Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,519 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Why Culture Should Remain Part Of Our Childhood - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Culture Should Remain Part Of Our Childhood (391 Views)

Amotekun Training: Masquerade Remain Unburnt As They Douse It With Fuel (video). / Memunat And Ola: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wives Were Childhood Best Friends / At A Crossroad- Should I Remain In America Or Come Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Culture Should Remain Part Of Our Childhood by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 01, 2017
I'm not speaking against civilization and the advancement that has come with it. Neither do I feel any iota of jealousy towards our young ones of today for the privileges they currently enjoy.
However, my concern is that culture is gradually being phased out of our lives, and as Nigerians we are aggressively eroding our heritage with imported Western ideologies.
I can remember my childhood where we had our lacks, but still found ways to enjoy every bit of it. The morals and values we were taught to uphold are no longer existent. And it pains me.
And no, it's not necessary for development. Asia is a fast developing continent and they've achieved this despite keeping there traditions. And yes, they were likewise colonized.
I urge you not to forget your heritage. It's your identity. Bring up the young ones with values and morals. Educate them to honor others and seek what's good for all.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Very Educative Blog By An 18 Year Old / Denied Mistreating Us Student Otto / Celebrities Will Pour Into The Microsoft Theater

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.