Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! (2454 Views)

Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY / Java Programmer Wanted / Are You A Newbie Java Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by okwyee(m): 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
i saw this question on quora, asked how the life of a programmer looks like, i saw this scary answer.

I am a java programmer, teacher and my daily routine is as follows:

Wake up time 5:00 AM -5:15 AM. But my alarm starts ringing from 4:45 AM smiley

Start my bike and go to college to take class starting 6:00 AM. (I take two programming classes between 6 AM – 8 AM)

Go to office directly from college reach 9:00 AM.

9–9:15 AM take breakfast in my desk ordering from tandoori dhaba. (I always eat chapati as breakfast.)

Till 9:45 AM I check my email, slack, JIRA dashboard. (I have an account in Facebook and Instagram but don’t check those accounts nowadays but I used to check few years back. I don’t chat in Whatsapp, viber and so on.)

Between 10:00 AM – 10:15 AM attend daily stand-up meeting.

Write program and search in google/stack overflow if any till 01:00 PM.

Lunch between 01:00 PM - 02:00 PM.

Back to desk and do same as no. 7 till 06:00 PM.

Leave office and reach home between 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM.

Between 8 PM - 9:30 PM prepare dinner, talk with my parents via phone call who are staying far away from me.

Check my personal email, Linkedin profile and do research till 11:30 PM.

Prepare lesson plan till 12:30 AM. (Because I have to take class tomorrow morning.) Sometimes I check student’s assignments/answer sheets. If college is leave I read books, news in this times.

Go to bed after 12:30 AM.

And starts ringing my alarm from 4:45 AM.

Note: I am big fan of cricket. If there is a cricket match and Indian cricket team is playing my routine does not work. smiley

1 Like

Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by okwyee(m): 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
asked how he keeps to such busy schedule every weekdays, this was what he said.

You can’t make a similar schedule like mine unless you are really honest with yourself. You must have clear answer why are you going to make a busy schedule. Otherwise you can not adjust with it. It is not easy to stay late night with productivity. If you do so, you can not wake up early in the morning. I used to to take tea grains like medicine after dinner to avoid my sleep. My bed was always welcoming me but I always ignored to bed. Instead, I slept in my chair to wake up early in the morning. My best and very comfortable pillow was my book.

You must have determination to wake up early. With less sleep, first few weeks you may not concentrate on your activities, you may loose your weight, you may not look as fresh as you now. You will be avoided by your friends because you have to deactivate all your social network accounts like; facebook, twitter, instagram, whatsapp, etc. Then only you can achieve what you want.

If you still want to make busy schedule then here are few tips:

Find your answer why are you making busy schedule. What are you going to achieve after few years?
Switch off your mobile half an hour, before you start and after you finish to study.
You can not read a book continuously for a long time. Specially course book. So after few time, either try to write what you just read or copy again and again in your notebook instead to read. If you are unable to concentrate leave your course book and do something else. Like you can watch video tutorials, go to kitchen and make a good cup of coffee, etc.
If you are a programmer no problem at all. Drink coffee and write code. Repeat it.
If you are a programmer no problem at all. Drink coffee and write code. Repeat it.
Keep full bottle of water in-front of you. So that you can drink more.
Don’t eat heavy meal in evening. If you are feeling sleepy while studying don’t stay there go out and wash your face.
Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by okwyee(m): 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
programmers in the house, i know you're not superhumans, so how many of you have a busy schedule like this guy?
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by talk2hb1(m): 12:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
I am a Free/Streetlance programmer, what I have been doing in my final year in UNILAG.
Mostly wakeup at 2-3am, itemised prj on hand with their pressing requirement, write code till 5:45am, go to Mosque to observe my Salat till 6:30am, check my daily planner (if their is a meeting/presentation), if no meeting on scheduled, check websites on my watchlist, replies to emails, whatsapp, facebook, nairaland, etc. Write code, fix bugs, gossip till 11:30pm.
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by uzoexcel(m): 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
Very possible
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by okwyee(m): 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
talk2hb1:
I am a Free/Streetlance programmer, what I have been doing in my final year in UNILAG.
Mostly wakeup at 2-3am, itemised prj on hand with their pressing requirement, write code till 5:45am, go to Mosque to observe my Salat till 6:30am, check my daily planner (if their is a meeting/presentation), if no meeting on scheduled, check websites on my watchlist, replies to emails, whatsapp, facebook, nairaland, etc. Write code, fix bugs, gossip till 11:30pm.

Wow! How did you achieve this?
I want to be like this but i sleep up to 8hrs A day, and its still not enough sad
How do you do it?
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by talk2hb1(m): 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
okwyee:

Wow! How did you achieve this?
I want to be like this but i sleep up to 8hrs A day, and its still not enough sad
How do you do it?
shocked 8hrs
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by okwyee(m): 10:57pm On Apr 04, 2017
talk2hb1:

shocked 8hrs
Sometimes i still sleep extra 4hrs during d day, if I'm less busy
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by talk2hb1(m): 11:02pm On Apr 04, 2017
okwyee:

Sometimes i still sleep extra 4hrs during d day, if I'm less busy
You must be some kinda genius undecided
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by okwyee(m): 9:15pm On Apr 05, 2017
talk2hb1:
You must be some kinda genius undecided
If sleeping alot makes a person i genius, i would be one hell of a genius... How do u manage to sleep so little?
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by talk2hb1(m): 10:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
okwyee:

If sleeping alot makes a person i genius, i would be one hell of a genius...
How do u manage to sleep so little?
I dunno, but sleeping for 8hrs is outrageous undecided
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by okwyee(m): 10:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
talk2hb1:

I dunno, but sleeping for 8hrs is outrageous undecided

Yes, i know that's why i need help and not repetition of an already buttressed point undecided
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by bassdow: 6:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by bassdow: 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
okwyee:

Yes, i know that's why i need help and not repetition of an already buttressed point undecided

You can slowly and gradually reduce the number of hours you sleep.
Start with 7 hours, get comfortable with it, drop to 6 hours repeat the whole step again.

