Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? (2139 Views)

The Basis Of Spiritual Power- With Or Without GOD. / What Will Become Of Religion If The Devil Repents / MUST READ: Jacob Wrestled With God, And So Should You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
Though am asking a
Stupid question
but am very curious to know why.

God gives a child to a barren woman,
Devil does the same

God resurrects the dead,
Devil does the same

God provides money and shelter,
Devil also has the power to do the same

God sees the future,
Devil come dey like say him see am pass God self cheesy

God heals,
Devil does the same

and so many mysterious things..

I began wondering if there's anything God can do that the devil cannot do or have the power to do...

To me, I feel like this world was created by two people..

the only difference between these two is that

God does good, he gives without seeking for a price

while

the devil dwells in doing bad and causing havoc to whosoever he gives to..

but on a serious note, both seem to possess the same power.

But there's always the strongest which I know is GOD.

Just that I haven't seen what God can do that the devil cannot do..

reason why I want to know why God shares the same power with the devil sad
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 12, 2017
The post has just been [url]EDITED[/url]
I need y'all opinion on this
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by CatfishBilly: 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
Because every fictional character needs an antithesis.
Go through your comic books, you'll understand.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by otemanuduno: 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
God ALMIGHTY and satan(Yahweh, if at all he should be called the devil) are never words and opposite. God the Universe have made the Universe and all his children were exploring it. Yahweh(Satan) makes himself stubborn and rebellious among his brothers, yet that doesn't give him equal power with God the Universe who created him.

It is a case of saying that Subzero in mortal combat game is greater than its maker. Even if Subzero defeats all its fellow fighters, that doesn't bring it close to power with its maker.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Niflheim(m): 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
@foxyn,

There is no such thing as a "god" or a "devil"!!! This is why christians who are sick and do not take their medicine die, likewise, a devil worshiper who is sick and calls on the so called devil from now till tomorrow will still die!!! All we have is Nature, and Humanity!!! Check out my list............

1.If the devil worshiper and the christian, live in the Atacama desert(no rain for the past 400 years), they will surely die of thirst if they do not have a large storage of fresh water in their backyards!!!v The Devil(a useless comic charcter), will never come to their aid, and neither will jehovah!!! However, if they study nature and move to a place whereby their is adequate rainfall, then their brain(humanity), plus the provision of Mother Nature, has saved them!!!

2.Pastors will always claim that the "god" will never come down from heaven to assist, but will rather send a human as a helper to you!!! Why is this so? cause deep down in your pastor's consciousness, even he himself knows that devil and jehovah do not exist!!!

3.When men wanted to cross the Atlantic, did they surf on the back of a god? Did the devil take them across the rivers? NO THEY DID NOT!!! THEY HAD TO USE THEIR BRAINS TO INVENT BOATS!!!

4.If god created diseases, then why has man conquered so many of them? If god destined that spiders will create spider webs, then how come man has "created" a goat that can produce the same spider webs in it's milk?

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
otemanuduno why do you refer to Satan as YAHWEH?
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by otemanuduno: 12:55pm On Apr 12, 2017
Foxyn:
otemanuduno why do you refer to Satan as YAHWEH?
because I know and I am convinced he is. He is just pretending to be God while God himself lives inside of us and is everything around us. Yahweh is just a wannabee son of God the Universe.
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
otemanuduno:
because I know and I am convinced he is. He is just pretending to be God while God himself lives inside of us and is everything around us. Yahweh is just a wannabee son of God the Universe.
But I thought Yahweh is God? sad
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by otemanuduno: 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2017
Foxyn:
But I thought Yahweh is God? sad
No, he isn't. How can Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Olorun and Mazda etc be God ALMIGHTY at the same time?

God the Universe their creator is God. He isn't jealous like his children, the jealous gods. Or how can you, A FATHER, be jealous of your children? But yahweh and allah especially are jealous gods because they are brothers. And you know how brothers are jealous of each other.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
otemanuduno:
No, he isn't. How can Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Olorun and Mazda etc be God ALMIGHTY at the same time?

God the Universe their creator is God. He isn't jealous like his children, the jealous gods. Or how can you, A FATHER, be jealous of your children? But yahweh and allah especially are jealous gods because they are brothers. And you know how brothers are jealous of each other.
Nawa o.
. this one just shock me shocked
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by sonmvayina(m): 2:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
The devil is not the evil opposite of God. You are elevating the devil to a position he can never attain. The Christian invented this devil because that is the only way they can sell Jesus to the world.
The devil of the Tanakh is under the control of God. Everything created by God is under his control. The devil is not an exception. Whatever the devil does is what God tell him to do. The duty of the devil is to obey the will of God.

