Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

"The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? (6661 Views)

Children Of God Are Peacemakers 1 / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / What Does The Bible Mean That , ‘the Fool Says In His Heart, ‘there Is No God”? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2017
What does the Bible mean when it says, "The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God'"? Is atheism foolish? Are all atheists fools?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by felixomor: 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
Yes.

1 Like

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hemartins(m): 7:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
It's logical from your premises, YES.
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by QueenSuccubus(f): 7:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What does the Bible mean when it says, "The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God'"? Is atheism foolish? Are all atheists fools?

What verse in the Bible?
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by generalbush(m): 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
Op... they will invade this thread and come for you..

Just like hungry wolves!! cheesy cheesy

They will call you a slave without logical reasoning!!

Even the ones that can't afford a 3 square meal cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
generalbush:
Even the ones that can't afford a 3 square meal cheesy
I'm curious
what led to this?

2 Likes

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by generalbush(m): 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2017
[s]
hopefulLandlord:

I'm curious

what led to this?
[/s]

wink

1 Like

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
A Resounding YES!!
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

What verse in the Bible?
. . . . . . PSALM 14:1
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by lazsnaira(m): 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2017
ATHEISTS are not fools and they are NOT really doubting the existence of GOD! ...they are just curious cats who want to SEE GOD FACE TO FACE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm curious

what led to this?
. .
. . just some random guy who does not believe in God.... just dey look my broda! GOD IS ALIVE, MERCIFUL AND GREAT!! Halleluyah!!!
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2017
generalbush:
[s][/s]
wink
I thought as much
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by generalbush(m): 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I thought as much

K
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by Niflheim(m): 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2017
@op,

The verse from your bible is the "claim"!!! You can prove whether it's true or not by interviewing people like Richard Branson(Virgin Atlantic), Linus Torvalds(Linux) and Neil de grasses Tyson!!!
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by Mummyjoy: 9:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
I think atheists are worst than fools, if the Bible qualified a thought as foolishness, how much more an open declaration that there's no God

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by lepasharon(f): 11:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
Mummyjoy:
I think atheists are worst than fools, if the Bible qualified a thought as foolishness, how much more an open declaration that there's no God

Atheists are not as foolish as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn81nLNkEgI

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by MuttleyLaff: 7:53am On Apr 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What does the Bible mean when it says,
"The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God'"?
The Bible, by that statement means,
anyone who has come to a conclusion in the mind,
as a result of consideration(s) in the heart that there's no ''power authority and influence'' (i.e. God)
then such, in this context, lack good judgement and have a wisdom problem, thus made a bad and foolish decision.

So hence in this regard, the bible calling a spade a spade and without beating about the bush,
says any who have concluded and decided in the heart that there's no ''power authority and influence'' (i.e. God) is not wise
but has to be foolish to harbour doubts about the existence of a ''power authority and influence'' (i.e. God)

Entertaining ludicrous thoughts, that there's no ''power authority and influence'' (i.e. God), is foolery.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
An ignorant fool will put tomato in a fruit bowl or fruit salad

OLAADEGBU:
Is atheism foolish?
Atheism is foolish
Whenever you make good decision, you are called wise
whenever bad decisions, are made over any particular matter, it is termed foolish

OLAADEGBU:
Are all atheists fools?
This isnt covering all cases or instances
because all atheists are fools,
only in the context of concluding and deciding in the heart that there's no ''power authority and influence'' (i.e. God)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by frank317: 7:59am On Apr 02, 2017
At least athesits don't eat grass or drink rat poison, or dedicate 80% of their time worshipping an imaginary being or give allow themselves to get scammed by God of men or or accept they are not worthy, or worship a dead Jew or..If not doing all these will make me a fool, then i am gladly a fool.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 8:11am On Apr 02, 2017
Toooo Much Fallacies in that empty rhetoric Christians spill from that verse in that book of theirs

"The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.' They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good." (Psalms 14:1)

Fallacies committed:

ad hominem fallacy : An argument is discounted based on attacking the character of the person making the argument. ("He is wrong when he says there is no God, because he is a fool." )

strawman fallacy : Arguing against a position by creating a different, weaker, or irrelevant position and refuting that position instead of the original. ("There is no God" misrepresents "There isn't sufficient evidence that God exists." )

circular reasoning : The truth of the conclusion is assumed in order to justify the premises. ("The fool says there is no God, because anyone who says there is no God is a fool." )

begging the question : The argument creates a secondary proposition that is related to the primary proposition, which requires a similar argument that is missing. (The existence of God is assumed, while addressing propositions of whether God exists.)

fallacy of inconsistency : The argument is inconsistent with other arguments within the same context.
In the Christian context, Jesus commands against the invective in Psalms 14:1, warning that
"whoever says 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire" in Matthew 5:22.

special pleading : The inappropriate attribution of emotive functions to objects that do not have that capability. (Hearts are not capable of "knowing" or of feeling emotions.)

redundancy : Psalm 53 is identical to Psalm 14.

questionable premise : It is obviously not the case that all atheists do nothing but bad deeds. This premise is invalidated by a single example of an atheist doing a single charitable act.

those are the different fallacies committed by just one verse

lmao!

