Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,934 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin (26766 Views)

Bank Deposit Charges / Keystone Bank Introduces ‘Cheque Deposit’ In Mobile App In Nigeria / Explaining The New Bank Charges, Lending And Deposit Rates Announced By The CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Jabioro: 8:32am On Apr 03, 2017
NextGovernor:
Useless Administration with useless policies..
It is not policy of this present administration, and it has been on in Lagos Abuja, River, and Kano state up to two years plus Jonah dumb hand it over to Bubu for continuation
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by DollarAngel(m): 8:33am On Apr 03, 2017
OKAY
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Elthugnificent(m): 8:37am On Apr 03, 2017
If only the charges is going to the government account it would have made sense small.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by sunnyside16(m): 8:39am On Apr 03, 2017
I am going back to using my saving box

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by smartty68(m): 8:40am On Apr 03, 2017
ifyan:
"You have cheque, Point of Sale, transfers through ATM, mobile phone, Internet banking, even the latest USSD code. These are without charges. There is no discouragement and there is nothing to fear,” he said."

Mr. CBN, banks charges #100 - #105 when making transfers and #65 for making withdrawals through the ATM

ifyan:
"[b]“How can banks refuse to sell forex to retail segment now? How can they prove the claim that there is not enough supply for the retail segment? It is just that they cannot do as it pleases them. But they will hear from us soon,” the source said"
Mr. CBN, banks are the worst financial institution ever existed and maybe they have their own hidden policies you don't know about Mr. CBN. Most banking institutions needs a complete overhaul. Anyway, kudos Mr. CBN

Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by oringobiafra: 8:41am On Apr 03, 2017
my 50million at home how will i deposite it
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Rich4god(m): 8:42am On Apr 03, 2017
9jakohai:

Some of you people do not take time to read the article.

You people say that most Nigerians are suffering under Buhari's admin...then at the sign of a tax rate that is clearly targetted at the rich...not the poor...you people accuse PMB of making the masses suffer.

At least 90% of Nigerians won't be affected by this rate....unless you want to start telling me that poor Nigerians have a monthly income of N1million and above.

Believe me, you do not know what you are saying. It's only those working in banks that knows that this policy is coming at the wrong time. The rich are enlightened and have the means of using electronic channels, therefore they can escape the charges. It's the average and lower class who are into business that will be affected. How many of the average Nigerian in the market have POS. Do you even knw the difficulty of getting POS from banks. No to talk of when there is network issues. The policy is good but wrong timing.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by greatface(m): 8:42am On Apr 03, 2017
HOW THESE TAXES ARE TO BE UTILIZED IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS
BECAUSE I DONT TRUST THIS RULERS CALLED LEADERS.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by sekem: 8:42am On Apr 03, 2017
Nice move.

We need to move this country forward technologically.

The era of ANALOG systems of doing things should be a thing of the past by now.

Next stop: DIGITAL ELECTRICITY!!!

9jakohai:

Some of you people do not take time to read the article.

You people say that most Nigerians are suffering under Buhari's admin...then at the sign of a tax rate that is clearly targetted at the rich...not the poor...you people accuse PMB of making the masses suffer.

At least 90% of Nigerians won't be affected by this rate....unless you want to start telling me that poor Nigerians have a monthly income of N1million and above.

Wasted youths hardly read so you don't have to be shocked that most of them will never read the article before rushing to spew their trashy comments.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by malware: 8:44am On Apr 03, 2017
Cashless policy... . I'll rather put the money in ponzi.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 03, 2017
Rich4god:

Believe me, you do not know what you are saying. It's only those working in banks that knows that this policy is coming at the wrong time. The rich are enlightened and have the means of using electronic channels, therefore they can escape the charges. It's the average and lower class who are into business that will be affected. How many of the average Nigerian in the market have POS. Do you even knw the difficulty of getting POS from banks. No to talk of when there is network issues. The policy is good but wrong timing.

