Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? (26744 Views)

3 Helpful Tips On How Low Income Earners Can Survive In Lagos / 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary / How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by trinity11(m): 1:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
Op the answer is YES and NO, Depending on your proximity of your place of work to your home. Depending on how you can manage yourself.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by xtervaganza(m): 1:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
DrObum:
You actually think that everyone living in Abuja earns more than 40K

People earn less and still provide accommodation from that in this town.
are you serious?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Revolva(m): 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
better live in the slum area of abuja with the 40k....ok

no more comment
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Jakebash: 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
Pls can somebody help me to send GMAT 2007 pdf my email adelekebashiratadejoke@yahoo.com,thanks.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
Yesooo I'm in Abuja here and I earn only 25k.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by McTobe(m): 1:47pm On Apr 01, 2017
I laugh at some comments here. 40k is surely poor to survive on in Abj but many people are surviving on that salary. I am sure a Grade level 6 Civil servant in some Govt depts receives about that amount or a little less and they are more in number dan Level 7 upwards. Mr Op planning is d key. But I want to assure u dat dis stage of life u are in now is transitory. Just b focused. Any descent girl or lady dat can patiently be by your side now should not be despised in d days of your plenty, because I know that d sunny days must surely come. Remain blessed . One thing u must fear at this stage is debt, fear it more than u fear anything it can cripple u except u borrow to start up something for yourself.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by divinelove(m): 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2017
bhouze:
I earn 40k and i live in Abj but i am gonna show you how i survive.
1. I dont compare myself with other people
2. I stay at Jahi very close to my workplace and my annual rent is 100k (very conducive environment though i'm lucky in this aspect)
3. TP to my work place to and fro is #200 and as such #4,800 in a month i work for six days in a week
4 I buy foodstuff and other miscellaneous expenses of 10k to 15k depending on what is not available per month ( But i must confess that things are very difficult now with the daily hike in the prices of food stuff so i had to spend more to around 20k now per month.)
5. i save about 15 to 20k monthly from wich i pay my rent whenever it is due but i am really looking for a better pay Job to save decently so i can marry wink
6. I dont womanize.

No beer n no babe money angry angry angry angry recharge card for data n calls nko, nepa bill, security, sanitation n water bill nko
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Elnida: 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
aamstih:
Welldone bro... You gave me a good laugh for the weekend ... Drop your contact here make I follow make you smile.

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by ganja06(m): 3:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
sisipelebe:
but guy you can aswell stock your kitchen every month with that 18.6k, Instead of visiting mama put every morning and evening. Or you dont just like cooking?
I know it's better for me that way, I cook my own food before until a friend visited and told me that I cook like woman, that if I continue that way I will not see the need to marry, I just think the whole thing and lost interest in cooking. It's over a year now I never enter kitchen and I never still marry.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by ganja06(m): 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2017
modelsms10:

Which type of insurance is that. And don't you have siblings, relatives or friends you give things to occasionally?

I dont pay any money or buy drugs when I fall sick, I just visit the hospital I registered with. Fortunately for me my people understands my predicament
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by sleepyeyez(m): 4:28pm On Apr 01, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nigerians? We got no chills! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No vezz, bros
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by DoyenExchange: 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
50 Small and Big Businesses You Can Do In Nigeria With Their Cost Estimates

Do you know that there are big and small businesses you can start in Nigeria that will not put holes in your pockets? They are every day businesses you never think that they will make you a millionaire. www.doyenexchange.com/invest_opps.php contains a list of over 50 businesses you can start immediately in Nigeria and their cost estimates.

You will be amazed!
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by LoveJesus87(m): 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
Maybe underground sha.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by modelsms10: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2017
ganja06:

I dont pay any money or buy drugs when I fall sick, I just visit the hospital I registered with. Fortunately for me my people understands my predicament
Ok thanks. But pls is it NHIS or HMO?
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Opeyemi4real(m): 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
ironheart:
Yes you can, depends on where u decid to live, you can get single room for 25k at some of those villages along airport road. Transport to area1 is N100, food stuff is cheap in those villages. Trust me u can survive with 40k
You can lie for Africa and Asia join! Sauka, Ako, Ido etc are all along airport road and it's never 100bucks. You can just say 'from Lugbe'. I live along airport road and I spend 250 x 2 to and from area 1 every day!

Someone here will live in Ado-Ekiti now and come here to advise Abuja residents! undecided

No christian here is even talking about TITHE undecided

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by ganja06(m): 9:57pm On Apr 01, 2017
modelsms10:
Ok thanks. But pls is it NHIS or HMO?
Kbl HMO
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by modelsms10: 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2017
ganja06:
Kbl HMO
k tnks
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by ironheart(m): 1:04am On Apr 02, 2017
Opeyemi4real:
You can lie for Africa and Asia join! Sauka, Ako, Ido etc are all along airport road and it's never 100bucks. You can just say 'from Lugbe'. I live along airport road and I spend 250 x 2 to and from area 1 every day!