As for me, I rarely sleep more than 3 hours a day .
I will be somehow tired if I sleep more than 3 hours in a day, and you know what, I don't often sleep up to 3 hours (not with all the work load).

I can remember few times I have slept a total of 4 hours in a week BuT you know what, I developed Malaria and all I was told was the Cause was STRESS. Maybe the Stress brought out the Malaria domant in me.

Success Isn't Easy Else Everyone Would Be Successful

1 Like

Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by okwyee(m): 5:32am On Apr 07, 2017
bassdow:

You can slowly and gradually reduce the number of hours you sleep.
Start with 7 hours, get comfortable with it, drop to 6 hours repeat the whole step again.

As for me, I rarely sleep more than 3 hours a day .
I will be somehow tired if I sleep more than 3 hours in a day, and you know what, I don't often sleep up to 3 hours (not with all the work load).

I can remember few times I have slept a total of 4 hours in a week BuT you know what, I developed Malaria and all I was told was the Cause was STRESS. Maybe the Stress brought out the Malaria domant in me.

Success Isn't Easy Else Everyone Would Be Successful

thank you, very helpful cheesy
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 07, 2017
His schedule is even more organized than mine.
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
How is your schedule sir!? @dhtml18 Do you work from a home office or your workspace is out of your house?

I ask this because I am at learning stage still, and my room is now my working space.

The issue, too much stigma from my people/friends. Some won't take it one is not into a criminal activity spending 10hrs++ on a computer.
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by okwyee(m): 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2017
MULLAH123:
How is your schedule sir!? @dhtml18 Do you work from a home office or your workspace is out of your house?

I ask this because I am at learning stage still, and my room is now my working space.

The issue, too much stigma from my people/friends. Some won't take it one is not into a criminal activity spending 10hrs++ on a computer.

Exactly what I'm facing here too sad
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2017
MULLAH123:

My office is always fluctuating, for now it is home. You will face that stigma too, but wait till you start doing big jobs, the stigma will change, and people will even EAT back their words, I faced all that stigma too at the beginning - some of those mocking me then, today I even help some of them settle their bills.

4 Likes

Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by talk2hb1(m): 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
okwyee:

Sometimes I break the norm by using sleeping peels, not coding for couple of days, watching season film and eating Guguru Oloyin in the Cinema grin
But mostly that is what I called normal day, but dont worry sha, when start getting paid to code and Bugs keep haunting you in your sleep, maybe yyou will be sleeping for 30minutes in 48hrs smiley
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by okwyee(m): 8:28pm On Apr 08, 2017
talk2hb1:

Sometimes I break the norm by using sleeping peels, not coding for couple of days, watching season film and eating Guguru Oloyin in the Cinema grin
But mostly that is what I called normal day, but dont worry sha, when start getting paid to code and Bugs keep haunting you in your sleep, maybe yyou will be sleeping for 30minutes in 48hrs smiley

haunting as in like the witches in the village that most Nigerians are so terrified of? grin grin
and i also need your help with something, my free trial for pycharm just expired, and i so love that IDE (maybe due to the fact that i'm still a beginner sha) know of any other IDE that's as good as pycharm? i've downloaded like 3 of them now, and none of them interests me as pycharm maybe its partially due to the fact that i'm already used to it

help a brother!!!!!!!
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by talk2hb1(m): 8:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
okwyee:

haunting as in like the witches in the village that most Nigerians are so terrified of? grin grin
and i also need your help with something, my free trial for pycharm just expired, and i so love that IDE (maybe due to the fact that i'm still a beginner sha) know of any other IDE that's as good as pycharm? i've downloaded like 3 of them now, and none of them interests me as pycharm maybe its partially due to the fact that i'm already used to it

help a brother!!!!!!!
You getting comfortable with any technology is dangerous in the tech world, be dynamic bro!
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by ensodev(m): 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2018
My eairly days programming was kind of close but not any more.

Now, am self emoloyed and i spend about 10hours coding in 24hrs and anytime a finished a big project i kind of give myself 2-3 days off.

My free time is to play with my kids and wife sometimes i take a great work along the road just to see things and get the breeze of a fast moving cars and good view of clubs and hotels around.

I have a target on programming and it not as much as what young programmers aim these days.

Have seen someone coding 18hrs daily and have heard programmer claimed that also. I used to cade close to that hrs but not anymore.
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by sparkle6(m): 10:39pm On Dec 07, 2018
okwyee:

Exactly what I'm facing here too sad
Hey me too.
They said they wont be surprised when they see me eating shiit or dragging their gf panties.
I just weak.
Re: Does This Looks Possible To You? Schedule Of A Java Programmer And Teacher! by Googledrive12: 1:14am On Dec 08, 2018
Some of your comments here, are motivating as a newbie to programming I feel motivated knowing that there are real people who have disciplined themselves to achieve what they posses. KUDOS

(1) (Reply)

Kotlin / JAVA For Android Development / Rate My Android Mobile Apps Out Of 10 / System Requirement For A Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.