Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (1473 Views)

Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? / Christians Colonized Us In Africa, Undeniable Fact But How? (pics) / Pictures: Captured Isis Found To Be Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 01, 2017

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by felixomor: 8:37am On Apr 01, 2017
Christianity was already well into Africa, even before white men dreamt of colonization of Africa.

Get facts right, OP...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by ZirdoRoray(m): 8:38am On Apr 01, 2017
If it did not happen the greater population of the black would still be pagans like the Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, Koreans, tibetans and the yezidi.
Re: . by eezeribe(m): 8:38am On Apr 01, 2017
No Religion is worth giving myself Headache...

# PROUDLY CHRISTIAN
Re: . by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 01, 2017

2 Likes

Re: . by ZirdoRoray(m): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2017
felixomor:
Christianity was already well into Africa, even before white men dreamt of colonization of Africa.

Get facts right, OP...

there are endless contradictions in the bible so it is not valid.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 01, 2017

3 Likes

Re: . by felixomor: 8:49am On Apr 01, 2017
Braden7:
When you say Afrfica, you should indicate whether sub Saharan african ,not just Africa. You might bne talking about a 10 acre island on the north of Morroco or Egypt , is that the Africa you think i mentioned in my post? I'm talking about black sub saharan African society. For example ,Ashanti Tribe ,Benin Tribe,Zulu Tribe,Igbo tribe . Yoruba Tribe,etc.

I think you need to study some history.
Dont you know that the entire Africa was black before?
Including Morocco and Egypt ?

1 Like

Re: . by ZirdoRoray(m): 8:52am On Apr 01, 2017
Braden7:
What makes you think that a Hindu ,Muslim,or Buddhist and the other numerous religons are are Pagans? A Buddhist also views you as Pagan and can not relate with your Moses and Noah story at all.

I'm not a xtain, I'm a Spiritual Satanist and I must say that the xtain religion was right to state that any religion that venerate gods (advanced and immortal Extra terrestrials residing physical in other planet) are paganistic as Satan is the chief Pagan God.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 01, 2017
Re: . by felixomor: 8:56am On Apr 01, 2017
Braden7:
Are the following people black? whats the difference between the first two photos and the last two photos ?

Please
Enlighten me,
Whats the difference?
Some of them are white?
Re: . by Xsem(m): 9:22am On Apr 01, 2017
I have always pondered on this and when I ask a Christian about the fate of a Moslem, he would say that they won't make heaven likewise a Moslem saying same about a Christian.But what they seem to forget was that we are Christians because of our colonizers. For instance francophone countries speak French because they were colonized by French speaking countries likewise an anglophone country speaking English because they were colonized by English speaking countries.

1 Like

Re: . by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:04am On Apr 01, 2017
felixomor:

Please
Enlighten me,
Whats the difference?
Some of them are white?
If you have contradictory "facts" present them here.

Don't derail the thread with empty claims.

op, @ ur question. The answer is a big...

NO

We couldn't have been christians or muslims if we weren't colonized.

We won't even know how to read any of those ancient books.
Re: . by felixomor: 10:14am On Apr 01, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
If you have contradictory "facts" present them here.

Don't derail the thread with empty claims.

op, @ ur question. The answer is a big...

NO

We couldn't have been christians or muslims if we weren't colonized.

We won't even know how to read any of those ancient books.

Nobody talked to u.
Dont interrupt an intelligent line of talk.
Its not by force to comment lipsrsealed
Re: . by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:17am On Apr 01, 2017
felixomor:

Nobody talked to u.
Dont interrupt an intelligent line of talk.
Its not by force to comment lipsrsealed
grin
Pained?

wink
Re: . by felixomor: 10:18am On Apr 01, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
grin
Pained?

wink

Nah.
Just disgusted....
Nothing more
Re: . by twosquare(m): 10:51am On Apr 01, 2017
Yeah...Braden7...there is what is called transcultural negotiations and influences. Some of this came via trade and not by colonization. So, it will still happen...may not be as much in %--I mean adherents, but with western influences and technology....yea.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
Re: . by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
I don't think you thought this through before opening this thread.

You presumed too much. First off, the Christian or Muslim faith didn't only spread as a result of colonialism. One of the primary way the Christian faith spread, especially, was by direct evangelization through words and actions.

A typical example could be seen in the early days of Christianity which started with the Jews who were, at the time, victims of colonialism via the Roman occupation. Despite being the 'subjects' of Rome they found a way to spread the faith to Rome and by extension other parts of Europe.

A country or a people need not experience colonialism to have their culture 'tainted' by some external influence. The Jews never colonized the Europeans nor the Americans but the religion which they started went a long way to influence both continents.

