Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

9 April-fool’s-day-prank Worthy Events In Nigeria That Are Real…unbelievably. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 9 April-fool’s-day-prank Worthy Events In Nigeria That Are Real…unbelievably. (1111 Views)

Mr IBU Looking So Unbelievably Handsome In New Photos With Colleagues / Beverly Naya: He Should Prove Himself Worthy Before You Allow Him Into Your Pant / Comedian MC Worthy Is Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 April-fool’s-day-prank Worthy Events In Nigeria That Are Real…unbelievably. by kejismuse: 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2017
The first quarter of the year is gone and some events occurred that would have qualified as good plots for April fool pranks but are unbelievably real. A lot of interesting events didn’t make the list; From Seun Egbegbe’s arrest after being caught trying to swindle again, to Kemen’s disqualification from BBNaija after being caught on camera in a very controversial position with TBoss who was “Unaware”, Tonto Dike’s video detailing her alleged domestic abuse story and Harvard and London School of Economics rebutting our Sen. Melaye claim to being an alumnus, the whole Certifi-gate…emmm, ok imma leave that alone. I have made my point.

So the below are my top 9 April Fool’s Day prank worthy events that are real…unbelievably.In no particular order;

1. Abubakar Shekau (Boko Haram Leader) resurfaces after his 5th death: The Director of Defence Information, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, said the many faces of the terrorists’ leader have remained misleading. I took the deepest sigh in the history of sighing. He even compared the resurfacing to Osama Bin Laden’s death where a DNA test was the final proof that they had the U.S. Army had actually killed him. And I am thinking okay…what will our proof be?
2. Court Order stopping premier of Okafor’s law: Omoni Oboli was accused by a Jude Idada that she stole his story idea for the “Okafor’s Law” movie and she allegedly developed the movie without giving full credit. The fact that it was on the premier day she got served the court injunction on screening the movie and then the event continued without the actual movie screening was interesting.

3. Nigerian Court Vs Fanta and Sprite: According to article on bbc.com, a Nigerian owner of a chain of non-alcoholic drinks shops in the Uk, imported Nigerian made Sprite and Fanta.However, they were confiscated after being declared unsafe for consumption, due to high level of benzoic acid which can cause cancer when consumed alongside Vitamin C. The Nigerian court is saying NBC must include a warning on their containers that the contents of the product cannot be taken with Vitamin C which NBC is currently fighting in court.
4. Popular EbonyLife TV show “The Spot” aired its final Episode 30th March 2017: This one here hurt my feelings a lot. Because the hosts were incredible, young and unbelievably intelligent. Their gists were like agbo for my fever.

5. Apostle Suleman vs Stephanie Otobo Saga: Yeah the accusations and counter accusations made me ask soooo many questions and unfortunately there were not enough answers. A simple call log request from MTN indicating the timing and duration, plus looking at the visa on both Passports would have helped…see, let me leave this alone.

7. Ben Carson calling the Slaves Immigrants: Human beings were taken from their homes, bundled and shipped at the bottom of slave ships to foreign land and Ben Carson referred to them as “immigrants”. I read his “Gifted Hands” book growing up and I liked him. I would suggest he sticks to Brain Surgery.

8. EFCC recovered $9.8million and £74,000 from Ex-NNPC GMD: Well the money was hidden in a fire proof safe and his claim was that it was gifts from unnamed persons. Horrifying yet amusing.

9. Kemi Olunloyo’s Arrest: The vocal Journalist is being held over her story of actress Iyabo Ojo and Pastor David Ibiyeomie in adultery mess. Her case and Audu Makori’s will be precedents on how bloggers publish content online.

[url]Source[/url] [url]kejismuse.[/url]

CC: Mynd44, Lalasticlala
Re: 9 April-fool’s-day-prank Worthy Events In Nigeria That Are Real…unbelievably. by illegalGangla(m): 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2017
Somebody went to Harvard yet the school denied him........

That one na bomb

3 Likes

Re: 9 April-fool’s-day-prank Worthy Events In Nigeria That Are Real…unbelievably. by Abdhul(m): 9:17pm On Apr 01, 2017
Another one is wearing prison gown without sentence

2 Likes

Re: 9 April-fool’s-day-prank Worthy Events In Nigeria That Are Real…unbelievably. by kejismuse: 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2017
illegalGangla:

That one na bomb
...Of the century
Re: 9 April-fool’s-day-prank Worthy Events In Nigeria That Are Real…unbelievably. by kejismuse: 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2017
Abdhul:
Another one is wearing prison gown without sentence
Nigeria...
Re: 9 April-fool’s-day-prank Worthy Events In Nigeria That Are Real…unbelievably. by PettySniper: 10:08pm On Apr 01, 2017
It is a wah cheesy
Re: 9 April-fool’s-day-prank Worthy Events In Nigeria That Are Real…unbelievably. by marshalcarter: 10:22pm On Apr 01, 2017
is wah oooo cheesy
Re: 9 April-fool’s-day-prank Worthy Events In Nigeria That Are Real…unbelievably. by CaroLyner(f): 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2017
illegalGangla:

That one na bomb
Bruhhh grin
Re: 9 April-fool’s-day-prank Worthy Events In Nigeria That Are Real…unbelievably. by kejismuse: 11:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
yes oh
Re: 9 April-fool’s-day-prank Worthy Events In Nigeria That Are Real…unbelievably. by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 02, 2017
make I grab my 100x100
oya to FP we go

(1) (Reply)

#BBNaija: Tell Us Your Favorite Slang So Far From Housemates? (photos) / Hunter Kills Buffalo In Etsako West, Edo State (photo) / Harrysong Used Fake, Stolen Pictures To Announce The Arrival Of His Twins | Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.