Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,477 members, 7,850,651 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:47 AM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (1206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1751205 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) ... (2177) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2019
theoneJabulani:
the charger is ok, it charges fast. The problem is that the battery isn't lasting as long as it should. I used to get about 6 hours on heavy usage, now I barely get 3 hours

I would suggest, you use another charging cable + charger brick....

If problem persists, your battery is probably the faulty culprit......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sacredlily(f): 11:33am On Sep 17, 2019
Pls my gud people. I got my Umidigi A5 Pro delivered through jumia xpress yesterday.
But the issue am having with the phone is network problem. Am using airtel 4G but it's only my WhatsApp that is going through. Every other application is not connecting. Both Facebook, chrome, opera browser etc.
The response I keep getting why trying is 'reload there is no network connection.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2019
theoneJabulani:
My A3PRO Battery has gone rogue. Any suggestions

Try changing ur charging brick. I noticed with fast chargers the SOT is less than when u charge with normal 2.0a chargers. Did u change ur charging brick?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:48am On Sep 17, 2019
sacredlily:
Pls my gud people. I got my Umidigi A5 Pro delivered through jumia xpress yesterday.
But the issue am having with the phone is network problem. Am using airtel 4G but it's only my WhatsApp that is going through. Every other application is not connecting. Both Facebook, chrome, opera browser etc.
The response I keep getting why trying is 'reload there is no network connection.

Have you looked at your apn settings?....

Simply input the right apn settings and all would start connecting........ wink

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by theoneJabulani(m): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2019
saint2ace:

Try changing ur charging brick. I noticed with fast chargers the SOT is less than when u charge with normal 2.0a chargers. Did u change ur charging brick?
I don't understand. This is the charger I use. So you mean I should get a slower one.

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2019
sacredlily:

Go to settings, network & internet, mobile network, click on Airtel if u're using dual SIM, click on advanced, click access point names then choose the APN that ends with airtel.com and not zain.com . Save and exit that should solve ur problem

3 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 11:57am On Sep 17, 2019
theoneJabulani:
I don't understand. This is the charger I use. So you mean I should get a slower one.

Try using a slower charger or better still stick to ur follow come charger

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by theoneJabulani(m): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
saint2ace:

Try using a slower charger or better still stick to ur follow come charger
the follow come charger got burnt, I will try slower onea
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sacredlily(f): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2019
saint2ace:

Go to settings, network & internet, mobile network, click on Airtel if u're using dual SIM, click on advanced, click access point names then choose the APN that ends with airtel.com and not zain.com . Save and exit that should solve ur problem
Lexusgs430:

Have you looked at your apn settings?....

Simply input the right apn settings and all would start connecting........ wink
It's working perfectly now.
Thank u all.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2019
theoneJabulani:
the follow come charger got burnt, I will try slower onea

Try it and give us feedback
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mizik(m): 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
sleemoon:

Damn... F2 dun pass my budget.. But wif my specs...,, guess ll go for Xiaomi MIA3 den.. Buh dis F2 enter my eye no b small
mi a3 would have better camera's but not necessarily a better processor sad
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mizik(m): 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2019
sacredlily:
its a very simple thing...its an airtel issue...change ur apn to internet.airtel.ng

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mizik(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
theoneJabulani:
sighs...this charger might be the culprit...sorry to say but ur battery may be faulty...
When i was using superd d1 and i got one fake oriamo 3A charger... After a while of use the battery started swelling embarassed....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
sacredlily:
It's working perfectly now.
Thank u all.

Still awaiting your honest reviews........ cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Gazzy88(m): 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Umidigi a5 pro is a great phone that every seemingly problems is just a simple solution away. With only the poor camera which had been worked on in their previous OTA.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Naijaarchive(m): 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2019
Mizik:
its helio P70.. Wished it was better...but not bad.... I don miss Umidigi sad
Hmmmm... I really want to see an umidigi with a snapdragon....

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ityP(m): 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
Mizik:
mi a3 would have better camera's but not necessarily a better processor sad

But better GPU.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ityP(m): 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2019
Naijaarchive:

Hmmmm... I really want to see an umidigi with a snapdragon....

Not in the nearest future
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2019
Gazzy88:
Umidigi a5 pro is a great phone that every seemingly problems is just a simple solution away. With only the poor camera which had been worked on in their previous OTA.

Umidigi seems to have a fascination with releasing OTA's to fix, rather than release out of the box, the best possible situation.......

Not unless best is truly a subjective term, in Umidigi's world..........

You can have the best hardware, but what is a good hardware, with crappy software optimization........

We know sw optimization is a cash intensive agenda, which they probably don't have.......... grin

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sulasa07(m): 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Umidigi seems to have a fascination with releasing OTA's to fix, rather than release out of the box, the best possible situation.......

You can have the best hardware, but what is a good hardware, with crappy software optimization........

We know sw optimization is a cash intensive agenda, which they probably don't have.......... grin
Oga Lexus,tell Umidigi we need a correct OTA this time,since the last update,I've noticed
1;I have to put my phone on loudspeaker during most call
2;My phone doesn't charge as fast as b4,I've been changing the cable but I noticed it's not the cable but it seems the last update bleeped everything up.Please,I need the update to fix my phone to continue its fast charging process again.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mizik(m): 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
ityP:

But better GPU.
maybe but based on my experience,it may not perform better...
My nokia X5 with Helio p60 perfromed better than my Redmi note 7 in games all through...
And if you can check gsmarena the Gpu of the Sd665 is not so much better than SD660....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2019
ityP:

Not in the nearest future

What did you say........ grin

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by noobody(m): 3:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustack: 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Your love for cats is alarming.. is like you want to ensure your timely death is seen with your precious eyes...
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2019
Mustack:

Your love for cats is alarming.. is like you want to ensure your timely death is seen with your precious eyes...

You say......

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ityP(m): 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

What did you say........ grin

I doubt this phone saw the light of day
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2019
ityP:

I doubt this phone saw the light of day

If you ask me, nah who i go ask........

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ityP(m): 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2019
Mizik:
maybe but based on my experience,it may not perform better...
My nokia X5 with Helio p60 perfromed better than my Redmi note 7 in games all through...
And if you can check gsmarena the Gpu of the Sd665 is not so much better than SD660....

SD665 comes with adreno 610 GPU. Much more better than the Adreno 512 on the RN7. Plus, unlike the RN7, Mi A3 doesn't come with MiUi, it's almost stock. That alone should give better performance all round compared to the F2
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ityP(m): 4:20pm On Sep 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:

If you ask me, nah who i go ask........

grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by generaljosh1(m): 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2019
Can someone pls recommend a good seller of UMIDIGI A5 PRO with fast shipping and delivery on aliexpress. their official store is just wack, i ordered d 1st one, 60 days no shipment,2nd one is counting again.

CC: Lexusgs430
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
generaljosh1:
Can someone pls recommend a good seller of UMIDIGI A5 PRO with fast shipping and delivery on aliexpress. their official store is just wack, i ordered d 1st one, 60 days no shipment,2nd one is counting again.

CC: Lexusgs430

Have you considered Jumia?

It's about 6K more expensive, but you get item within 24 hours........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by mobolai: 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
Naijaarchive:

grin grin People can't withstand the glowing after the cleaning... Try nd see cheesy
Can I try this on my UmiA5Pro cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) ... (2177) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.