Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (1774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1711709 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) ... (2175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2020
Dammyllionaire:
Hello my fellow Umidigi users, I noticed something on my phone today. Whenever I dial a number on my phone to make call, my phone screen went blind until the person on the other end cut off the call. What could cause this and what is the possible solution to it. Thanks.

Just to add to what our lecturers have said above, check for update, just incase you haven't updated cos there was an update that fixed this particular bug
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sandammy(m): 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2020
Lexusgs430 I tried to place order for the Umidigi Bison on AliExpress, it's telling me the product can't be shipped to my address. Hope this won't be so on the 16th
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
sandammy:
Lexusgs430 I tried to place order for the Umidigi Bison on AliExpress, it's telling me the product can't be shipped to my address. Hope this won't be so on the 16th

You also missed this lecture......... wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2020
sandammy:

Blame your post office staff, for stealing devices.......... wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Emily22(m): 9:09pm On Oct 13, 2020
sandammy:

Ship to Naija Ke......I trust Lexusgs430 and redpanther....u will surely see it on jumia
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sandammy(m): 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2020
Lexusgs430:

You also missed this lecture......... wink
I would love to be schooled sir
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by osic(m): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2020
11Anonymous:
How to flash a custom ROM on A5 pro.

1. Unlock bootloader
2. Flash TWRP
3. Flash ROM.

Requirements.

i. A PC.
ii. SP Flash tool v5.1924(latest version) (Download it).
iii. Required Drivers. ( Download it).
iv. Unlocked bootloader file. (Download it).
v. TWRP by Hadenix(Download it).
vi. MT6763 file in txt format (Download it).
vii. Disable verify file. It goes along with TWRP. (download it).
viii. Custom ROM. (Download it). I recommend Pixel experience. You can try out other ROMs if you like.

You can get all these files from the telegram channel. https ://t .me/umidigia5prochat. Just request for it.

There are to categories of ROMs
Treble ROMs and non Treble ROMs.
A5pro is a treble supported device, so you can flash Treble ROMs.

Before you flash a Treble ROM, you must flash Umidigi A5 pro treble vendor after unlocking the bootloader. Request it from the group chat.

Flashing non-Treble ROMs does not require you first flashing Treble Vendor.

The Pixel experience I talked about is the non-Treble ROM. There's is a treble ROM for it too, but I use the non-Treble Pixel Experience.

Steps to follow to flash.

1. Unlocking bootloader.
•Go to you phone settings≥ About phone, find build number and touch it 5 times to make you a developer.
•Go to settings > System > Advanced> developer's option, enable the option for OEM unlocking and USB debugging.

★Make sure you backup your apps and necessary files in your internal memory before this next step, cox your phone will be formatted.

On your PC
•Install the required drivers.
•Unzip the unlocked bootloader zip file.
•Connect your phone to the PC
•Open the unlocked bootloader file and run the batch file, your phone will reboot in fastboot mode and require you to press YES or No to unlock the bootloader.
•Press YES (Vol up).
All your data will be cleared i.e your phone will be formatted.

2. Flashing TWRP

•Put disable verify file in the root of your SD card and insert SD in your phone.
• Unzip SP Flash tool file on your PC.
•Unzip TWRP you downloaded.
Rename your TWRP img file by Hadenix to 'recovery' on your PC.
•Copy your scatter file to the folder where you have recovery img.
•Move the folder to SP Flash tool folder.
•In your SP Flash tool folder, click flash_tool to open the software.
•Under scatter loading file, look for the folder where your scatter file is and click it, and click open.
•You will see lots of green column pop up under download only.
•Tick ONLY recovery box and UNTICK the rest. (A strong warning). Don't be afraid sha, just tick only recovery box.
•Click download.
•Now connect your phone to your PC.
•Hold Vol down and power button Wait for the recovery to flash 100% it will show on your PC till you hear a disconnected sound and release your fingers.
•Disconnect the phone form the PC.
•Hold Vol up and power button, till the screen lights up, when the screen goes off release the buttons.
•Hold Vol down and power button, till the screen lights up, when the screen goes off release the buttons.
• Again, hold Vol up and power button, till the screen lights up, wait till it boots to your new recovery.

•It will ask you for password, at the bottom look for how to ignore.
•Click install.
•Look for your SD card among your list.
•Cick disable verify decrypt and flash it.

3. Flashing ROM.

★Backup your stock ROM incase you want to go back to your old ROM or your new one refused to boot, just a precaution that everyone that flashes ROM's follow
In the TWRP go to backup and slide to the right to backup.

•Put ROM in root of your SD card.
Wipe data and davilk.
Install the ROM from SD card.
And that's it.

@sulasa07 and others
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sulasa07(m): 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2020
osic:

@sulasa07 and others
Thank you,
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Dammyllionaire(m): 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2020
Kennydollz:

Just to add to what our lecturers have said above, check for update, just incase you haven't updated cos there was an update that fixed this particular bug

Pls, put me through the process of updating this phone. Thanks.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Dammyllionaire(m): 11:44pm On Oct 13, 2020
zxcvbnmlkjhgfds:

That's why we always advice una not to miss lectures! sad sad angry angry

Check like 3 pages back, this has been discussed! cool

Ok... I will do that but I haven't been chances. I will surely go through those pages tomorrow. Thanks bro.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Dammyllionaire(m): 11:46pm On Oct 13, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Umistudent, this topic been covered many times...... You need to read all your handouts..........