Edit:

source

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by MuttleyLaff: 8:24am On Apr 02, 2017
frank317:
At least athesits don't eat grass or drink rat poison, or dedicate 80% of their time worshipping an imaginary being or give allow themselves to get scammed by God of men or or accept they are not worthy, or worship a dead Jew or..
If not doing all these will make me a fool, then i am gladly a fool.
Everyone has made a fool of themselves at one time or the other
Everyone makes bad judgements
Everyone now or then takes wrong decisions
but this is related to the existence of a ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God) context only,

It is related to accepting or admitting the existence of a ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)
and that criterion has nothing to do with eating grass, drinking rat poison, getting scammed etcetera

The only condition that must be fulfilled in the bible, in order to be certified and qualified to be called a fool,
is to refuse to accept and/or admit the existence of the true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

1 Like

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by analice107: 8:34am On Apr 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Do you want me to hit your head with a brick before you know they are?
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by Strawman: 8:38am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Toooo Much Fallacies in that empty rhetoric Christians spill from that verse in that book of theirs

"The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.' They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good." (Psalms 14:1)

Fallacies committed:

ad hominem fallacy : An argument is discounted based on attacking the character of the person making the argument. ("He is wrong when he says there is no God, because he is a fool." )

strawman fallacy : Arguing against a position by creating a different, weaker, or irrelevant position and refuting that position instead of the original. ("There is no God" misrepresents "There isn't sufficient evidence that God exists." )

circular reasoning : The truth of the conclusion is assumed in order to justify the premises. ("The fool says there is no God, because anyone who says there is no God is a fool." )

begging the question : The argument creates a secondary proposition that is related to the primary proposition, which requires a similar argument that is missing. (The existence of God is assumed, while addressing propositions of whether God exists.)

fallacy of inconsistency : The argument is inconsistent with other arguments within the same context.
In the Christian context, Jesus commands against the invective in Psalms 14:1, warning that
"whoever says 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire" in Matthew 5:22.

special pleading : The inappropriate attribution of emotive functions to objects that do not have that capability. (Hearts are not capable of "knowing" or of feeling emotions.)

redundancy : Psalm 53 is identical to Psalm 14.

questionable premise : It is obviously not the case that all atheists do nothing but bad deeds. This premise is invalidated by a single example of an atheist doing a single charitable act.

lmao!

Whenever you copy a post from somewhere else, always make reference to the source to avoid being guilty of plagiarism. wink http://freelink.wildlink.com/fallacy.php

3 Likes

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by analice107: 8:41am On Apr 02, 2017
lazsnaira:
ATHEISTS are not fools and they are NOT really doubting the existence of GOD! ...they are just curious cats who want to SEE GOD FACE TO FACE.
This is why they are fools. Going by your perspective, "They want to see God face to face". Isn't it a fool who keeps demanding to see a Spirit face to face?

This is utter foolishness.
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 8:42am On Apr 02, 2017
Strawman:

Whenever you copy a post from somewhere else, always make reference to the source to avoid being guilty of plagiarism. wink http://freelink.wildlink.com/fallacy.php

Kingebukasblog wannabe

talk about the message

1 Like

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by MuttleyLaff: 8:43am On Apr 02, 2017
Strawman:
Whenever you copy a post from somewhere else, always make reference to the source to avoid being guilty of plagiarism. wink h t tp ://freelink.wildlink.com/fallacy.php

An extension of the foolishness,
bad behaviour & bad decision making
Kikikiki

1 Like

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by analice107: 8:47am On Apr 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

This isnt covering all cases or instances
because all atheists are fools,
only in the context of concluding and deciding in the heart that there's no ''power authority and influence'' (i.e. God)

But is there any atheist who hasn't concluded and decided in his/her heart that there's no "power authority and influence" (i.e. God)?
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by Strawman: 8:50am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Kingebukasblog wannabe

talk about the message

So anyone who cordially advises someone to stop plagiarising is a "Kingebukasblog wannabe"? That just makes him a good example to follow grin

You've posted that stuff at least 3 times since last year, each time masquerading it as a new post just to garner 'likes'. Don't be butthurt I caught you, just take correction and make reference next time. wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 8:53am On Apr 02, 2017
Strawman:

So anyone who cordially advises someone to stop plagiarising is a "Kingebukasblog wannabe"? That just makes him a good example to follow grin

You've posted that stuff at least 3 times since last year, each time masquerading it as a new post just to garner 'likes'. Don't be butthurt I caught you, just take correction and make reference next time. wink

Kingebukasblog googles every post I make, maybe you'll also go that route

oh! you caught me

I masqueraded it as a new post?

Hahahahahahahahaha abeg swerve

you got anything to say about the message?

