Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,425 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible (1745 Views)

Buhari Repairing Nigeria’s Reputation Damaged By Jonathan — Fashola / Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari / Arms Purchase Scam Has Damaged Nigeria’s Reputation – Bamidele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by ezeagu(m): 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2009
Welcome, Nigerians, to the list of terror suspects. It would have been easier on Nigeria if it wasn't such a big, gigantic notorious country (like Ghana). Nigeria used to only mess with 'their' money, they didn't do much except curse Nigerians, but Nigeria has drawn its last straw, and that is murder.  shocked

[size=4pt]Do you like my promo technique?  grin[/size]
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by tunku(m): 2:33pm On Dec 26, 2009
Attempted murder, but close enough. haha.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by ezeagu(m): 2:46pm On Dec 26, 2009
tunku:

Attempted murder, but close enough. haha.

For America, that is as good as murder, especially as there are 150,000,000 more possible suspects. . . .
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by SEFAGO(m): 2:47pm On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu your title is hilarious grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Katsumoto: 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2009
On the index of grievoius international crimes; Nigeria may be leading at present. Most news about Nigeria was already negative, and now, we have to add terrorism to it. Now hardworking Nigerians pay for this stupid act; thousands of prospective Nigerian students may have just had their chances of getting an education in the US and Britain dashed.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Parohfrey(f): 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2009
so do you guys think yourselves less of a Nigerian now?
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2009
We are all in this sh.it together, And its a VERY SAD thing.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Katsumoto: 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2009
Paroh_frey:

so do you guys think yourselves less of a Nigerian now?

It is not about thinking ourselves less of Nigerians; it is more about the consequences of the actions of one man and how it affects millions. Naturally, people are concerned about the ability to obtain a better standard of living, access to better education, stress of getting through airports, and added joy (hope you did not miss the sarcasm) of being labelled potential terrorists.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Katsumoto: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2009
dayokanu:

We are all in this sh.it together, And its a VERY SAD thing.

Why do we have to be in this sh.it together? The Northern politicians have been using religion as a weapon for years; but it was always kept internally. Now this fool as managed to export it.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by dayokanu(m): 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2009
Why do we have to be in this sh.it together? The Northern politicians have been using religion as a weapon for years; but it was always kept internally. Now this fool as managed to export it.

Like I said the outside world doesnt care who s Northerner or Southerner.

Lemme ask you, Did you bother to know which of the Afghan terrorist was from Nothern Afghanistan or Southern Afghanistan
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by No2Atheism(m): 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2009
Katsumoto:

Exactly . . .most Nigerians have normally been suffering and smiling despite the problem of Islamic violence in Nigeria . . .now this alleged incident has managed to make us an international point of reference . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, did anyone notice that Nigeria and [b]Venezuela [/b]were mentioned as war zones in the "Avatar" movie . . .
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Uche2nna(m): 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2009
dayokanu:

Lemme ask you, Did you bother to know which of the Afghan terrorist was from Nothern Afghanistan or Southern Afghanistan

Who cares about that?
All U have to know is that the guy is an Afghani and terrorism already comes to mind.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Katsumoto: 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2009
I
dayokanu:

Like I said the outside world doesnt care who s Northerner or Southerner.

I was not disagreeing with what you wrote; I was merely showing my annoyance and irritation at being lumped together with religios zealots.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by dayokanu(m): 6:01pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Uche,

Exactly what I am saying So trying to say he is Northern, Moslem or whatever doesnt suffice and doesnt do anything to help our battered image

I was not disagreeing with what you wrote; I was merely showing my annoyance and irritation at being lumped together with religios zealots.

Maybe I misunderstood you. My bad. Imagine if another Naija boy had been on the same flight with the guy and they just started gisting like normal Naija to Naija levels, Imagine the kain trouble on that ones head now
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Beaf: 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2009
dayokanu:

@Uche,

Exactly what I am saying So trying to say he is Northern, Moslem or whatever doesnt suffice and doesnt do anything to help our battered image

Maybe I misunderstood you. My bad. Imagine if another Naija boy had been on the same flight with the guy and they just started gisting like normal Naija to Naija levels, Imagine the kain trouble on that ones head now

The almajiri, his family and all his his friends are lucky that Obama is in power, not McCain. McCain would have carried Bush's policies forward, if that had happened, all his folk would have been kidnapped one by one (especially his father), only to turn up at Guantanamo Bay.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by mekusxxx: 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2009
Katsumoto:

Another imbecilic comment from a covert, high-wired tribalist.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by ijeoma2619: 9:04am On Dec 27, 2009
@mekuxx take it easy, what is it?
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by SapeleGuy: 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2009
Bros - As far as reputation is concerned, 'he who is lying on the ground need not fear a fall'

We know where these extremists are based, we need a task force similar to JTF to 'seek and destroy' them, enough of all this long talking.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by ezeagu(m): 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2009
ijeoma2619:

@mekuxx take it easy, what is it?

The guy is a warrior. grin
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Katsumoto: 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2009
ezeagu:

The guy is a warrior. grin

And I guess you are his general.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Katsumoto: 4:53pm On Dec 27, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Bros - As far as reputation is concerned, 'he who is lying on the ground need not fear a fall'

We know where these extremists are based, we need a task force similar to JTF to 'seek and destroy' them, enough of all this long talking.

But we should be more concerned about how his actions will affect Nigerians who are trying to seek a better life for themselves due to the actions and or inactions of his fathers friends.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by ezeagu(m): 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2009
Katsumoto:

And I guess you are his general.

What are you first?
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by tumfulu1: 9:44pm On Dec 27, 2009
ezeagu:

What are you first?

You learnt this technique from the great tumfulu.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Angeleyz(f): 9:47pm On Dec 27, 2009
I reckon its a conspiracy. We will see a really different Nigeria in 2010-2012. It is the only country not in American Pocket so far this is the begin in the final nail in the coffin for those who seek global domination. New world order is real guys dont believe everything you read or see .
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by SEFAGO(m): 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2009
^
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by AKO1(m): 9:50pm On Dec 27, 2009
Maybe its the law of diminishing returns. . .with a vertically inverted curve tongue
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Horus(m): 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2009
Breaking News: Ossama Ben Laden want to relocate to Nigeria. grin
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Jydekris(m): 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2009
Angeleyz:

I reckon its a conspiracy. We will see a really different Nigeria in 2010-2012. It is the only country not in American Pocket so far this is the begin in the final nail in the coffin for those who seek global domination. New world order is real guys dont believe everything you read or see .

@Angeleyz, I guess you've seen 'The Obama Deception', a conspiracy theory video documentary.
Men, It's all complicated
I also heard the Nigerian mention in Avatar movie. I guess there's special interest in Nigeria besides the Bad image and all. Could work out against us or for us
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 29, 2009
Horus said:

Breaking News: Ossama Ben Laden want to relocate to Nigeria.

lol

grin grin

I'm quite sure he will find good company in Katsina.  grin

Just kidding.  wink
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by becomrich16: 3:49am On Dec 29, 2009
At this point where is Mrs rebranding. She no fit talk.

I still one to believe this boy may be telling a lie. How can he think, he want to kill himself.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by finemocha(f): 3:51am On Dec 29, 2009
nonono i think we still have a ways togo before we hit rock bottom. im an optimist
Re: Nigeria's Reputation May Have Now Hit It's Lowest Possible by Parohfreh(f): 4:23am On Dec 29, 2009
Sahara reporters latest reports:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Magnus Kpakol And The Keke Napep Scam / Labour Groups Vow To Get Minimum Wage By All Means / Post Ur Funny Pics About The Whole Subsidy Ish Here.lolz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.