Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,027 members, 7,825,242 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Unilag Messed Me Up - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Messed Me Up (1043 Views)

Jamb Messed Up Big Time / My First Session Got Messed Up, Is There Hope I Can Attain First Class? / "Give the Polytechnics a Chance", says UNILAG Professor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Messed Me Up by Megvikky: 8:51am On Jan 23, 2007
I made LAG my first choice 2 study accountancy with 255 n had 45 in my post ume,but still i wasnt granted any admission n i even went ahead to fill d change of course form 2 English and now the supplementary list is out but yet nothing but av decided 2 take anoda jamb form but incase any nairalander gets an info dis is my jamb nos 63116373CC and my mobile nos 08029146435.pls i want nairalanders 2 kip me informed so i dont miss out incase anoda list koms out. Tanx
Re: Unilag Messed Me Up by Maneater1(f): 9:09am On Jan 23, 2007
You will grow old waiting for lists.
i graduated from unilag in 2005.

i enetered as a diploma student in accounting but ended up raeding english.
despite the fact that i passed my diploma exams, there was opening for only 50 students in accounts yr2 but they had admitted 200 for diploma thats why they had to toss some people in arts dept.

they way forward in a school like unilag is to bribe. alwyas have a planB or insurance, instead of sitting at home thinking uv passed you have to follow up on it and go to unilag all the time and start bribing people at the senate that handle jamb scores or better ask one of your parents to go and see the vc, dvc or a dean or professor.

take advise from someone that endured 5 horrible yrs in the school. kiss
Re: Unilag Messed Me Up by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ Poster, accept my sympathy.

I know a person with 65% post jamb result, putting in for English language. Cut-off for the Merit list is 63, but those that put names on list already had their pre-meditated list. He changed course for Creative Arts that has about 58 as cutt-off and yet, second list or supplementary whatever was out without his name in whether English language or Creative Arts.

My second point is this; ignore any body here asking you to call any number for assistance, it is only a way of making their survivals from you.

In conclusion, please understand that candidates applying for admission are about 200% over the admission capacity NATIONWIDE. As a result, privy officers to admission issues will only resolve to 'those who really need it should really wheel it'. This is Nigeria and I pray you understand the figurative term in quote. From what I saw at OAU during the Post-jamb exams, I told close persons who wrote it; 'GAME OVER'.

My advice is that you should obtain any part-time form and in no time, you would be done, sincerely.
I met a lady at OAU and she declared to me it was her 7th time, writing JAMB exam. I told her that if she had done part-time, she would have had HND from any polytechnic by then.

Writing JAMB exams for those who do not have money or know somebody is a waste of his/her precious LIFETIME.

I already sympathize with you once, I won't a second time!

I care.

(1) (Reply)

Online Ucas Application / ASUU May Call Off Strike Soon / Please Need Helpkindly Let Me Know If P-degree Form Is Available In Any School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.