Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,241 members, 7,853,227 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:48 PM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1754668 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (2177) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by biggboy(m): 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2019
Jidibia:

You might pay up to 10k for everything. They might ask for 5k first or after they get your phone back you pay the whole 10k or you balance. And if you are lucky, you might not pay that much. Go with your phone carton and tell them your phone was stolen,they will ask you few questions to get some personal details and other vital information. But they will surely get your imei numbers and the sim number in the phone when it was stolen, and the number they will reach you if the phone is found.
Thanks bro.. Let me try this option
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
khalidx:
afternoon.... please my friend's one pro he got days ago is asking for privacy protection password...... he didn't use password on his security .... just pattern and fingerprint...
please help

If he bought it brand new, he is the guilty culprit...........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:44pm On Mar 28, 2019
CarlyX8:
umidigi phones in gsmarena, am impressed

You think say nah joke we dey......... grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by zayeed94(m): 4:45pm On Mar 28, 2019
The only problem am facing with my A3pro is the battery life
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

If he bought it brand new, he is the guilty culprit...........
we just unlocked.... it ... thanks to umidigi online community... but the android protection is mad shaaa..... even if you factory reset it it will still ask for password
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by khalidx: 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2019
zayeed94:
bro buy powerbank to compliment the battery.. try to use ur phone at minimal screen brightness

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You think say nah joke we dey......... grin
lol.....I know
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
khalidx:
we just unlocked.... it ... thanks to umidigi online community... but the android protection is mad shaaa..... even if you factory reset it it will still ask for password

Indeed...... I mentioned this a few months ago.......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2019
zayeed94:

So you love all other aspects?.... shocked
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Tongsman(m): 5:27pm On Mar 28, 2019
loverbo1:

Same here buh plzz how do u track ur package
track24.net or global.cainiao.com nd input your tracking number
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 28, 2019
observation on my 6 day use of umidigi A3 pro
#laucher
A3 pro launcher is good and simple, but the clock widget lacks a vertical style, because a phone of 19:9 aspect ratio normally uses that style for space management. I activated the swipe gestures and noticed that the lower edge part of the screen below where the on screen navagition button lies becomes unresponsive. am using it though.

#screen and display
not a bad screen, sharpness is just ok just that the whites appear to be little bit over saturated, and it lacks the settings for adjusting, just like in nougat, where you can adjust sharpness, saturation and colour.

#notification light
I noticed it has three different colours, red blue and green,
but I don't like that it lights up red for notifications kinda seems like a danger sign. but man getting used to it. am yet to try WhatsApp for custom colour notifications.

#camera
camera is not good, can't say if it's manageable or not cos am yet to use it regularly, let's no go there, the good thing I noticed is that the second camera is working, I covered it and noticed that.

#Speakers
Am surprised here, the Loud speaker is loud and crisp not that crisp though the fact that am a music person made love the phone. The call speaker is also loud as someone can listen to your conversation if near you, I have to reduce it when on call.

#battery
I will always say the battery is good, at least for now am I use to be a phone person and as long as there's internet and movies I tend to stick to my phone for a very long time, so am cultivating this habit of not using phone like a kid, so 3300mah is good as for as you are not out for phone pleasure, just the basic. does not deplete fast.

#security
face i.d is good, but there's this feature called screen flash for use in dark environment, but the stuff lights up the screen even in bright environment, I find it odd, since the phone has light sensor it should be able to detect dark environment from bright environment so as to know when to flash.

#update
I saw update about 58mb, but am not updating shít never will, until I see Android 9 stable update.

A phone way above its price I must say, so much to talk about, but the phone is good design is crazy, I only pray it last long, at least just like it's weight suggests.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by zayeed94(m): 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

So you love all other aspects?.... shocked
Sure the fone is too good i swear
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustack: 6:06pm On Mar 28, 2019
Kennyflyair:
Hello people! If I want to escape custom duty on aliexpress ordered phone, is there any trick to do this? I don't have extra money for customs

Chat your seller on AE to declare your items as $18 gift items.