Someone here will live in Ado-Ekiti now and come here to advise Abuja residents! undecided

if you pay 250, how much will someone from gwagwalada pay? Shows u don't know how to take rides in Abuja. Let me school you a little,

Gwagwalada to area1, apo bridge, wuse beggar 250

Giri area1 150

Anything after kuje bridge area1 100 or 150 depending on negotiation

Lugbe to area1 100

Nyanya area1 150 or 100 depending on type of bus n time of day

Zuba to area1 200 to 250 depends on time of day

So dont think everyone is as ignorant as you. Next time, kindly stop over paying, except you decided to give extra cash to help the ministry of the driver

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by able88(m): 5:59am On Apr 02, 2017
Elnida:

where do you stay, let's start from their.
Kubwa
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 02, 2017
ganja06:

I know it's better for me that way, I cook my own food before until a friend visited and told me that I cook like woman, that if I continue that way I will not see the need to marry, I just think the whole thing and lost interest in cooking. It's over a year now I never enter kitchen and I never still marry.
Thats a very lame excuse, you better go bacK to the kitchen you know recession is in the air. It will save you a lot of cash and you will get filled to your satisfaction than buying food outside.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by obyrich(m): 10:45am On Apr 02, 2017
Verami:
40k?? You own beta, go ask others their monthly salary.
Are things this bad in Abuja? shocked
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by olac21(m): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2017
uyplus:

BATCHELOR?? shocked shocked grin lipsrsealed
Yap..Spllinter!!Lol
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Neldrizzy(m): 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
Donsammi:

kubwa cheap?

hell no except you are referring to kubwa village market axis.banzago pipeline byzahin axis.

God bless you brother.. When the guy mentioned kubwa, I started wondering weda na the kubwa wey I dey stay or another kubwa dey Abuja wey me nor know of.

Our house rent in phase4 is almost a million, not to talk of the new estates, flats..

Even the kubwa village, bazango, biagy and across, you will hardly get a house for less than 300k, my friend staying in far biagy across close to the mountain ( almost the end of biagy across, pays 3500k in a two bedroom flat.

@op no reason kubwa at all, kubwa is not for kids. Nothing is cheap here at all, as a guy man 40k is not even enough for a weekend , unless you are living a boring life.

Just go dutse,bwari, dei-die, zuba, etc, definitely not kubwa with your 40k penny.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by ganja06(m): 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
sisipelebe:
Thats a very lame excuse, you better go bacK to the kitchen you know recession is in the air. It will save you a lot of cash and you will get filled to your satisfaction than buying food outside.
lol. I know, but my main aim now is how to get a better job or start my own buisness, get a sensible girl like you, settle down with her and stop managing.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Opeyemi4real(m): 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
ironheart:
if you pay 250, how much will someone from gwagwalada pay? Shows u don't know how to take rides in Abuja. Let me school you a little,

Gwagwalada to area1, apo bridge, wuse beggar 250

Giri area1 150

Anything after kuje bridge area1 100 or 150 depending on negotiation

Lugbe to area1 100

Nyanya area1 150 or 100 depending on type of bus n time of day

Zuba to area1 200 to 250 depends on time of day

So dont think everyone is as ignorant as you. Next time, kindly stop over paying, except you decided to give extra cash to help the ministry of the driver
I can see now that you knew nothing about what you wrote initially! Anywhere from Giri to Kuje Is 200 to Area1 while people in Gwags pay 250 (lucky them) and mind you myopic man, living along airport road doesn't mean you live beside d highway...you still need to take bike from where you are to d road in some places! Except you're the type that knows d price to be 10bucks but you want to get it for 7bucks by begging!
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
ganja06:

lol. I know, but my main aim now is how to get a better job or start my own buisness, get a sensible girl like you, settle down with her and stop managing.
lol, God will do it.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Elnida: 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
able88:

Kubwa

is your place of work very far.. if it is wuse , you can get a house in kado - kuchi, jahi 1&2 or Durumi
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Donsammi(m): 3:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
Neldrizzy:
God bless you brother.. When the guy mentioned kubwa, I started wondering weda na the kubwa wey I dey stay or another kubwa dey Abuja wey me nor know of.

Our house rent in phase4 is almost a million, not to talk of the new estates, flats..

Even the kubwa village, bazango, biagy and across, you will hardly get a house for less than 300k, my friend staying in far biagy across close to the mountain ( almost the end of biagy across, pays 3500k in a two bedroom flat.

@op no reason kubwa at all, kubwa is not for kids. Nothing is cheap here at all, as a guy man 40k is not even enough for a weekend , unless you are living a boring life.

Just go dutse,bwari, dei-die, zuba, etc, definitely not kubwa with your 40k penny.

I dey tell you..

sha for 2/1 Lagos crescent na the same thing although i own the house i am staying tho.close to hausa mosque ..

byzahin across don dey cost so?
nawaa oo
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
sisipelebe:
2,500? That should be 1999 right?

2008 actually.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Donsammi(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
Opeyemi4real:

airport road.
its been long ooh .was staying at Chika/aleiyta around 2005/06 before elrufai demolition.
then it was cheap around 80k self
tho I brought a land and built on it
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by ironheart(m): 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
Opeyemi4real:
I can see now that you knew nothing about what you wrote initially! Anywhere from Giri to Kuje Is 200 to Area1 while people in Gwags pay 250 (lucky them) and mind you myopic man, living along airport road doesn't mean you live beside d highway...you still need to take bike from where you are to d road in some places! Except you're the type that knows d price to be 10bucks but you want to get it for 7bucks by begging!
MR I SABI ABUJA. Goodluck to you.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Opeyemi4real(m): 9:47am On Apr 03, 2017
ironheart:
MR I SABI ABUJA. Goodluck to you.
You too my Abuja Google map!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike / President Buhari Nominates 42 Ambassadors / Lady Spotted In Ibadan As A Commercial Okada Rider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.