Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: (5234 Views)

Policeman Inside Gutter As IPOB And Police Clash In Anambra (Photos) / Police Announce New Measures To Reform SARS / Ipob And Passengers Drag And Beat A Driver To Coma In Asaba For Hitting A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2017
IPOB, no doubt is the loudest and consistent group seeking for Biafran independence. But her approach over the years have attracted criticism and antagonism, especially among ND groups and other ethnic group in the country. This critics is not restricted to non-Igbo speaking groups, but also among Igbos intellectuals and think tanks.

This article is not designed to lampoon IPOB, but to point areas that need to be reformatted. I admire her courage, as a body, and consistency. However so many things are not done properly. Whatever is worth doing well is worth doing well. It’s high time you guys reform, or completely shelve the idea of getting us to the promise land. All IPOBIANS, home and abroad should take notes of the following points:

Restrict your Campaigns to Igboid Areas: They say charity begins at home. How well established is your support base in your homeland? Yes, you could have a large pool of followers in South East, but do you command the same support in areas like Obi-Igbo, Ndoni, Ndoki, Etche, even the Ikwerre. These are groups that can pull weight and become game changers if they swing their support for you.

Tone down on Internet Wars: There is a need to counter hate for hate, but sometimes it backfires. There is time for everything, and everything that is designed to succeed must be given due attention. Time to court for alliances and build bridges. Your FB page should not be hell for opposing views, but where ideas and counter ideas can freely flow. After all, if Biafra becomes a reality, wouldn’t it be a free society with respect to freedom of speech and expression? Except you want to build a totalitarian state, which I’m sure no right thinking Igboman will support.

Time to redraw your Map: yes, that your map is very annoying. Especially, as most ND groups have consistently disassociate themselves from your struggles. It’s possible you have sprinkles of ND groups as your members, whom I’m sure you’ll want to appease, but that does not translate to a majority voice. Because majority carries the vote. I will even suggest you shelve that map, until you gain popular support before you can start carving areas and creating territories. This is 21st century, where you cannot even force a horse to the river talk-less of forcing it to drink.

Create a Road Map: Your objective should be within a defined period with clear cut tasks and goals. Build synergy among your people and possibly metamorphose into a political party that will push for referendum in the National Assembly. A journey of a thousand league begins with a step. When you are organized and focus, twenty years will seem like twenty months.

The ND Group Question: Personally I’ll love to see separate countries between these regions, but if at all the need to be one country persist, then steps should be taken to consider their stand. There should be deliberate move to engage these groups and her leadership:

Urhobo Group
Ijaw Group
Itsekiri Group
Ogoni People
Efik/Ibibio People
ELeme People
Kalabari People
Etc.

Each of these, groups do have a representative and union where consensus is reached. If IPOB is bent in including them, then a deliberate move to reach out to them, understand their position and reach mutual binding agreement before including them in your agenda.

Your Leadership should reflects your True agenda: IPOB should reshuffle her leadership to include all ethnic group that are represented to make sure everybody is carried along. That is if these ethnic group key into the movement.

In conclusion, these are mere suggestion. One thing I want to achieve with this article is to reduce the amount of insult and name calling that is heaped on the Igbo nation as result of IPOB movement and her strategies. Time to think progressive and win the support that will see the end to impunity that is inherent in this present system. Na who wey no wan better thing.
Either the country dissolve totally, or we restructure to complete regionalism.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by cuedish: 6:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
ok
Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nebuchadnezar: 6:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
grin
Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
cc: fratermathy, Pazienza, Nogzi123, paschu, myplaydiary, midol, cheruv, tonyebarcanister,

@fratermathy, I'm sure this article gives you a clear view of the average Igboman as to this issue. IPOB is a group, while Igbo is a nation. Take note. cool

2 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Sammy07: 6:30pm On Mar 31, 2017
Good... Am a Yoruba... but I support you people...
this is what you ought to do

12 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2017
Sammy07:
Good...
Am a Yoruba... but I support you people...

this is what you ought to do
Yea, I hate it when I witness the shouting match going on here and other forum, in the name of tribal wars. Honestly, Nigeria dey peper for body, Nigeria should divide asp. If IPOB will get it right, they will garner more support for sure.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
IPOB is a terrorist group

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nebuchadnezar: 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
blues20:
cc: fratermathy, Pazienza, Nogzi123, paschu, myplaydiary, midol, tonyebarcanister,

@fratermathy, I'm sure this article gives you a clear view of the average Igboman as to this issue. IPOB is a group, while Igbo is a nation. Take note. cool
Ipob is igbo and Igbo is ipob
kiss the truth

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nebuchadnezar: 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2017
IpobExposed:
uwazurike is a useless worthless scumbag idiotic vagabond loafer cum traitor that will be killed in due time

4 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nebuchadnezar:

kiss the truth
I'm Igbo, and I'm not IPOB, so wetini undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nebuchadnezar: 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
blues20:

I'm Igbo, and I'm not IPOB, so wetini undecided
then you're among 0.005% insignificant voices and efulefus that doesn't know their left from right.
how can we stop online war when they keep attacking us online none stop
how can we stop our own online propaganda when their mission is use propaganda to scatter us.
igbo are scattered around so called SS even among majority so we ain't leaving them behind
i mean the so called delta igbos and the rest in rivers

my friend shatap it's either you're for us or against us and we don't give a rat asss about that.
so far so good ipob strategy is the best because attack is the best form of defense.