In the same way, if Africans were not colonized, there would have been other ways of getting the message of Christianity or Islam to the mother land. Granted, colonialism played a role in spreading the message but this is not saying that if there was no colonialism then we wouldn't have gotten the message all the same.

PS: Who told you there is no Chinese Christian
Re: . by Niflheim(m): 8:00pm On Apr 01, 2017
@Braden7,

Excellent post!!! Religions have nothing to do with "gods or divine intervention"!!! They are 99.9℅ dependent on "geographical location" and "former slave master"!!!
Re: . by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
While I was still a Christian, i asked myself then I realised religion was 200% scam.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2017

4 Likes

Re: . by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2017
I'm still a Pagan traditionalist dezpite colonization . And I'm from the North.

So speak for yourself. it takes firm strength and belief in your identity to maintain it.

Just sorry for you people. You have lost it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by bebe2(f): 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
Braden7:
Of course there are Chinese individuals who are christian and Muslim and there are white Muslims also . But i'm talking about the inclination of majority of the people and national religion . Nigeria's national religion is clearly christian and Islam. That doesn't mean there are no Nigerian Buddhist.
Well ,guess what? the British/American who propagated Christianity during colonialism do not find that religion too appealing anymore. Most westerners now favour New age , atheism or Buddhism. So let's assume , the British had favoured Buddhism during colonialism , then Buddhism would have been evangelised through Africa and other colonies. It just so happened hat Christianity was favoured by British at the time of colonialism. In fact ,if Germany had colonized Nigeria, Most Nigerians would likely be Lutherans. If Sweden or one of the Nordic countries has colonizee acrican,they'd likely be athiest. If Russia had colonized Africans, They'd likely be Orthodox . But because British and america colonized Nigeria, the major religions there are American Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian and later Jehovah's witness,latter day saints Mormon,etc. British Anglican,Catholic.
Today,there's an ongoing American neocolonialism in Africa and the rest of the world ,and it's clear that most Africans and humans in general are beginning to question outdated dogmas and align their reasoning towards Western New age religion and free thought . Give it another 50 years and all churches in Africa may be empty while western New age religion and free thinking and atheism will take over.

I totally agree with your last paragraph. It's happening already.

The reason why religion is holding our pple hostage is because we can't think critically. We are raised to obey without questioning.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
Luvmijeje, I see viewing this thread OOO.... grin

Supposing it's captioned "only a FOOL beliefs no god exist", ya presence would be registered.

Oyah say something tongue
Re: . by luvmijeje(f): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
Britain wasn't enslave by the Jews but Christianity still got there, to the extent they became one of the best nation that propagated the gospel of Christ.

Yes, Christianity will still have gotten to us.
Re: . by luvmijeje(f): 3:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
adepeter26:
Luvmijeje, I see viewing this thread OOO.... grin

Supposing it's captioned "only a FOOL beliefs no god exist", ya presence would be registered.

Oyah say something tongue

Trust me na.. ... I no dey slack when it comes to lies against my God.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
luvmijeje:

Trust me na.. ... I no dey slack when it comes to lies against my God.
Lol... All the lies we done point out, which one you refute?

grin tongue
Re: . by luvmijeje(f): 4:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
adepeter26:

Lol... All the lies we done point out, which one you refute?

grin tongue
All una lies na him I done do rebuttal on but I'm still waiting for na upcoming lies. There's still one thread titled opium I'm hoping to work on hopefully this week.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
PAGAN9JA:
I'm still a Pagan traditionalist dezpite colonization . And I'm from the North.

So speak for yourself. it takes firm strength and belief in your identity to maintain it.

Just sorry for you people. You have lost it.
Lol, Mr Pagan, while its nice that you kept your religion, the majority of Northerners are Muslims, a fact you know. I've never really heard of a Hausa Voodoo priest or any Hausa traditional god. You are sort of rare, among your people. So that's what he's asking you to address. . .
Re: . by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
luvmijeje:

All una lies na him I done do rebuttal on but I'm still waiting for na upcoming lies. There's still one thread titled opium I'm hoping to work on hopefully this week.
Lol you wey dodge plenty of my threads grin
Anyways ok oo cheesy cheesy
Re: . by luvmijeje(f): 4:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
adepeter26:

Lol you wey dodge plenty of my threads grin
Anyways ok oo cheesy cheesy

It's because your questions don't always make sense. You will just sit down in one place and start formulating questions that is always out of point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Were Never Addressed As Christians / / Daddy Freeze Replys Paul Enenche Over Glory Doom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.