Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,009 members, 7,810,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD - Phones (858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD (1708858 Views)

TECNO Spark 5 Official Discussion Thread / ********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (2175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by sulasa07(m): 8:41am On Jun 03, 2019
Mustack:

2 Days gone already out of 25 days stated.
Oga,please how I fit buy this a5 pro form AE without them seizing my money.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:18am On Jun 03, 2019
sulasa07:

How is your money seized?.....

You want to order from AliExpress first, and pay after delivery?...... grin
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:19am On Jun 03, 2019
giggspro:
Pls how can I order xiaomi redmi 7 from AE, I base in onitsha. I want to know which post office they will ship it to in onitsha cause there are many post office in onitsha

Direct your question to xiaomi thread......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 9:21am On Jun 03, 2019
giggspro:
I want to order umidigi a5 pro from jumia but I couldn't find it there, why?

It's not yet available on jumia......... Shipping would not be happening till June /July 2019........
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Obatise: 9:56am On Jun 03, 2019
darelar:
My review on F1, everything is perfect about the phone except the 4 that's not compatible with glo.

It compatible with Glo 4G, guess you bought a faulty sim. I am in the same situation as your and to prove them wrong, I inserted my sim into an iPhone 6 and still no 4G. I inserted another Glo sim that has 4G signal and it works perfectly. I am buying another sim after exhausting my data
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Peppul: 10:08am On Jun 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

We plenty wey dey wait b dat...... I go empty my ALAT account, on top jumia head........ tongue

Do i need to have a wema bank account b4 j can use ALAT. cause i tried registering on the app without having a wema bank account and its not signing me up on the app
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by bjboss(m): 10:19am On Jun 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Any encounter with fluids?.....

Not atall, not even a drop. I got it February this year, i was so careful about it.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:23am On Jun 03, 2019
Peppul:

Do i need to have a wema bank account b4 j can use ALAT. cause i tried registering on the app without having a wema bank account and its not signing me up on the app

It's very easy to set up...... You are not required to have a wema account.....

Download app, input details, BVN and enter authentication code sent to your BVN registered number.......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:24am On Jun 03, 2019
Obatise:

It compatible with Glo 4G, guess you bought a faulty sim. I am in the same situation as your and to prove them wrong, I inserted my sim into an iPhone 6 and still no 4G. I inserted another Glo sim that has 4G signal and it works perfectly. I am buying another sim after exhausting my data

Shout loudly, so people at the back can hear....... wink
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 10:27am On Jun 03, 2019
bjboss:

Not atall, not even a drop. I got it February this year, i was so careful about it.

Are you getting any sound from the device..............
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by WAPKOSHCOMNG(m): 10:58am On Jun 03, 2019
plantist:

I am in Owode, Yewa South, Ogun State.
How.much are you selling or not
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by bjboss(m): 11:11am On Jun 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Are you getting any sound from the device..............
Just the normal usual sound when you press power button
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by plantist: 11:52am On Jun 03, 2019
WAPKOSHCOMNG:

How.much are you selling or not

#25k
It's available for sale.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ijeezlux(m): 11:55am On Jun 03, 2019
Obatise:

I thought as much too. Cos my umidigi one has never displayed 4g when ever I insert my glo 4g Sim card that I told bought some months ago. I even went to their customer care office in my area, their rep was just saying trash... She later said de was something that was not done when they were registering my glo 4g Sim thats why 4g network is not coming up and that she has fixed the problem . That I should put my phone on airplane mode then remove it after like 2 minutes and if my phone is compatible with their band that 4g will pop up. I did all what she said... No result, I even off my phone, leave it for like 10mins then switch the phone on again... No result. I was very angry. I call their customer care line and I told the person that pick the call that I really want to confirm if my line is a 4g sim card, the person said yes, then I ask him why am I not getting 4g signal, he said if am very sure my phone support their band, I said my phone support band 28. The guy ran out of ideal, he was in a hurry to drop the call so that I will not kill his career with technical questions.
Only 2 days ago I went to another glo outlet and I told them I want to buy a glo Sim. They were demanding for valid ID card, I ask them when did that one start? To make the Mata worse, the guy say the Simcard na 2k that it has #2000 airtime inside... I told them de are not serious. Thinking of even breaking my glo sim
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by logan2(m): 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2019
giggspro:
I want to order umidigi a5 pro from jumia but I couldn't find it there, why?
it's still in production,I suggest you buy from AE
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by ityP(m): 1:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mustack:

It will go for 40k + bcus AE will increase there own price as well.