QED
kiss the truth

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by MJBOLT: 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
meanwhile, nnamdi kanu is still the igwe of kuje prison
grin

4 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2017
@Nebuchardnezer, listen up, I'm an advocate of an only Igboid country, made up of all Igbo speaking group,whether in the so called South South or South East region. But, since IPOB is bent on including other non-Igbo speaking areas, they should do it the right way and stop attracting insult to the Igbo nation. Get my position.

6 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by ILoveToFuCcK: 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
Igbo please don't go.. .i need to fυck ifeoma before una go... embarassed cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
Iskandar, paschu, sighting you guys. what sayest thou. smiley Indi'Igbo are sensible people. Our focus should be the unity of Indi'Igbo in all the seven Igbo speaking states.... this should be the top priority.
Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
ILoveToFuCcK:
[s]Igbo please don't go.. .i need to fυck ifeoma before una go... [/s]embarassed cry
You need a doctor

4 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by ILoveToFuCcK: 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
blues20:

You need a doctor
No, I need a pυssy to fυck angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
ILoveToFuCcK:

[s]No, I need a pυssy to Bleep angry
[/s]
Not on my thread, fuvck off. angry
Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by paschu: 7:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
I'm not sure this is the right path.

I would rather have you join IPOB in REAL TIME (not online) and pay your dues, lend them your ideas and other resources with respect and geniune AUTHENTIC love. Or just set up a new group with same vision but better strategy.

A time will come when all the seemingly different groups will merge and become one unstopable force. But as at now, IPOB has done a great job awakening our collective consciousness to the institutionalized injustice in this political label called Nigeria.

Above all, "anaghi agba izu na nti ndi obia". Thus, ridiculing your own, PUBLICLY, just to gain the momentary approval of bystanders is such an unsustainable venture. I seriously don't think it's worth it.

blues20:
cc: fratermathy, Pazienza, Nogzi123, paschu, myplaydiary, midol, cheruv, tonyebarcanister,

14 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by ILoveToFuCcK: 7:08pm On Mar 31, 2017
blues20:
[/s]
Not on my thread, fuvck off. angry
Calm down...this world is too small to hide from pυssy undecided
Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 31, 2017
paschu:
I'm not sure this is the right path.

I would rather have you join IPOB in REAL TIME (not online) and pay your dues, lend them your ideas and other resources with respect and geniune AUTHENTIC love. Or just set up a new group with same vision but better strategy.

A time will come when all the sermingly diffetent groups will merge and become one unstopable force. But as at now, IPOB has done a great job awakening our collective consciousness to the institutionalized injustice in this political label called Nigeria.

Above all, "anaghi agba izu na nti ndi obia". Thus, ridiculing your own, PUBLICLY, just to gain the momentary approval of bystanders is such an unsustainable venture. I seriously don't think it's worth it.

@ the bold is not the intention. Anti-Igob sentiment is growing by the day, especially on this forum, so using this forum is not a bad idea.
However, I could make a move in regards to your suggestions. I am for Igboid only country, both South South and South East Igbos, and if IPOB can buy into the idea, the best for us. My opinion though.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Olabestonic001(m): 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2017
Op doesn't even know this IPOB; they are going to self-destruct. They've already started with Iroanya and his goons and soon Uche Meffor will be seen as whom he his.
Truth is, this message will be thrashed and those miscreants would soon show their true nature. Since their rallying points are hatred, emotions and anger, it will surely be their nadir! IPOB must be consumed with hatred and anger otherwise karma would be a ruse. Till they change their tactics, their camp will perpetually be in disarray. Also note; there also is the typical Igbo man inability to be lead except by his emotions and that is going to show and add to the clog in the wheel of the struggle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
Olabestonic001:
Op doesn't even know this IPOB; they are going to self-destruct. They've already started with Iroanya and his goons and soon Uche Meffor will be seen as whom he his.
Truth is, this message will be thrashed and those miscreants would soon show their true nature. Since their rallying points are hatred, emotions and anger, it will surely be their nadir! IPOB must be consumed with hatred and anger otherwise karma would be a ruse. Till they change their tactics, their camp will perpetually be in disarray. Also note; there also is the typical Igbo man inability to be lead except by his emotions and that is going to show and add to the clog in the wheel of the struggle.
How do you compare: the Igboman that is a free democrat and the Yorubas that votes on tribal line. Case in point, Bubu, an ex-coupist, and his massive support from the South West. Nigeria is still on a backward roller coaster.
You see your life.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Amarabae(f): 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
I have stated something like this b4 and the Igbos abused me.
The Igbos are making it look like Igbos can't stand on their own as a country, its very sad.
I hate to see these minorities raining insults on Igbos on social media because of ipob map inclusion, enough of it.
They keep accusing you of wanting to steal their oil when it is not Igbos that is controlling their oil blocks in their backyard, why not leave them to 'enjoy one nigeria'?
this is just my little contribution, Igbos don't abuse, I just made a suggestion.