But to refresh your memory......

- Either tempered glass is blocking proximity sensor

- Head over to settings, type sensorhub, clear data and cache.......... cheesy

Thanks. Do u mean this?

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Sirfrederick(m): 12:54am On Oct 14, 2020
Who knows how to change font on a7 pro?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by BrickDevo: 1:02am On Oct 14, 2020
Sirfrederick:
Who knows how to change font on a7 pro?
Not possible unless you root your phone, but i don't recommend that
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Jefferyzz(m): 4:28am On Oct 14, 2020
I saw a 4600mah battery for a5 pro. Is this true?

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:54am On Oct 14, 2020
Jefferyzz:
I saw a 4600mah battery for a5 pro. Is this true?

It shall end in premium tears........... cheesy

If you crave for longevity of mah....... Get Umidigi Power 3....... wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kiaso(m): 6:13am On Oct 14, 2020
Fact1:
A11 pro for sale,,,,,,

79k,,,,,

Grab it now or never,,bonanza will soon finsh,,,cheesy

Even if you wan go attend lexus lecture and you don't hold a good phone you know that lexus nogo give you aoc for the examination,,,,grin,,,,

Buy it now

NO SUCH DEVICE AS UMI A11 PRO
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Hardeshyna(m): 6:32am On Oct 14, 2020
Kiaso:

U dun miss lecture also.... UMI F9 has been released sef
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 7:02am On Oct 14, 2020
Dammyllionaire:

Pls, put me through the process of updating this phone. Thanks.

Go to settings>>about phone>>wireless update (it's the first on the list) click check for updates. If there's an update download it and install, the fone guides you. The lastest update version is 3.0
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by jujukemist(m): 7:26am On Oct 14, 2020
House Pls I need help, why is my Airtel difficult to browse on my brand new a7pro...I am suspecting APN,but I need expert inputs.
My Glo browses well though
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by wolextayo: 8:16am On Oct 14, 2020
Of the greateast Umiversitarians!
For the fact that we don't go on strike in our Umiversity doesn't mean the VC, Senior Lecturers and other stakeholders should be quiet on the just concluded nationwide protest. Many student missed lectures just to make it happen.
On behalf of all protesters, I hereby appeal to the VC to help talk to Lecturers to pls attend to questions students especially new intakes ask concerning difficulty faced in some courses.

Signed : SUG Pro
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 14, 2020
Kiaso:

Huh,,, see this man,,,,cheesy

Just ask lexus he will shed more light,,,,,,,,grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by kaey10(m): 11:03am On Oct 14, 2020
which of the latest umidigi is on jumia store i wan buy oo
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 11:35am On Oct 14, 2020
wolextayo:
Of the greateast Umiversitarians!
On behalf of all protesters, I hereby appeal to the VC to help talk to Lecturers to pls attend to questions students especially new intakes ask concerning difficulty faced in some courses.

Signed : SUG Pro

First things first, when did election take place in this UmiVersity? angry angry
That been said, we salute the ruggedness, sagacity and tenacity of those who joined the protest both offline and online.

All requests for information are been met ASAP. Those who miss lecturers are refreshed but we always advice una to go an sin no more grin grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 11:45am On Oct 14, 2020
jujukemist:
House Pls I need help, why is my Airtel difficult to browse on my brand new a7pro...I am suspecting APN,but I need expert inputs.
My Glo browses well though

Change the APN to internet.ng. airtel.com
Leave the username and password blank
Homepage is www. airtel.com .Ng

Hope it works.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Dammyllionaire(m): 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2020
Kennydollz:

Go to settings>>about phone>>wireless update (it's the first on the list) click check for updates. If there's an update download it and install, the fone guides you. The lastest update version is 3.0

Thanks bro, I just finished updating my device.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Kennydollz(m): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2020
Dammyllionaire:

Thanks bro, I just finished updating my device.

You welcome bro, hope it's version 3.0 you're on now? Also is the issue fixed with calls black screen?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by eddiense: 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2020
Hello anybody with neatly used Umidigi A7 Pro for sell.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2020
Buy a Gibson and receive a free smartwatch........... cheesy

Gibson, it is then....... cheesy

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 14, 2020
Nawa even lexusgs430,,,,,, never ask for wetin i dey sell ,,,,,,, e b things sha,,,,,,,,,,maybe he's broke currently,,,,,,,,,,,,grin

. anyway,,,,, umidigi a11pro is available at 79k,,,,, we're just doing some bonanza,,,it will end soon,,,,,,,,,wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2020
Fact1:
Nawa even lexusgs430,,,,,, never ask for wetin i dey sell ,,,,,,, e b things sha,,,,,,,,,,maybe he's broke currently,,,,,,,,,,,,grin

. anyway,,,,, umidigi a11pro is available at 79k,,,,, we're just doing some bonanza,,,it will end soon,,,,,,,,,wink

Lexusgs430 is only cracked, he can never go broke.......... cheesy

Den dey enquire about air................ cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 14, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Lexusgs430 is only cracked, he can never go broke.......... cheesy

Den dey enquire about air................ cheesy

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,, a crack substance can break if care is not taken,,,,,,,,,grin wink,,

All is well sir,,,,cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) ... (2175) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.