Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

20 Small Business Investment Opportunities In Lagos State. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 20 Small Business Investment Opportunities In Lagos State. (636 Views)

20 Small Scale Business Ideas For You To Make Money In Nigeria / I Have 30k-40k As A Student, What Business/Investment Can I Start? / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Small Business Investment Opportunities In Lagos State. by oluwaskulboy(m): 12:47pm On Apr 01, 2017
Are you interested in starting a business in Lagos Nigeria? Then below are the top 20 small business investment opportunities in Lagos state.

Lagos is one of the largest cities in Africa and with a growing population of about twenty million people; Lagos remains one of the best places to set up a business not just in Nigeria but in Africa.
A lot of people travel to Lagos from around the world daily for various reasons and the largest amongst visitors to Lagos are people who come from all around Nigeria and even Africa for commercial reasons. People flood Lagos markets daily looking for one item or the other to purchase. In fact, there is a popular creed that goes:

“If you can’t find it in Lagos, you will never find it anywhere else.”

If you critically analyze the statement above, you will understand that there is an atom of truth in it. Lagos is business hub, the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria. It has a large market that can absorb any product or services you have to offer.

As a smart investor, you can take advantage of the growing population in Lagos and make money for yourself by meeting certain needs of its residents. Some of the hot businesses you can do in Lagos include-:

Top 20 Small Business ideas & Opportunities in Lagos

1. Start a Food delivery service

More than half of the population of Lagos is made up of working class people and with the traffic situation in Lagos; residents barely have time for themselves. I am talking from a personal experience here. Lagos is often referred to as the city that never sleeps and this is true.

In Lagos, most people find themselves rushing off to work as early as 4:00 am to meet customers demand; and also coming back as late as 10:00 pm at night due to the heavy traffic. Such people barely have time to cook their meals themselves but they have to eat, don’t they?

As a smart investor, you could make money from a food delivery service that would cater to the working class. You can create a website where they can subscribe to a monthly food delivery service and you will supply them three square meals daily. On the website, there would be menu options where they can select their preferred meals for each day.

A good way to tap into this food business is to start a food truck business, or a food cart stand. During the time I was dealing on clothes at Martins street in Lagos Island, I remember looking forward to the food trucks coming everyday to meet our needs. Due to our tight and ever busy schedule to meet customer needs, we often don’t have time to go out to get something to eat.

The food truck guys came, eliminated this problem, made money off us and still left us feeling happy and satisfied. And I can tell you that the food truck entrepreneurs were lifesavers especially during the rainy season.

You can also setup a small scale restaurant or fast food shop within your neighborhood to serve those who come in late from work and don’t have time to cook.

2. Start a Home Cleaning Service

Everyone loves a clean home and environment but because of the busy lives of most residents of Lagos, there isn’t much time to thoroughly clean their homes and even the surroundings; as they would have loved it.

Honestly, I don’t think I have the time to clean my environment especially during the environmental sanitation periods which holds every last Saturday of the month in Lagos; and I believe a lot of people share my view too.

This is why home cleaning services is now a hot business in Lagos. You could make a minimum of N1, 000 daily from cleaning just one home. So let’s say you are able to clean 50 homes daily (of course you will need extra help), that’s like N50, 000 in a day.

3. Start a Cab service

With the number of people trooping in and out of Lagos daily, you can never go wrong with setting up your own cab service. Cab drivers in Lagos make about N10, 000 daily. The good thing is that you can start with just one car and gradually build your fleet and if you cannot drive the car yourself, you can employ a driver who would give you daily returns.

get full article here
http://www.careerloaded.com.ng/2017/04/20-small-business-opportunities-in-lagos-state.html
Re: 20 Small Business Investment Opportunities In Lagos State. by DoyenExchange: 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2017
50 Small and Big Businesses You Can Do In Nigeria With Their Cost Estimates

Do you know that there are big and small businesses you can start in Nigeria that will not put holes in your pockets? They are every day businesses you never think that they will make you a millionaire. www.doyenexchange.com/invest_opps.php contains a list of over 50 businesses you can start immediately in Nigeria and their cost estimates.

You will be amazed!

(1) (Reply)

Good News!!! Nigerians To Now Spend N50 On Electronic Transfers! / Deleted Post! / Distributors Needed Nation Wide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.