Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1718755 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (2175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by 1234temi: 10:45am On Jan 10, 2019
khalidx:
which phone ?
a3 pro
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by 1234temi: 10:46am On Jan 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

If you put in a claim for refund, it is expected that the goods would be sent back to the retailer (if they do or not, I would not know)...........

I have never opened a postal dispute through AE before, others might have a better solution..

Fibonacci2526 is a PO pro......
just sick and tired cry
Lexusgs430:

If you put in a claim for refund, it is expected that the goods would be sent back to the retailer (if they do or not, I would not know)...........

I have never opened a postal dispute through AE before, others might have a better solution..

Fibonacci2526 is a PO pro......
just sick and tired
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Protein0: 10:49am On Jan 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Protein0, you can also help answer the custom question..... Since you too are peeping....... grin
choi cheesy

He can't win such dispute. It's clearly written on most product pages that custom duty payment is solely the responsibility of the buyer and as such dispute on such ground won't be entertained.

He has 2 options
1. Negotiate the duty and pay But it can't be removed completely at this juncture

2. Wait till the item is automatically returned or request the return of the shipment himself at the post office (to shorten the waiting time). Then he can apply for refund
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mizik(m): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Going forward, it might be a better option to patronize Jumia for Global orders..........

This Ali guy is truly hammering buyers......... It might even be a ploy to protect the markets of infinix and Tecno......

Very true.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mizik(m): 10:57am On Jan 10, 2019
ILoveToFuCcK:
why now??
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2019
Mizik:
Very true.

They are trying to fight back via taxation........ They might have suggested to Ali, ways to protect local markets (so called)........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by fibonacci2526: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2019
1234temi:
Guys, please I need your advice. After waiting since November, I got to the post office today and I was told to pay 8, 380 as custom duty before I can take ownership. me I don't have that kind of money. I want to open dispute, Ali express asked me to wait till 23/1/2019 before I can open dispute under the category not yet received goods or I can open dispute now under category I have received goods with different sub categories. but I haven't received the goods and I can't wait again. oga lexus please help me sir

The thing is your dispute will be thrown out because Alixpress will tell you to go to your PO to get your phone as it has arrived Nigeria as they can also track your item. That you were charged custom fee is literally not a ground to open dispute as it is clearly stated that the buyer is liable for any custom charge. Someone claimed he left his phone with them at the PO when he was slammed with a ridiculous fee and it was returned, you might want to try that but nothing is guaranteed.

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:01am On Jan 10, 2019
Protein0:
choi cheesy

He can't win such dispute. It's clearly written on most product pages that custom duty payment is solely the responsibility of the buyer and as such dispute on such ground won't be entertained.

He has 2 options
1. Negotiate the duty and pay But it can't be removed completely at this juncture

2. Wait till the item is automatically returned or request the return of the shipment himself at the post office (to shorten the waiting time). Then he can apply for refund

Yes Taxation is buyers responsibility, what about excessive taxation?

And what is the tax ratio?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Protein0: 11:05am On Jan 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Yes Taxation is buyers responsibility, what about excessive taxation?

And what is the tax ratio?
unfortunately, this is Nigeria.
Bringing the figures to near normal values was the aim of option 1
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:05am On Jan 10, 2019
fibonacci2526:

The thing is your dispute will be thrown out because Alixpress will tell you to go to your PO to get your phone as it has arrived Nigeria as they can also track your item. That you were charged custom fee is literally not a ground to open dispute as it is clearly stated that the buyer is liable for any custom charge. Someone claimed he left his phone with them at the PO when he was slammed with a ridiculous fee and it was returned, you might want to try that but nothing is guaranteed.

Buying a ₦30K phone and slammed a 30% import tax is a clear sign of protectionism.......

What is the legal import duty tax figure?

