Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

7 Realities Christians Need To Embrace Daily - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Realities Christians Need To Embrace Daily (548 Views)

Why Christians Need To Edit The Bible / Christians Need To Stop This Grammatical Error / The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Realities Christians Need To Embrace Daily by hysteriabox(m): 11:08am On Apr 01, 2017
One of the challenges of modern day Christianity is the finding and practice of Truth. Few are lucky to find truth-very lucky I must add. Daily application-which is core reflection of wisdom, is extremely hard to find.
Today, I ll love to share some Truths that every believer in Christ must embrace and ultimately manifest in the flesh.

enjoy

1. BE CONVERSANT WITH SYSTEMMATIC THEOLOGY.
Theology isnt meant for preachers only. Most become n remain gullible because they dont see the need to study Theo (the Godhead) systematically. Each should be able to adequately ingest, explain and defend biblical truth. Stop searching ur bible primarily so as to get rid of ur problems. Study to build a stronger fellowship with God; and what better way than through a balanced systematic study.

2. YOU ARE THE CHURCH.
The fueds n drama we see daily makes it clear-most view church as a place. What you do, say gives a commensurate reflection to the church on the earth. Its not enough to clean the church seats; if we walk around dirty, unbelievers will rightly say "the church is a dirty bunch". Amazingly, many would close their accounts to fund church projects but have perfect excuses why helping out a person in need isnt such a good idea. So, be conscious of ur actions as they are-ultimately seen as that of the church

3. BE CAREFUL WITH SENTIMENTS
Its possible to be a heavily bigoted christian. Irenically indoctrinated to see things from a fractured lens. Dont allow ur pastor, ur denomination, ur tribe, ur family or even ur adversaries shape your beliefs. Train urself to love Christ, regardless of how much men have made him look split. How many will weep n cry to God when a church that is not their branch is attacked? Instead, men will parade themselves as "highly favored" thats why their church building wasnt attacked. Our loyalty is unto Christ alone.

4. ITS ON US TO BUILD A HEALTHY COMMUNITY
Seriously, if the church is given one local government area, permitted to do whatever they can to develop it, how many denominations will turn it into a mega industrial city in 10 years? I say hardly any. Maybe mega church city...mega crusade city...but not industrial city. Its on us to promote a healthy community, filled with balance. Putting up healthy communities requires building up healthy people. The community is an exact reflection of the church.

5. BALANCE OUT LIVING
The myth of heaven being our ultimate goal/destination n dancing b4 God forever has made most lazy n counter productive. We are not always "in the spirit". How many preachers teach people to do business, eat healthy, do exercise, have healthy sex with spouse, go out n vote? Many just live-school-work-church-REPEAT. Please apply due diligence if u want long life n prosperity. If all stay in church from sun rise to sun set, who ll do the farming? Who ll handle everyday living? How will the body survive? If all we read is our bible, where else will we get other adequate knowledge? If all I watch is mount zion TV, will my life not be narrowed and unpalatable?

6. PEOPLE CHANGE
We are highly pessimistic most time. We blive the worse so strongly but doubt the best to the end. This has thaught me never to put a pinch of trust in men. They ll praise you now now and insult you in 5 minutes. Beleivers must learn to fix their eyes on the Christ. Bishops fail, disappoint. Dont follow no one like a stubborn fly following the corpse to the grave. Also, we must train ourselves to see the best in others. No one is beyond repair. Beleive any people, race, region, nation can be better. Your mindset influences your actions. Ur inaction is a sign of disbeleif. Do what you have to do with the beleif that others, somewhere, someplace are doing their part also.

7. WE MUST NOT ALL PREACH
Another myth- when you preach and do things in church, your heavenly reward ll be mind blowing. Hmmm. Its unscriptural to think that the highedt place of honor is when one serves from the pulpit or its environs. God carved us all to meet n solve everyday problems-make life easier for others. God ll judge ( i.e judgment unto reward) us not (primarily albeit inclusively) based on our goodness- how good a Christian were you?- but based on our rightness- did you function as purposed?- no wonder God looks for RIGHTeaous men to work with. This is very hard to grasp after 1500 years of indoctrination. So, Joseph earned his place in Gods heart cos he faithfully kept the world from starvation. Joshua led Isael to occupy, David to conquar, Solomon to peace etc. So, if u see solutions n you dont step up to provude them, you ll be unrewarded when you stand b4 Him. God ll reward compassionate doctors, diligent engineers, honest public servants, innovative scientists etc cos they are all living n helping others live better.

SELAH

Enjoy the 1st of April

Hysteriabox

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Realities Christians Need To Embrace Daily by Jaytecq(m): 12:29am On Jan 27, 2019
point 3 made my day already.

(1) (Reply)

OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(wed. 19/04/2017) / Pastor Humble Replies Funmi Iyanda.."apostle Suleman Is A Messenger Of God / The Test Of Genuine Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.