Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

What Is Mental Health? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is Mental Health? (512 Views)

What Is Mental Illness, The Signs, And What You Can Do About It? / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Mental Health? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
Mental Health is as important as our Physical Health.

Being mentally healthy doesn’t just mean that you don’t have a mental health problem.

If you’re in good mental health, you can:
◾make the most of your potential
◾cope with life
◾play a full part in your family, workplace, community and among friends.

Some people call mental health ‘emotional health’ or ‘well-being’ and it’s just as important as good physical health.

Mental health is everyone’s business. We all have times when we feel down or stressed or frightened. Most of the time those feelings pass. But simetimes they develop into a more serious problem and that could happen to any one of us.

Everyone is different. You may bounce back from a setback while someone else may feel weighed down by it for a long time.

Your mental health doesn’t always stay the same. It can change as circumstances change and as you move through different stages of your life.

There’s a stigma attached to mental health problems. This means that people feel uncomfortable about them and don’t talk about them much. Many people don’t even feel comfortable talking about their feelings. But it’s healthy to know and say how you’re feeling.

Source: PsychNG http://www.psychng.com/2017/03/what-is-mental-health/
Re: What Is Mental Health? by brucewayne26: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2021
Thanks for the information.
Re: What Is Mental Health? by ChloeKerr: 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2021
Mental health is so, so important. I agree with you 100%. I have been suffering from borderline personality disorder ever since I was a child, and I haven't diagnosed it until a few years ago. It has been very hard on me, my family, and my friends since everyone thought I was just weird or very temperamental. When I finally found an article about the signs of bpd online and realized I had all of them, I decided to go to a doctor. My life has changed ever since. I work with my psychiatrist and therapist very often to minimize feelings like depression and anxiety.
Re: What Is Mental Health? by isaacosa(m): 4:54am On Jan 10, 2023
Quite a number of people have issues with mental health but don't even know because there is little or no sensitisation on the signs and how they can get help.

(1) (Reply)

7 Habits That Change Your Mental Health / Staphylococcus Aureus Is A Dangerous Infection, Put An End To It Now. / Your Opinion- Is Abortion Acceptable In This Case?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.