Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,094 members, 7,849,420 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:08 PM

People Are Afraid Of The Internet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Are Afraid Of The Internet (590 Views)

Anti-corruption Fight: Only Corrupt People Afraid of PMB - Kashamu / Inside The Most Dangerous Prison Where Guards Are Afraid To Enter / Even Boko Haram Are Afraid Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

People Are Afraid Of The Internet by kbriggs: 2:10am On Dec 26, 2009
I cried bitterly after experiencing serious online fraud that nearly took my life and i whispered to my self after much condolences from my co online investors and even my village people who knew about several feats i achieved since i joined the internet that it wont happen again. After much pampering from my wife and children i came back to life. I, resolved to fate after looking at the bright face of my daughter and the weak smiles of my wife. I got to my feat and decided that i will go back to the internet but swore that i will fight online scam wherever i see it and that solved it until yesterday when a friend of mine bumped into my sitting room crying at the astonishment of my wife and kid with my two visitors. i was so embarrassed that i had to start calming him down even without asking what makes him cry. Before i could say Jack Robinson, my friend held me to the collar and warned me with deep agony in his voice to run away from the internet. For more than 5hours, i and my wife with my visitor were calming him. But do you know what? my friend lost 1million dollars in online scam. This is breath taking. Please i want to solicit to my co naira landers to please suggest how we can deal with this people. the issue is that you may think it won't come your way but mark my word, any body who does genuine online transaction is at risk because they come in different ways, My friend was scammed by a company he has transacted with for six months NOT KNOWING THAT they were scheming him. why can't people raise honest sites that will ensure a little safety in online biz.Bring your own contributions to the platform IF YOU THINK THERE IS A WAY.
Re: People Are Afraid Of The Internet by Alxmyr(m): 4:31am On Dec 26, 2009
Do background and offline check before you transact any online business. If you are purchasing anything, get a reputable company handle inspection of such, company like SGS will avail you of their services. Avoid any get rich quick transactions. Buy more of services than goods and if need be avoid used goods. Get special cards for your online payments. check and double-check links of the website. Avoid transaction of businesses with huge some of money without opening L/C. Ask for FOB method of payment, Good luck next time
Re: People Are Afraid Of The Internet by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:18pm On Dec 26, 2009
people are scammed mostly online only because of GREED, they refuse to go through the right channel. grin

(1) (Reply)

Govt. Sud Legalise Gun / Chapelle.s=igweojoto / Airport Screening: Fec Approves N488m For 10 Body Scanners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.