8 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by demslayerrz: 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
blues20:

How do you compare: the Igboman that is a free democrat and the Yorubas that votes on tribal line. Case in point, Bubu, an ex-coupist, and his massive support from the South West. Nigeria is still on a backward roller coaster.
You see your life.

So it was no tribal line when they voted for GEJ in 2011. GEJ got 40% votes in SW in 2015, never knew the likes of Fayose, FFK, Afenifere group e.t.c are Kanuri.

10 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by fratermathy(m): 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2017
blues20:

I'm very glad you wrote this here. I appreciate.

I'm sure the hordes won't come hunting for you because you are an nwannem. if not, you and I have said the same things.

iSlayer2, ConqueredWest, Pazienza, Bigfrancis21, etc: food is ready. Come and address the issues your nwannem raised; issues that I had raised before but was attacked for because I am an Urhobo.

To blues20: nwonke oma. Daalu so. You have said the truth and thought like a man!

See my opinion on Biafran issues here: https://www.nairaland.com/3711572/opinion-concerning-biafra-igbo-agitation

1 Like

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by fratermathy(m): 8:28pm On Mar 31, 2017
Amarabae:
I have stated something like this b4 and the Igbos abused me.
The Igbos are making it look like Igbos can't stand on their own as a country, its very sad.
I hate to see these minorities raining insults on Igbos on social media because of ipob map inclusion, enough of it.
They keep accusing you of wanting to steal their oil when it is not Igbos that is controlling their oil blocks in their backyard, why not leave them to 'enjoy one nigeria'?
this is just my little contribution, Igbos don't abuse, I just made a suggestion.

Mama Igbo supremacist! M n'anya ị!

2 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by Fremancipation: 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2017
Op you talk as if you joined NAiraland yesterday. You said IPOB is bringing insult for ndigbo? Are you trying to say that igbos weren't already being insulted and ridiculed before IPOB came to the fore front.

Political correctness is what has been killing Igbos in Nigeria and finally Nnamdi kanu has help put a stop to it. I am no more politically correct. I just say things the way it is.

Even if Biafra is limited to only igbos both in the SE/SS, the next stage is for them to start telling us who is Igbo and who is not. You can never satisfy Nigerian despise for Igbos. They will always find reasons to hate.

9 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by bantudra: 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
IpobExposed:

ipob are lunatics.. grin

5 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by bantudra: 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nebuchadnezar:

then you're among 0.005% insignificant voices and efulefus that doesn't know their left from right.
how can we stop online war when they keep attacking us online none stop
how can we stop our own online propaganda when their mission is use propaganda to scatter us.
igbo are scattered around so called SS even among majority so we ain't leaving them behind
i mean the so called delta igbos and the rest in rivers

my friend shatap it's either you're for us or against us and we don't give a rat asss about that.
so far so good ipob strategy is the best because attack is the best form of defense.

QED
kiss the truth

you attacked others first....remember..??
zoo,slaves,afonjas,zombies,zoo-animals,scratch face,phedofiles,terrorists and others..

then you went even further..
kill,burn,somalia and others...

you ipobians are the last ones to play innocence here... angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by bantudra: 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
blues20:
@Nebuchardnezer, listen up, I'm an advocate of an only Igboid country, made up of all Igbo speaking group,whether in the so called South South or South East region. But, since IPOB is bent on including other non-Igbo speaking areas, they should do it the right way and stop attracting insult to the Igbo nation. Get my position.

it doesnt matter..for me its a lot of fun..we can abuse each other till kingdom comes and you will still dont get biafra...i dont care... angry

2 Likes

Re: IPOB And The Need To Reform Her Strategy: by bantudra: 9:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
Fremancipation:
Op you talk as if you joined NAiraland yesterday. You said IPOB is bringing insult for ndigbo? Are you trying to say that igbos weren't already being insulted and ridiculed before IPOB came to the fore front.

Political correctness is what has been killing Igbos in Nigeria and finally Nnamdi kanu has help put a stop to it. I am no more politically correct. I just say things the way it is.

Even if Biafra is limited to only igbos both in the SE/SS, the next stage is for them to start telling us who is Igbo and who is not. You can never satisfy Nigerian despise for Igbos. They will always find reasons to hate.

so long you dont stop with this SE/SS rubbish,then its only the beginning of insults for una... angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA / Discos Make N1tn Amid Grid Crisis, Unmetered Customers Hit 5.8m / Okonjo-iweala Diverts Gifts To Hiv/aids Victims, As Daughter Marries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.