1 Like

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by hopefulLandlord: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2017
what's funny is that no one has anything to say about the message
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by MuttleyLaff: 9:08am On Apr 02, 2017
analice107:
But is there any atheist who hasn't concluded and decided in his/her heart that there's no "power authority and influence" (i.e. God)?
It is not covering all cases or instances of atheists' lives
because atheists are smart, intelligent, clever, witty and wise in a range of other things
They are wise in their own right
BUT,
note ''but'' is in capitals for purpose of emphasis,
again, BUT, the atheists' Achilles heel, fault and shortcoming is the failure to accept
and/or to admit the existence of the true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

The ''fool'' criterion has nothing to do with eating grass, drinking rat poison, getting scammed etcetera but centres on
not meeting an expected standard of accepting & admitting the existence of the true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

On this premise and criterion alone (i.e. not covering all cases or instances of atheists' lives), is when atheists are deemed fools,
out of lack of wisdom, to make a right, correct & good decision
on acknowledging the existence of the true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)
Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by MuttleyLaff: 10:51am On Apr 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

"The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God.' They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good."
(Psalms 14:1)

Fallacies committed:

ad hominem fallacy:
An argument is discounted based on attacking the character of the person making the argument.
("He is wrong when he says there is no God, because he is a fool." )
It is calling a spade a spade and without beating about the bush

Entertaining ludicrous thoughts, that, there's no ''power authority and influence'' (i.e. God), is flirting with foolery.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
Putting tomato in a fruit bowl or fruit salad, will make you an ignorant fool
Nothing personal, nothing to do with ad hominem,
but just a plain fact and an unadulterated truth

hopefulLandlord:
strawman fallacy:
Arguing against a position by creating a different, weaker, or irrelevant position and refuting that position instead of the original. ("There is no God" misrepresents "There isn't sufficient evidence that God exists." )
Locked inside the echo chamber of a polarized mind

hopefulLandlord:
circular reasoning:
The truth of the conclusion is assumed in order to justify the premises.
("The fool says there is no God, because anyone who says there is no God is a fool." )
Consistent reasoning, thats why there is a corroborative chapter using the same type of thinking and witnessing another one

hopefulLandlord:
begging the question:
The argument creates a secondary proposition that is related to the primary proposition, which requires a similar argument that is missing.
(The existence of God is assumed, while addressing propositions of whether God exists.)
Living in denial without even knowing it

hopefulLandlord:
fallacy of inconsistency:
The argument is inconsistent with other arguments within the same context.
"whoever says 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire" in Matthew 5:22
Matthew 5:22 is of a completely different context to Psalms 14:1?
God is exempt from Matthew 5:22 anyway
and when or if maybe, God is free and can certify, qualify or call atheists or anyone else for that matter fools

hopefulLandlord:
special pleading:
The inappropriate attribution of emotive functions to objects that do not have that capability.
(Hearts are not capable of "knowing" or of feeling emotions.)
Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life
(i.e. for everything you do flows from it)
- Proverbs 4:23

The good man brings good things out of the good treasure of his heart,
and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil treasure of his heart.
For out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks

- Luke 6:45

Seeing Proverbs 4:23 and Luke 6:45 above, now you ought to less conceited and become wiser knowing that,
it's out of the abundance of the heart first, then processed in the brain or mind, before the mouth speaks

hopefulLandlord:
redundancy:
Psalm 53 is identical to Psalm 14.
Not redundacy but reinforcing.
Psalm 53 is corroborating Psalm 14 and bearing witness to it

hopefulLandlord:
questionable premise:
It is obviously not the case that all atheists do nothing but bad deeds.
This premise is invalidated by a single example of an atheist doing a single charitable act
The premise and only criterion (i.e. not covering all cases or instances of atheists' lives or good deeds), to certify and qualify atheists as fools,
is the failure to accept and/or to admit the existence of the true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

hopefulLandlord:
Maybe in fantasy land, there will be different fallacies committed by just one verse.

hopefulLandlord:
lmao!
The joke's on you

hopefulLandlord:
Edit:
Edited with source
after you got caught with hand in the cookie jar & lips smeared with incriminating jam

hopefulLandlord:
Kingebukasblog googles every post I make, maybe you'll also go that route
oh! you caught me
I masqueraded it as a new post?
Hahahahahahahahaha abeg swerve

you got anything to say about the message?
Already done
- your wish was the command

hopefulLandlord:
what's funny is that no one has anything to say about the message
Smugly complacent. SMH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? by analice107: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
It is not covering all cases or instances of atheists' lives
because atheists are smart, intelligent, clever, witty and wise in a range of other things
They are wise in their own right
BUT,
note ''but'' is in capitals for purpose of emphasis,
again, BUT, the atheists' Achilles heel, fault and shortcoming is the failure to accept
and/or to admit the existence of the true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

The ''fool'' criterion has nothing to do with eating grass, drinking rat poison, getting scammed etcetera but centres on
not meeting an expected standard of accepting & admitting the existence of the true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

On this premise and criterion alone (i.e. not covering all cases or instances of atheists' lives), is when atheists are deemed fools,
out of lack of wisdom, to make a right, correct & good decision
on acknowledging the existence of the true and one only ''power authority & influence'' (i.e. God)

yeah, they are wise in their own eyes. BUT...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Cunnilingus Between Husband And Wife A Sin? / What If Christianity Was A Sham? / Supreme Vikings Confratanity ( S.v.c)aro-mate( Gyration )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.