Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Did You Know: A Smartphone Can Now Test Sperm Quality - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Did You Know: A Smartphone Can Now Test Sperm Quality (483 Views)

Let's Peek Into A Smartphone's Brain / Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour / Why Your Smartphone Can Make Emergency Calls Without A SIM Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know: A Smartphone Can Now Test Sperm Quality by oluwadanie1(m): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2017
Just the moment when you think technology has reached its absolute peak, you’d surely get one more thing that pushes beyond limits and set another standard for some others to beat. In absolute terms, i am inclined to infer that technology has no limits. You’d know why in a little time.

The newest thing a smartphone can carryout now is to test your sperm quality, yes you heard right. It can actually let you know if you’re suffering from infertility or not.

The aim of the technology as described in the journal Science Translational Medicine is to make it easier and cheaper for men to test their sperm at home. Okay, so this would be sure to cause a lot of tension amongst couples.

“We wanted to come up with a solution to make male infertility testing as simple and affordable as home pregnancy tests,” these were the words of co-author Hadi Shafiee, who is a doctor in the division of engineering in medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

“Men have to provide semen samples in these rooms at a hospital, a situation in which they often experience stress, embarrassment, pessimism and disappointment.”

The new test, surely, “can analyse a video of an undiluted, unwashed semen sample in less than five seconds”.

The smartphone-based device detected abnormal semen samples — based on World Health Organisation thresholds on sperm concentration and motility — with an accuracy of 98 percent while the cost of the materials used to assemble it measures up to US$4.45 (S$6.23).

Now, I know for sure that you are absolutely convinced that technology can take us to very great heights. If a smartphone can actually do this, then I think that the name should be called “smarter phone”, because it actually is smarter.
Though the device has not been released to the public yet, just brace up and prepare, because its coming.

http://www.techproducts.com.ng/did-you-know-a-smartphone-can-now-test-sperm-quality/

(1) (Reply)

Help My Tecno P5 Is Not Vibrating / Opinion On A New Phone / Gionee's M6S Plus Get Unveiled, Boasts 6GB RAM And A 6020mah Battery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.