Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

About Mental Health And Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / About Mental Health And Depression (353 Views)

Female Photographer MuneneJacob Talks About Mental Health/Suicide Through Photos / 6 Friends Help Their Friend Overcome Depression (Photos) / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

About Mental Health And Depression by IkembaCMD(m): 5:35pm On Mar 31, 2017
OF MENTAL HEALTH AND DEPRESSION

Depression is a bully. It has rendered giant minds incapacitated, paralysed and more or less defunct.
Depression infects the emotions with autolytic thoughts. Its sole aim is to shut all doors to anything that has to do with hope or faith or optimism.

Depression creates a maniacal fear from things that do not exist. It is a multifactorial entity that feeds on lies and nihilistic illusions. It deviates the compass of the faculties to the most extremes of alternatives.

People who fall prey to the pangs of suicidal thoughts have this psychopathogenic and illusive belief that they are bothering the peace and well-being of those around them, just by being alive.

My inchoate experience as an involved observer has shown that Mental Health is something that everyone of us should take very serious.
The frequent occurrence of domestic violence, individual abuses and sociopathic behaviours are point-markers to the darkened depths of mental health issues.

Statistically, 1 in 4 Nigerians possess a strong likelihood of having mental issues ranging from minor schizoaffective disorders to full-blown psychosis and mania.

Without any scintilla of doubt, i am confident in my supposition that mental health is not something we should look at with stigmatizing eyes or adjudge by scornful countenances; it is rather something that we should be aware and observant of.

The current trends of events surfacing on the mass media should trigger and quicken us all to take corrective steps. Life is too short to make it shorter.
Although there is the place of nemetic and remorseful thoughts, i mean there is a place for the resultant effects of shady deals and compunctive feelings of carnal acts, Suicide is an unethical way forward. Theoretically, the unorthodox methods applied in executing Self-destruction are excruciatingly painful.
The immediate family and relations are left in utter disbelief and sorrowful bewilderment.

If you are having malevolent, antisocial, irrational and suicidal thoughts, seek help. The mind is not immune from sickness, it is as vulnerable as the naked flesh. If you know and feel you need a psychiatric attention, Go get it.
Let people talk and make assumptions. People would always talk. You are you and it is your well-being. Take good care of your health. The World is for the outspoken!.

Last but not the least, Pray, Speak to God... He doesn't get bored!.

© Pat Ashinze,
Ilorin, Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Painful Menstruation? / Shocking Reasons Why You're Losing Your Hair / Bladder Infection!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.