It is God that creates both good and evil. The devil just carry it out. Just like pippi in the last Don movie. Isaiah 45:7, Lamentation 3:38, Amos 2:6..

The devil is part of God and has no kingdom out side of Gods kingdom

The devil ONLY acts with the expressed permission from God. As illustrated in the story of Job..

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
sonmvayina:
The devil is not the evil opposite of God. You are elevating the devil to a position he can never attain. The Christian invented this devil because that is the only way they can sell Jesus to the world.
The devil of the Tanakh is under the control of God. Everything created by God is under his control. The devil is not an exception. Whatever the devil does is what God tell him to do. The duty of the devil is to obey the will of God.

It is God that creates both good and evil. The devil just carry it out. Just like pippi in the last Don movie. Isaiah 45:7, Lamentation 3:38, Amos 2:6..

The devil is part of God and has no kingdom out side of Gods kingdom

The devil ONLY acts with the expressed permission from God. As illustrated in the story of Job..
Very nice illustration bro. but why will God allow the devil to distract us from him and also creating hell for those who fall for HIS devilish trap?

thought he's a loving God?

is he purposely allowing this evil to manifest just so we could perish in it and be consumed in hell forever?

just asking this according to what you got in your writeup
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Amberon: 3:05am On Apr 13, 2017
Foxyn

I don't know if you created this thread out of genuine curiousity or mokery. But here's your answer anyways.

1: GOD IS OMNIPRESENT, the devil is not. Yes, God can be everywhere at the same time, but the devil can only be in one place at a time.

2. GOD IS OMNIPOTENT, the devil is obviously not.

3. GOD IS OMNISCIENT, the devil is not. Though he wants you to believe otherwise.

5. The devil CANNOT change your destiny. Yes, he can only delay a destiny from being fulfilled but can never change it.

6.The devil CANNOT raise the dead because Jesus is the life and the resurrection. Revelation 1: 19 says that Jesus has the key to death and hell. Remember that it is written "for the devil cometh to steal, to kill and to destroy but I (Jesus) have come so that you can have life and have it more abundantly.

Also, Satan's ultimate goal is to take as many souls to hell as possible so even if he could give life (which he can't), he still wouldn't because his goal is to take you to hell.

Now the reason Satan does miracles is because even though he was banished from heaven, he was never relinquished of his power, also because he is the counterfeiter and the greatest deciever. It is pertinent to know that all of Satan's gifts to men are STOLEN, yes he is a thief. All the gifts he gives are stolen from people (can't explain this now).

I'll stop here for now.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 13, 2017
Amberon you tried, but who told you that Satan is not EVERYWHERE?
have you forgotten he's also a spirit
have you seek for him before and he doesn't surface?
I won't take this point

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Amberon: 9:06am On Apr 13, 2017
This means you aren't a Christian.

Look, Satan is NOT omnipresent. He is not everywhere at once. He only has demons who are scattered in different places doing the work of their master (Satan).

Are you also not a spirit? Are you everywhere? Are angels not spirits? Does this mean that each angel is everywhere at the same time?
Foxyn:
Amberon you tried, but who told you that Satan is not EVERYWHERE?

have you forgotten he's also a spirit

have you seek for him before and he doesn't surface?

I won't take this point
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by CatfishBilly: 9:14am On Apr 13, 2017
Amberon:

Look, Satan is NOT omnipresent. He is not everywhere at once. He only has demons who are scattered in different places doing the work of their master (Satan).

Are you also not a spirit? Are you everywhere? Are angels not spirits? Does this mean that each angel is everywhere at the same time?
Do you have any scriptures to back that up or are you just making shittttttt up?
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Amberon: 9:17am On Apr 13, 2017
Making shiit up for who?, you? If you cared to read a bible you'd know.
CatfishBilly:

Do you have any scriptures to back that up or are you just making shittttttt up?
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by CatfishBilly: 9:18am On Apr 13, 2017
Amberon:
Making shiit up for who?, you? If you cared to read a bible you'd know.
Oya drop the scripture where it says the devil is not omnipresent but has demonstrated scattered everywhere.
Unlike others, I actually have a Bible where if you quote, I'll check it out.
Just like DoctorAlien quoted a scripture and I called him out on it, he hasn't replied since.
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by sonmvayina(m): 9:31am On Apr 13, 2017
Foxyn:
Very nice illustration bro. but why will God allow the devil to distract us from him and also creating hell for those who fall for HIS devilish trap?

