kirin), IPS screens from lg/Sony(the average panels, cos performing legibility benchmarks exposes such). can't even source it from bosses like sharp's IGZO.. Camera sensors from Sony(the useless ones like the imx 155 and imx213.. )ram and ROM from Samsung and the likes.. (2017 and they're still stuck on lpddr3 ram..) only phone they ever gave a firmware update was the c8.. and even that came with a whole lotta bugs.. Chai.. and yet their inept fanboys will come out and diss the same companies tecno gets virtually everything it uses to produce its smartphones from... The next thing they'll sing is hiOS.. an unrefined and hicuppy OS... Nonsense

This is hate talk. Tecno is good
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by dukeokafor(m): 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ehimzy:

Jesus Christ.... shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by Oyindebrah(f): 3:26am On Apr 10, 2017
Tallesty1:

sorry but can you afford the latest tech?
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by Oyindebrah(f): 3:30am On Apr 10, 2017
Skateboard:

TECNO may not have started this, but this is the first product in Nigeria with a side fingerprint sensor
wait are you being serious?
Re: Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile by Kaykerry(m): 5:34am On Apr 10, 2017
Kurupt01:

The manner in which you both attacked me is ridiculous I must say. My response was based on the topic of the thread which stated that Side Fingerprint scanner is another "innovation" of Tecno Mobile which clearly is a huge lie if we're been honest.

As for asking me how many OEMs I know, dude I'll regard that as a rtherocial question.

When the threat wrote another innovation, it doesnt mean its exclusive to Tecno mobile...it means its a new branch or concept Tecno decided to try out

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify A Fake Memory/sd Card / How To Activate Super Fast 4G LTE Internet Connection On All Network. / Next Iphone Come With Triple Camera With 3D Sensor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.