I hope not ooo
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustack: 3:46pm On Jun 03, 2019
sulasa07:

Make sure you have a stable network
Also notify your seller to declare you item as $18 gift item.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustack: 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
ityP:

I hope not ooo

The specs of A5 pro beats the current selling price..
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by amnwa(m): 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2019
ijeezlux:

I thought as much too. Cos my umidigi one has never displayed 4g when ever I insert my glo 4g Sim card that I told bought some months ago. I even went to their customer care office in my area, their rep was just saying trash... She later said de was something that was not done when they were registering my glo 4g Sim thats why 4g network is not coming up and that she has fixed the problem . That I should put my phone on airplane mode then remove it after like 2 minutes and if my phone is compatible with their band that 4g will pop up. I did all what she said... No result, I even off my phone, leave it for like 10mins then switch the phone on again... No result. I was very angry. I call their customer care line and I told the person that pick the call that I really want to confirm if my line is a 4g sim card, the person said yes, then I ask him why am I not getting 4g signal, he said if am very sure my phone support their band, I said my phone support band 28. The guy ran out of ideal, he was in a hurry to drop the call so that I will not kill his career with technical questions.
Only 2 days ago I went to another glo outlet and I told them I want to buy a glo Sim. They were demanding for valid ID card, I ask them when did that one start? To make the Mata worse, the guy say the Simcard na 2k that it has #2000 airtime inside... I told them de are not serious. Thinking of even breaking my glo sim

Good 4g sim that's free here. You just pay for 100naira airtime to activate it. Those guys are thieves that told you that

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Sportwin(m): 3:52pm On Jun 03, 2019
Who has A3pro for sale in Abuja
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mustack:

Make sure you have a stable network
Also notify your seller to declare you item as $18 gift item.

On $99 might not be worth the effort...... If they declare stupid valuation and slam excessive fees nko.......

Maximum on proper declaration, should not exceed 1K2......
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by matoseyems(m): 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
Obatise:

Absolutely correct, does glo give free data on 4G LTE, make I enjoy am too
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustiboy(m): 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mustack:

It will go for 40k + bcus AE will increase there own price as well.
they won't increase anything. The price of the A5 pro is 36k, and that's how it's gonna stay. Umidigi only used the $129–$99 price drop as a gimmick to get customers to quickly rush the device, and it was successful.

Come to think of it, the Umidigi power is about 49k across all stores on AliExpress, and it boasts of more powerful specs than the A5 pro: USB C, micro USB; 4gb/64gb, 4gb/32gb; Helio P35, Helio P23; NFC, nothing; 5000mah, 4150mah; 18wts fast charge, 10wts fast charge; the differences are glaring.
Considering the above differences, do you still Expect Umidigi to bring the price of A5 pro any close to that of the Power? Absolutely not.

Almost all stores on AliExpress are already selling the Umidigi A5 pro at the 36k price point; some's prices are even lesser than the official's.

So, believe it or not, the A5 pro's pro will rather decrease in price later than increase in price. We witnessed the same thing happen to A3; I bought it at #29,999 on presale, but it later cost even less after launch.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by saint2ace(m): 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mustiboy:
they won't increase anything. The price of the A5 pro is 36k, and that's how it's gonna stay. Umidigi only used the $129–$99 price drop as a gimmick to get customers to quickly rush the device, and it was successful.

Come to think of it, the Umidigi power is about 49k across all stores on AliExpress, and it boasts of more powerful specs than the A5 pro: USB C, micro USB; 4gb/64gb, 4gb/32gb; Helio P35, Helio P23; NFC, nothing; 5000mah, 4150mah; 18wts fast charge, 10wts fast charge; the differences are glaring.
Considering the above differences, do you still Expect Umidigi to bring the price of A5 pro any close to that of the Power? Absolutely not.

Almost all stores on AliExpress are already selling the Umidigi A5 pro at the 36k price point; some's prices are even lesser than the official's.

So, believe it or not, the A5 pro's pro will rather decrease in price later than increase in price. We witnessed the same thing happen to A3; I bought it at #29,999 on presale, but it later cost even less after launch.

A well articulated write up, ur analysis are sound and I think I agree with you. But only time will tell if it'll pan out this way. Let's just wait and watch. Kudos once again cool cool
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Chriswazo(m): 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mustiboy:

I have always said this, agree with your submission totally
Is even the power that I was making up my mind to buy before I was swayed with their purported price slash
I had always said the initial price was a camouflage
Now I will have to wait for them to produce finish to get the over valued stuff

1 Like

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Obatise: 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2019
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Obatise: 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2019
matoseyems:

Absolutely correct, does glo give free data on 4G LTE, make I enjoy am too

No, but it offers yakata double bonus for new Sims for up to six months
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Mustiboy(m): 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
saint2ace:

A well articulated write up, ur analysis are sound and I think I agree with you. But only time will tell if it'll pan out this way. Let's just wait and watch. Kudos once again cool cool
that's how it will stay, and don't be surprised if it later costs even less.
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by gbadexlite: 5:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
bjboss:

It may the flex that connects the LCD to the panel it has happen to my tecno once. The engineer firstly told me I will have to get a new screen but he open and did some cleaning & reconnected back to the panel & it started showing again o
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by gbadexlite: 5:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
One eye dey look that a5 pro the other dey look account bal. undecided undecided undecided hmmm

2 Likes

Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by Lexusgs430: 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mustiboy:

Of what use is the Umidigi A5 Pro, when it's selling through Jumia @30K........

But account balance only reads 18K..............
Re: UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD by michealdeco: 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2019
Lexusgs430:

How is your money seized?.....

You want to order from AliExpress first, and pay after delivery?...... grin
same thing one guy was telling me
To order for him that he will on delivery
grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (2175) (Reply)

Best Games To Download For Your Android Device / The Xiaomi Thread.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.