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustack: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2019
khalidx:
i called one of these numbers and he said he does't repair umidigi phones

What about the second number?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustack: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2019
khalidx:
i called one of these numbers and he said he does't repair umidigi phones
What about the second?
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Donpre(m): 6:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

No be you wait so?.... cheesy

We all have a patience button, patiently awaiting activation............ cheesy
I just hope the phone is worth the wait... Anyway any ETA on the pie update
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by CityNGR: 6:32pm On Mar 28, 2019
WHAT WAS THE ISSUE WITH D BA3?

zayeed94:

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 6:38pm On Mar 28, 2019
Donpre:
I just hope the phone is worth the wait... Anyway any ETA on the pie update

You never start to chop oreo biscuit first, you wan chop Meat pie................ grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Donpre(m): 6:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You never start to chop oreo biscuit first, you wan chop Meat pie................ grin
Meat pie full belle pass o cheesy
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 6:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
CarlyX8:
observation on my 6 day use of umidigi A3 pro
#laucher
A3 pro launcher is good and simple, but the clock widget lacks a vertical style, because a phone of 19:9 aspect ratio normally uses that style for space management. I activated the swipe gestures and noticed that the lower edge part of the screen below where the on screen navagition button lies becomes unresponsive. am using it though.

#screen and display
not a bad screen, sharpness is just ok just that the whites appear to be little bit over saturated, and it lacks the settings for adjusting, just like in nougat, where you can adjust sharpness, saturation and colour.

#notification light
I noticed it has three different colours, red blue and green,
but I don't like that it lights up red for notifications kinda seems like a danger sign. but man getting used to it. am yet to try WhatsApp for custom colour notifications.

#camera
camera is not good, can't say if it's manageable or not cos am yet to use it regularly, let's no go there, the good thing I noticed is that the second camera is working, I covered it and noticed that.

#Speakers
Am surprised here, the Loud speaker is loud and crisp not that crisp though the fact that am a music person made love the phone. The call speaker is also loud as someone can listen to your conversation if near you, I have to reduce it when on call.

#battery
I will always say the battery is good, at least for now am I use to be a phone person and as long as there's internet and movies I tend to stick to my phone for a very long time, so am cultivating this habit of not using phone like a kid, so 3300mah is good as for as you are not out for phone pleasure, just the basic. does not deplete fast.

#security
face i.d is good, but there's this feature called screen flash for use in dark environment, but the stuff lights up the screen even in bright environment, I find it odd, since the phone has light sensor it should be able to detect dark environment from bright environment so as to know when to flash.

#update
I saw update about 58mb, but am not updating shít never will, until I see Android 9 stable update.

A phone way above its price I must say, so much to talk about, but the phone is good design is crazy, I only pray it last long, at least just like it's weight suggests.

Good honest review........

What about if that small update, is laying the foundation in the oven for the meat pie............ grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2019
Donpre:
Meat pie full belle pass o cheesy

I no gree..... Chop one box of oreo biscuit and see wetin go happen........... wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2019
CityNGR:
WHAT WAS THE ISSUE WITH D BA3?

Be like say hin like to press phone and play with phone wella....... So the battery juice no do am........... cheesy

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 6:46pm On Mar 28, 2019
zayeed94:

Helep us manage am so......... wink Just buy PB....... tongue
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Jidibia(m): 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2019
biggboy:
Thanks bro.. Let me try this option
No matter how long it might take you will surely get your phone back.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Sgbate(m): 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2019
CharlesJok3r:
Has anybody updated their A3 yet?
# Lexusgs430, mizik, sgbate.
Yesso, umi always got us covered wink

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Good honest review........

What about if that small update, is laying the foundation in the oven for the meat pie............ grin
it should be included in the package too, if not then I will find a way, this is Android, there must be a way
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sheggsliveth: 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2019
Sgbate:

Yesso, umi always got us covered wink

The only changes I noticed it that I can now copy games into obb folder and works not like before, Why is it that my Umidigi A3 consumes more RAM I only have 150mb left out of the 2gb
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by matoseyems(m): 7:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

E don almost reach your hand nah....... The wait is worth every day......... cheesy

Okay Bro thanks
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
grin

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
CarlyX8:

it should be included in the package too, if not then I will find a way, this is Android, there must be a way

Make we no hear story like our friend wey be android yampion, wey shot bird and the mama fly........... wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Make we no hear story like our friend wey be android yampion, wey shot bird and the mama fly........... wink
lol
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 7:25pm On Mar 28, 2019
Mazi1:
grin

Umidigi is saying pipu don dey rush them..... You snooze.... You lose...... cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (2177) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.