Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants (1736 Views)

My Street Response to Abuja Covid 19 Lockdown (photos) / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 01, 2017
As shared by a Twitter user "tutsy22", some Muslim parents demanded that pork be removed from the school's menu. I found the mayor of Dorval's mature response quite appealing. In as much as people wanna move and live elsewhere, it's important to respect the traditions of the welcoming countries. Ofcourse the same should apply to Christians wanting to live in Muslim nations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by HQuadreal: 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
Warridis ?
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Waspy(m): 12:16pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hmmm... .the cultural inclusiveness lost on this one
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Fortissimo502: 12:17pm On Apr 01, 2017
This makes so much sense. If you don't want the pork don't eat it. Nobody is forcing you to eat it. And don't try deprive the other kids of their right to eat whatever they want. That's selfish.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
Waspy:
Hmmm... .the cultural inclusiveness lost on this one
True, I guess they do not want to follow the same path as the French and most Western nations have done. The Canadian culture must not be diluted.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Olu317(m): 12:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
I feel the Arab Muslims have a lot to learn. God help them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 01, 2017
Olu317:
I feel the Arab Muslims have a lot to learn. God help them.
Funny enough they might not even be Arabs demanding that
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 01, 2017
Before going too far grin The moral of the day is; stick to your intuition no matter what you want to experience, hear or have. Even the wise can be fooled wink . Happy New Month! And HQuadreal What I actually read from your post was, what is this one na? Are u a Canada lover? grin
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by HQuadreal: 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
Malolu:
Before going too far grin The moral of the day is; stick to your intuition no matter what you want to experience, hear or have. Even the wise can be fooled wink . Happy New Month! And HQuadreal What I actually read from your post was, what is this one na? Are u a Canada lover? grin
I would love to go there.
Any problem.
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
HQuadreal:

I would love to go there.
Any problem.

Oh not at all. Just asked. Canada is a country I will love to visit too but not live in.
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Olu317(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
Malolu:

Funny enough they might not even be Arabs demanding that
Perhaps you are right. But I know from history that once after the first , second or third generation Arabs settle down in a place,the some of the next generation tend to deviate from their first generation migrants. This happens especially if the deprived ones and those that sees immorality around their places of abode. This is what I have noticed about them. And the Africans who become extremist are just the ones that don't understand the intricacies of the world. The world is complicated and those who want to live in it must learn to tolerate others because lifestyles aren't the same with one another.
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by HQuadreal: 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2017
Malolu:

Oh not at all. Just asked. Canada is a country I will love to visit too but not live in.
Ok.
All is well.
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2017
Olu317:
Perhaps you are right. But I know from history that once after the first , second or third generation Arabs settle down in a place,the some of the next generation tend to deviate from their first generation migrants. This happens especially if the deprived ones and those that sees immorality around their places of abode. This is what I have noticed about them. And the Africans who become extremist are just the ones that don't understand the intricacies of the world. The world is complicated and those who want to live in it must learn to tolerate others because lifestyles aren't the same with one another.
That's true, assuming there were such instances. Steve Job's and other people's examples show that. Generation of migrants generally tend to lose most of their own culture, if not all.
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Olu317(m): 3:28pm On Apr 01, 2017
Malolu:

That's true, assuming there were such instances. Steve Job's and other people's examples show that. Generation of migrants generally tend to lose most of their own culture, if not all.
You mentioned Steve Job?. He was far away from Arab connection because his mother is an American/European blood . He married a white American. His first daughter was born to him by a white American. He never even liked his Father but adore his adopted parents to the pinnacle. So, it will be so hard for such to even claim as a descents of my Arab patrilineally . His Father is still alive though around 80+ years and he isn't at anytime being connected to any connection to Syrians In fact if not the problem of their President, Syria was a place people once lived irrespective of your religion. They were not like other mean Arabs. As far as I am concerned Syria is way off Arab stocks considering their history. Arab as far as am concern in their raw way of life are domineering.
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Lexusgs430: 4:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
Fantastic response. Not like all other countries that would pander to all sort of nonsense ...........

