Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (1686) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1737649 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) ... (2176) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
OptimisticRock:
Hello guys! So I recently took a gamble and decided to try out the Umidigi A7 pro after following this thread for a while. Here is my review/impressions about the phone thus far;

1. Design/Build quality: I got the cosmic black version. The design is sleek and has a nice glossy back finish. It has a nice heft to it which I like (You will definitely feel something has left your body if awon boys decide to be funny).

The back design follows the trendy quad camera setup which I find generic. The supplied case should serve you well. It is has a coarse feel which makes the phone easier to grip. You can one hand it but occasionally have to use two.

2. Os/Performance: It is smooth! Android 10 is really a delight to use. Dark mode combined with nova launcher makes actions feel really snappy. Almost pixel-esque. There is the occasional lag here and there, but I can't complain for the price.

I have heard one is the drawbacks of Umidigi phones is no OS updates. However, I don't feel it is much of an issue as the android OS is now mature and future iterations will just be minimal adjustments(Android 11 is just small tweaks over android 10 really)

If you plan to use this phone for heavy gaming at max settings etc, don't get your hopes too high. It can handle a few light games here and there, nothing major like you would get from higher budgets. Heavier title should work on lower settings.

All apps run quick and snappy. Multitasking is relatively okay and Duraspeed helps.

3.Call reception/Connection: Clear call quality, average reception. Data speed is hit and miss for me. But I won't be too critical because network reception is dependent on location. My Glo and Airtel work just fine but could be better.

4.Camera: I feel this is one of the weak points of the phone. The camera is bang avearge. Maybe using a Google pixel for a long time has really elevated my standard for mobile photography. With good lighting, you can get okay pictures to share on whatsapp etc but don't expect extraordinary imagines. At least pictures do not like they were taken on a potato.

Video call quality is also okay. Works fine.

5.Battery: Battery power is decent. But for 4000+mah battery, I think it should be better. I was able to get about 10hrs screen on time using WiFi on flight mode while surfing the internet and using different apps. The mtk chipset isn't as power effecient as snapdragon so I guess that explains why.

5:Sound output: Bottom speaker is loud and clear, mic works well. I found audio output via wired earphones lacking though. Volume sound a bit low even at max level.

Tldr: Umidigi A7 pro is a very good phone that gives you bang for your buck! I doubt if any phone presently on the market gives as much value for what you pay for. If you are a functional user and casual gamer do not hesitate to purchase one.

Bang on important details...... I can see you have thoroughly researched this thread and you clearly highlighted all issues, we have previously raised.......

Goes to show we are not Umidigi fanboys/girls, we type our truthful user experiences ......

3rd party apps are available, letting you manually take control of camera functionalities, improving your output/exposure (but not comparable to pixel)...... Pixel devices are in a class of their own, with no known rivals........

Apps such as - :
Proshot
ProCam X
One HW camera

Continually keep Umipeppering and umigingering, non umidigi users...... cheesy

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Wasumtin90: 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2020
saint2ace:

Remove proxy, port, username and password. Leave only network name and APN.

Everything should work well after that.
E don dey work thank you Senior man
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
Wasumtin90:

E don dey work thank you Senior man

Oya do quick drop reviews o....... We dey wait..... cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2020
Kingreign....... This one wey you dey always visit us so.......... Wetin you dey find....... grin

We no dey sell engine oil here o..... tongue
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by kingreign(m): 9:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Kingreign....... This one wey you dey always visit us so.......... Wetin you dey find....... grin

We no dey sell engine oil here o..... tongue

Bro, I am experiencing mid life crisis. I don't know if I should do a Nokia 7.2 or Samsung A50 or Xiaomi 9 or Umidigi A7 (all should be a minimum of 4/64 with 2K resolution and a good battery juice of minimum 4000mah)

I need an unbiased opinion on them.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by theoneJabulani(m): 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2020
Almost a year after I got my device, battery still as strong as day one and there is virtually no lagging at all. Umidigi is something else

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Wasumtin90: 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Oya do quick drop reviews o....... We dey wait..... cheesy
Working Smart , for me it's a good bargain for 42k a friend of mine bought infinix hot 9 play for 52k 2g RAM 32G ROM lol though this phone dey lag but it's perfect and my biggest fear is if the screen break NA GOBE no spare parts for naija that why I used two screens guard lol �
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by honey001(m): 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
kingreign:

Bro, I am experiencing mid life crisis. I don't know if I should do a Nokia 7.2 or Samsung A50 or Xiaomi 9 or Umidigi A7 (all should be a minimum of 4/64 with 2K resolution and a good battery juice of minimum 4000mah)

We plenty wey dey wait for the unbiased opinion oooh
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by kingreign(m): 9:22pm On Sep 03, 2020
honey001:

Hahahaha grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Bolubaba(m): 9:26pm On Sep 03, 2020
Is anyone using screen guard on his/her umidigi a7 pro?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by mattmogan88: 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
Bolubaba:
Is anyone using screen guard on his/her umidigi a7 pro?
am one of the LEGENDS that doesn't use screen guard ever since I started using smartphone cool

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
Wasumtin90:

Working Smart , for me it's a good bargain for 42k a friend of mine bought infinix hot 9 play for 52k 2g RAM 32G ROM lol though this phone dey lag but it's perfect and my biggest fear is if the screen break NA GOBE no spare parts for naija that why I used two screens guard lol �

Double screen guard ke........ That's a record.... cheesy

Transsion vs Umidigi = No be mate........ Umidigi nah BÀBÁ........ tongue
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
kingreign:

You no go enter Ìyá Basira's buka, dey for queue, when your turn reach, talk say you wan buy doughnut, salad and red wine......... cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:50pm On Sep 03, 2020
mattmogan88:
am one of the LEGENDS that doesn't use screen guard ever since I started using smartphone cool

Clash of the LEGENDS........... wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:51pm On Sep 03, 2020
honey001:

Every buyer on this thread, already dropped some form of reviews......... wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:55pm On Sep 03, 2020
kingreign:

If you are looking for old money - :

Umidigi Power
Umigidi S3 Pro
Umidigi X
Umidigi F1

New money - :

Umidigi S5 Pro
Umidigi Power 3
Umidigi F2
Umidigi Bison
Umidigi A7 Pro (don't know it's resolution).....

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by oluwatodimu1(m): 11:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
Wasumtin90:

This is my second umidigi device without screen guard (a3pro and a7pro) neither has even had a screen crack sef with moderate falls o...
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 12:16am On Sep 04, 2020
oluwatodimu1:

This is my second umidigi device without screen guard (a3pro and a7pro) neither has even had a screen crack sef with moderate falls o...

Shout louder, so those at the back can hear..... wink

Look after your device, it would also look after you in return.......... tongue
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by hersee(m): 12:27am On Sep 04, 2020
Guyz Please help a brother �

Get NGN 7,749.56 !
Your bonus is waiting to be activated.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqwTHvl
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mzleemah(f): 2:55am On Sep 04, 2020
It's almost a year and I am still enjoying my a5 pro, but this a7 pro dey enter eye
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:23am On Sep 04, 2020
Mzleemah:
It's almost a year and I am still enjoying my a5 pro, but this a7 pro dey enter eye

Nani667…...... Come hear something ó....... cheesy

Umidigi A7 get plenty sister's too......

Umidigi A7 Pro
Umidigi A7
Umidigi A7s

No be small matter.......... grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:31am On Sep 04, 2020
theoneJabulani:
Almost a year after I got my device, battery still as strong as day one and there is virtually no lagging at all. Umidigi is something else

The reason I stated a while ago, Samsung needs to ask Umidigi, how they managed to do it...... wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 8:21am On Sep 04, 2020
So i finally got my a7 pro yesterday from Redpanter1, smooth transaction from him. I salute you bro... I dey come with full review later... But from my 24hours of usage so far I'll say this device is spectacular �, camera, battery, build quality, display all great.

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by leadia(f): 8:56am On Sep 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Haba....... grin

Remember how you dey stalk this thread, before you buy this phone ó, dey find user reviews....... wink

Now wey Umidigi don dey Umipepper you.... You dey keep mute.......

Ok o...... tongue

just kidding I will drop reviews as soon as I start using it, right now I'm still on my old phone. Permission to send you whatsapp message for the camera apps?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by NaniOfficer: 8:56am On Sep 04, 2020
my umidigi a3 is stuck at fastboot mode

Please how can I exit? so It can go ahead and boot properly

Thanks
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by kingreign(m): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:

If you are looking for old money - :

Umidigi Power
Umigidi S3 Pro
Umidigi X
Umidigi F1

New money - :

Umidigi S5 Pro
Umidigi Power 3
Umidigi F2
Umidigi Bison
Umidigi A7 Pro (don't know it's resolution).....
Explain better pls and give reviews let's understand.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:52am On Sep 04, 2020
leadia:

just kidding I will drop reviews as soon as I start using it, right now I'm still on my old phone. Permission to send you whatsapp message for the camera apps?

Send ó..... cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:53am On Sep 04, 2020
NaniOfficer:
my umidigi a3 is stuck at fastboot mode

Please how can I exit? so It can go ahead and boot properly

Thanks

Just flash it....... Get ROM from Umidigi Community page.......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2020
Kennydollz:
So i finally got my a7 pro yesterday from Redpanter1, smooth transaction from him. I salute you bro... I dey come with full review later... But from my 24hours of usage so far I'll say this device is spectacular �, camera, battery, build quality, display all great.

You don jump, before we push you......... wink

We dey wait o........ grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by mattmogan88: 10:06am On Sep 04, 2020
I wan do small recharge card give away for all A7 PRO users but I don't know how to identify them cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by osic(m): 10:16am On Sep 04, 2020
mattmogan88:
I wan do small recharge card give away for all A7 PRO users but I don't know how to identify them cheesy

Well, let me identify myself for you.

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by oluwatodimu1(m): 10:18am On Sep 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Shout louder, so those at the back can hear..... wink

Look after your device, it would also look after you in return.......... tongue
Oga Lexus, una suppose dey do give away o

(1) (2) (3) ... (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) (1689) ... (2176) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.