thought he's a loving God?

is he purposely allowing this evil to manifest just so we could perish in it and be consumed in hell forever?

just asking this according to what you got in your writeup

You are mixing what the Jews believed in as contained in their Tanakh or old testament with the garbage the Romans concocted later on..the devil is part of the Elohim(God) and those nothing outside of the will of God the creator of all..the creator is the head of the pantheon. Psalm 82:1-5..all the other Gods are under his control
Hell is a Roman/Greeks invention to keep people in check.
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by sonmvayina(m): 9:38am On Apr 13, 2017
It is God that creates both good and evil. Life and death, day and night. Everything is for balance in nature. Good and evil..God creates all.

Nothing happens without his OK..

It is human that experiences those reality..to God both mean the same thing..#spiritualtruth
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 13, 2017
sonmvayina:

You are mixing what the Jews believed in as contained in their Tanakh or old testament with the garbage the Romans concocted later on..the devil is part of the Elohim(God) and those nothing outside of the will of God the creator of all..the creator is the head of the pantheon. Psalm 82:1-5..all the other Gods are under his control
Hell is a Roman/Greeks invention to keep people in check
Um, does the bolded means hell is not real?
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 13, 2017
Amberon:

Look, Satan is NOT omnipresent. He is not everywhere at once. He only has demons who are scattered in different places doing the work of their master (Satan)

lol.. read the bolded again .. is that not exactly the same thing God does? by scattering his angels to different places and individuals so they could handle the work of their Master (GOD) cheesy
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by sonmvayina(m): 9:49am On Apr 13, 2017
Foxyn:
Um, does the bolded means hell is not real?

You should have known by now...it is just to control humans here on earth..
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Amberon: 9:57am On Apr 13, 2017
Then you dont know God. I'm telling you that God himself is everywhere and you're talking about angels. We are talking omnipresence here and you're bringing up angels. Argue intellectually with facts.

God himself is everywhere at the same time. Angels are only errand boys and guards to humans who are saved. There's no single angel that is omnipresent. If you do not know what omnipresence means then look it up.

Foxyn:
lol.. read the bolded again .. is that not exactly the same thing God does? by scattering his angels to different places and individuals so they could handle the work of their Master (GOD) cheesy
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 13, 2017
sonmvayina:

You should have known by now...it is just to control humans here on earth..
cheesy
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 13, 2017
Amberon:
Then you dont know God. I'm telling you that God himself is everywhere and you're talking about angels. We are talking omnipresence here and you're bringing up angels. Argue intellectually with facts.

God himself is everywhere at the same time. Angels are only errand boys and guards to humans who are saved. There's no single angel that is omnipresent. If you do not know what omnipresence means then look it up.

see how you're confusing yourself grin

so are the demons not also satan errand boys? cheesy

if God is omnipresent as you claim, why does he have angels to do his work for him?

just the same way Satan has demons that does his work for him lol..

don't you have eyes to see the similarity between these 2 spirits? grin

come up with a genuine prove I can bow to..

I'm a christian, but I want to see how other Christians can defend the God we serve.

but it's obvious I see non grin

no wonder the atheist are always winning some times sad

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by sonmvayina(m): 10:04am On Apr 13, 2017
Foxyn:
cheesy

It is hard to stomach, but it is true..The Catholic know they invented it and for what purpose..
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 13, 2017
sonmvayina:

It is hard to stomach, but it is true..The Catholic know they invented it and for what purpose..

that means the catholic wrote all these verses about hell in the bible abi? grin

Revelation 21:8 - Matthew 25:46 -
Matthew 13:50 - 2 Thessalonians 1:9

continue grin
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by CatfishBilly: 10:13am On Apr 13, 2017
Amberon:

Here you go making shittttttt up again.
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by sonmvayina(m): 10:22am On Apr 13, 2017
Foxyn:
that means the catholic wrote all these verses about hell in the bible abi? grin

Revelation 21:8 - Matthew 25:46 -
Matthew 13:50 - 2 Thessalonians 1:9

continue grin

The entire new testament... Primarily the work of Eusebius the master forger and some other priest.
Re: Why Does The Devil Share Almost The Same Power With God? by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 13, 2017
sonmvayina:

The entire new testament... Primarily the work of Eusebius the master forger and some other priest.
I might say "DAMN" but you will mistake it for the new Kendrick Lamar album grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Cloning Be Legal - Debate On Cloning / Death? What Benefit? / Do You Know That It Is Biblical To Call A Woman A B-i-t-c-h ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.