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by hopeforcharles(m): 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
Fortissimo502:
This makes so much sense. If you don't want the pork don't eat it. Nobody is forcing you to eat it. And don't try deprive the other kids of their right to eat whatever they want. That's selfish.
This is sensible. U cant come to my country and want me to change because of you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 01, 2017
Olu317:
You mentioned Steve Job?. He was far away from Arab connection because his mother is an American/European blood . He married a white American. His first daughter was born to him by a white American. He never even liked his Father but adore his adopted parents to the pinnacle. So, it will be so hard for such to even claim as a descents of my Arab patrilineally . His Father is still alive though around 80+ years and he isn't at anytime being connected to any connection to Syrians In fact if not the problem of their President, Syria was a place people once lived irrespective of your religion. They were not like other mean Arabs. As far as I am concerned Syria is way off Arab stocks considering their history. Arab as far as am concern in their raw way of life are domineering.
So by Arab stocks, I guess u re referring to the core Arab like Yemen, KSA and co...Only a majority of this group can actually fit in and forever imbibe another's culture
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Fantastic response. Not like all other countries that would pander to all sort of nonsense ...........
It would have been a fantastic response tho. Happy April fool's day!
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Kowalskiq(m): 12:30am On Apr 02, 2017
Epic
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Lexusgs430: 9:03am On Apr 02, 2017
Malolu:

I expect politicians not to always pander. The reaction albeit a prank, is the best way to approach certain matters......
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by metallisc(m): 10:05am On Apr 02, 2017
hopeforcharles:

This is sensible. U cant come to my country and want me to change because of you.

gbam! europe needs to learn a thing or two from this mayor!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by metallisc(m): 10:06am On Apr 02, 2017
Malolu:

it is actually not a prank, this was last year! same issue somewhere in ireland!
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I expect politicians not to always pander. The reaction albeit a prank, is the best way to approach certain matters......
I concur

1 Like

Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by Olu317(m): 4:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
Malolu:

So by Arab stocks, I guess u re referring to the core Arab like Yemen, KSA and co...Only a majority of this group can actually fit in and forever imbibe another's culture
KSA indigenous citizens act as a superior to other Arab members States . They don't heavily involve in suicide bombing and all what not connected to direct killings . And Yemen is just a small country with no substantial wherewithal to even cough when mentioning Arab heroes from the perspective of these believers of indirect conquest . A poor country it is. If you follow the civil war that has destroyed Yemen lately when a group of Islamic sect invaded the Presidential Lodge and held the country to a standstill, which was the beginning of the protracted civil war for a year or more. The Saudis government and her kingdom which is a core SUNNI country is the major country is the arrowhead in trying to restore normalcy which she hasn't be able because of the SHIITES/SHIA(an offshoot in raising eye brow on who is a possible successor of Prophet Muhammad)and SUNNIS. In today's world in the Middle East, IRAN, is a major supporter of SHIA MUSLIMS. This is the reason that is easy to understand the Yemenites are minority in term of such activities. The people are to be feared include ; Algerians, Tunisians, Iraqis, few Egyptians, Few Jordanians, Moroccans ,IRANIANS, Afghanistan's second generation citizens in Europe cum Americas are the problem. ISIS was able to recruit a whole lot of these guys based on their love for ISLAM and determination to destroy civilization of the western world. These guys are the biggest challenge to world order.
Re: Canadian Mayor's Epic Response To Immigrants by wunmi590(m): 7:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
This is the best reply of the year. So very very on point.

God bless Canada
God bless Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Behold This Shocking Aerial View Of A 50 Lane Traffic Jam In China (photos) / Nigerians Seeking To Move To The US Don’t You All See These? / How Men In Toronto Snatch People’s Wives, Threaten Them With Police-Canada-based

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.