Consumer right should be challenging Ali...... Buy Nigeria to grow the ₦.......... What mobile phones are locally produced?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:07am On Jan 10, 2019
Protein0:
unfortunately, this is Nigeria.
Bringing the figures to near normal values was the aim of option 1

Which phone is locally produced?....
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by trychris: 11:22am On Jan 10, 2019
A3 PRO LANDED AFTER PLACING ORDER OFFICIALLY ON JUMIA ON THE SECOND THROUGH @Mizik! IT CAME IN YESTERDAY AFTER INTENSE MONITORING. NOW IT'S HERE WITH ME! cheesy

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 11:23am On Jan 10, 2019
1234temi:
a3 pro
Nawa for Ali and him boys o angry
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mizik(m): 11:25am On Jan 10, 2019
trychris:
A3 PRO LANDED AFTER PLACING ORDER OFFICIALLY ON JUMIA ON THE SECOND THROUGH @Mizik! IT CAME IN YESTERDAY AFTER INTENSE MONITORING. NOW IT'S HERE WITH ME! cheesy
Enjoy Your beautiful beast Sir cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 11:26am On Jan 10, 2019
trychris:
A3 pro users are trying to reach the numbers of the A3 users grin
Welcome to the Family bro
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:28am On Jan 10, 2019
trychris:

Remember, that soap is for lápálapa washing....... Check if yours has the camera app......

Welcome aboard this umiflight.......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 11:29am On Jan 10, 2019
in as much as we praise custom for the Significant amount of Revenue they generate, they shouldn't do that at our detriment na.
Some people import cars to this country without paying a dime.
A civil servant in my Estate park 5 expensive cars in his house .
Why are they not charging him for Opulence and parking space undecided
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:30am On Jan 10, 2019
khalidx:
A3 pro users are trying to reach the numbers of the A3 users grin
Welcome to the Family bro

The plentier the merrier...... Many more Umisoldiers + Umiambassadors, to Umipepper the rivals.........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 11:31am On Jan 10, 2019
khalidx:
in as much as we praise custom for the Significant amount of Revenue they generate, they shouldn't do that at our detriment na.
Some people import cars to this country without paying a dime.
A civil servant in my Estate park 5 expensive cars in his house .
Why are they not charging him for Opulence and parking space undecided

Welcome to the era of Next Levels........ The poor vs The rich........... sad
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by fibonacci2526: 11:32am On Jan 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Buying a ₦30K phone and slammed a 30% import tax is a clear sign of protectionism.......

What is the legal import duty tax figure?

Consumer right should be challenging Ali...... Buy Nigeria to grow the ₦.......... What mobile phones are locally produced?

So annoying.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 11:35am On Jan 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Welcome to the era of Next Levels........ The poor vs The rich........... sad
Walahi this Targeted Taxation is Infuriating .
Number 3 citizen imported a car into this country without paying customs duty, when Ali raised alarm they called for his sack .
we were the one that stood behind him.
How can you charge 6k for 33k phone .

how do they calculate their Duty paid value of any item ??
Do they have any hotline ??
because this thing is Alarming
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 11:38am On Jan 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

The plentier the merrier...... Many more Umisoldiers + Umiambassadors, to Umipepper the rivals.........
one of my Friend is contemplating the one max or wait for the F1
i need suggestions .
he's waiting for my verdict .

He is in love with the beauty of the One series .

and Again what's the material of F1?
he loves the Glass
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 11:59am On Jan 10, 2019
i don't see Nigeria changing from her Dubious way any time soon .
I'm here at a pvc collection center since 7am and people are buying their way in.
Paying to get Pvc angry
like what tha
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by KingKai: 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
Such is life, what we need are not old cargos but true citizens willing to go through any length just to make Naija better. Maybe we should suggest oga Lexus and Khalid for this type of change making
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2019
KingKai:
Such is life, what we need are not old cargos but true citizens willing to go through any length just to make Naija better. Maybe we should suggest oga Lexus and Khalid for this type of change making

Before I agree...... That 1999 constitution must be scrapped.......... kiss
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Before I agree...... That 1999 constitution must be scrapped.......... kiss
Thomas Jefferson believed that a country's constitution should be rewritten every 19 years.

one of my political science Lecturer said the 1999 constitution is a hurriedly copy and paste Constitution grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
khalidx:
Shot With my A3 tongue tongue

Edited with my A3

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2019
johnlondon:

Edited with my A3

So in essence Johnlondon is also Khalidx.......... cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2019
johnlondon:

Edited with my A3
not Edited really.
he adjusted the depth of focus .
mind you i hate beauty camera app
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 12:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

grin grin grin
do i even know him?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by jayceeabdulwasiu(m): 12:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Remember, that soap is for lápálapa washing....... Check if yours has the camera app......

Welcome aboard this umiflight.......

My experience with A3 pro not having camera app was odd.... however, Jumia dispatcher came for pickup this morning and they promise to revert asap after the QA team assessment
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:

No oo...I just showed my editing skills

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (2175) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.