Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,743 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Premier League!! Arsenal V Manchester City On Sunday 4PM - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Premier League!! Arsenal V Manchester City On Sunday 4PM (503 Views)

U20 AFCON: Flying Eagles Battle Mali For Final Ticket. Today 4pm / England Premier League- Arsenal Vs Tottenham (drop Your Prediction & Win 2,000) / English Premiere League: Arsenal (2-0) West Bromwich Albion 25/09/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Premier League!! Arsenal V Manchester City On Sunday 4PM by Techpady: 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2017

The race for the top four will take another pivotal turn on Sunday as Arsenal host Manchester City at the Emirates Stadium.

The hosts have slipped down to sixth place courtesy of a poor run of form before the international break, while Man City sit seven points better off in third.

This is surely the lowest point yet ofWenger’s long reign. Pressure on him to stand down at the end of the season has reached unprecedented levels, and it seems for the first time as if the majority of the Arsenal fans are now in the ‘Wenger Out’ camp.

TheGunnershave suffered four defeats in their last five Premier League games – their worst ever run of form underWenger– and in the meantime they were also humiliated on the European stage by a 10-2 aggregate loss at the hands ofBayern Munich.

Such form has seen them slump to sixth in the table – only the second time in Premier League history that they have been outside the top five in April – and just as damagingly has created a civil war of sorts amongst supporters.

City,however, come into this weekend’s match in much better shape than their hosts and, while Guardiola has said for some time that Chelsea are out of reach, second place is still very much in their sights with a two-point gap separating them from Tottenham Hotspur.

Back-to-back draws – the last of which was a breathless and frantic stalemate with Liverpool before the international break – have harmed their chances, though, and the fixture list does not make particularly good reading over the closing stages of the campaign.

After Sunday’s trip to the Emirates Stadiumthey will return to London on Wednesday to face the runaway league leaders Chelsea, while they must also take on Manchester United before the season is over– not forgetting their continued participation in the FA Cup.

Team News-

Arsenalcould finally welcomeOzilback into the starting XI following a six-week spell on the sidelines.

However, the Gunners do have injury concerns elsewhere, withPetr Cechruled out due to a calf injury andLucas Perezunavailable because of a thigh problem.

CitytrioKevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling and Pablo Zabaletaall suffered injury scares during the international break but have recovered in time for the weekend and should be available for selection.

Bacary Sagnahas also overcome a groin strain, leaving long-term absentees Ilkay Gundogan and Gabriel Jesus as Guardiola’s only injury concerns.

Arsenal possible starting lineup:
Ospina; Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal; Xhaka, Elneny, Ramsey, Ozil, Sanchez; Giroud
Man City possible starting lineup:
Caballero; Fernandinho, Stones, Otamendi, Clichy; Sterling, De Bruyne, Toure, Silva, Sane; Aguero

Who are you tipping to win this tough match? Drop Your Predictions Below!!!

Source http://TechPaded.Tk
Re: Premier League!! Arsenal V Manchester City On Sunday 4PM by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
I can't afford to miss this match.Hopefully my team will win#Manutd.
Re: Premier League!! Arsenal V Manchester City On Sunday 4PM by babyfaceafrica: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2017
Lolz.. and over 2.5
Re: Premier League!! Arsenal V Manchester City On Sunday 4PM by Omoluabi16(m): 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
I can't afford to miss this match.Hopefully my team will win#Manutd.
When we say make women dey siddon for kitchen. Shey man utd no play draw today?
Re: Premier League!! Arsenal V Manchester City On Sunday 4PM by ReneeNuttall(f): 6:48pm On Apr 01, 2017
Omoluabi16:
When we say make women dey siddon for kitchen. Shey man utd no play draw today?

If them play draw nko,na them start to play draw?
Re: Premier League!! Arsenal V Manchester City On Sunday 4PM by Omoluabi16(m): 6:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

If them play draw nko,na them start to play draw?
calm down, I be man utd fan too. But you said you hope we win..when the game ended hours ago.
Re: Premier League!! Arsenal V Manchester City On Sunday 4PM by ReneeNuttall(f): 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
[quote author=Omoluabi16 post=55169532] calm down, I be man utd fan too. But you said you hope we win..when the game ended hours ago.[/quote

That message was typed long before now.I actually put off my data immediately after typing, guess it wasn't sent until I put it on again.
Re: Premier League!! Arsenal V Manchester City On Sunday 4PM by Omoluabi16(m): 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2017
[quote author=ReneeNuttall post=55169738][/quote] ok.. you know your football.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Chelsea Stars Takes The Lead For PFA Player Of The Year Award / 8 Takeaways From Manchester United’s Impressive 2-0 Win Over Chelsea / High Tension Cable Electrocutes Over 30 In Calabar In Football Viewing Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.