Even then...how many Nigerians have the wherewithal to move N500000 daily?

Most of the masses won't be affected by this measure...and that includes small scale traders, many of whom operate outside the banking sector anyways.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 03, 2017
Bad news for bank marketers.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by VULCAN(m): 8:49am On Apr 03, 2017
Never seen people like APC members who are addicted to telling and believing lies and half truths

Shameless people. Even when they know that we know they are lying, they can't help themselves.

So Jonathan govt charged us for deposits? God forgive you for your bloody demonic lies.

Yet CBN announced the policy took off On April 1st 2017. You people need deliverance

Jabioro:
It is not policy of this present administration, and it has been on in Lagos Abuja, River, and Kano state up to two years plus Jonah dumb hand it over to Bubu for continuation
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Rich4god(m): 8:50am On Apr 03, 2017
9jakohai:

Even then...how many Nigerians have the wherewithal to move N500000 daily?

Most of the masses won't be affected by this measure...and that includes small scale traders, many of whom operate outside the banking sector anyways.
Go to most of these northern states that have major markets like cattle market, grains etc... Even down east, all these weekly market. Most of the buyers and sellers transact abv 500k on these market days. And they all deal on cash.

Some rural sellers go to town and buy goods worth much more than that to sell in the village. Hw will dey cope. Most pple supporting this policy are either residing in all these big cities like Lagos where businesses have really adopted electronically. You need to move around to see the huge cash pple can't do without.

This policy shld hv been left on withdrawals.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Rich4god(m): 8:51am On Apr 03, 2017
Optimusshield:
Bad news for bank marketers.
Nope, gud news for them if they know wat they are doing.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by oyienootieno: 8:54am On Apr 03, 2017
9jakohai:

The only people taxed here are those who can make a daily deposit of N500000 a day and above....which, excludes about 80% of Nigerians...if not 90%

The rich are being taxed, not the poor masses, so to speak.

And we need the money to....you know...pay salaries, fund contracts, etc...

Please continue to educate them, many here have a pre-mind set. So they just comment without thinking through it..

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Rich4god(m): 8:58am On Apr 03, 2017
9jakohai:

The only people taxed here are those who can make a daily deposit of N500000 a day and above....which, excludes about 80% of Nigerians...if not 90%

The rich are being taxed, not the poor masses, so to speak.

And we need the money to....you know...pay salaries, fund contracts, etc...

Lol.... Fund contracts ke... Who do u think takes the charges.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by africanusvu(m): 9:04am On Apr 03, 2017
Now that it is al abt policy implementatn dat favours gvt.rivers abia and enugu all igbo states ar among d first five state to start it.bt when it comes to reaping d benefit.apointnmt.and projects.they ar given 5%
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Jabioro: 9:06am On Apr 03, 2017
VULCAN:
Never seen people like APC members who are addicted to telling and believing lies and half truths

Shameless people. Even when they know that we know they are lying, they can't help themselves.

So Jonathan govt charged us for deposits? God forgive you for your bloody demonic lies.

Yet CBN announced the policy took off On April 1st 2017. You people need deliverance

Dont argued blindly.. ask or seek for correct info.. except you are not into big time cash deposit making shifting the goal post.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by petitejolie(f): 9:07am On Apr 03, 2017
well I don't know wat their saying as long as it doesn't affect my transactions of 2000n-5000n. wen God bless me much I can den worry abt dis policy as for now e no concern me.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Boyooosa(m): 9:19am On Apr 03, 2017
All i want to say...

Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 03, 2017
Sick policy, sick system, sick president!
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 03, 2017
To me, this is simply stupidity.

This government always comes up with policies that stifle business growth.

I deposited ordinary N80,000 and was charged STAMP DUTY on friday 24th february. So we are encouraged to keep money outside the banking system.

How does stamp duty charge assist cashless policy ?

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 03, 2017
NextGovernor:
Useless Administration with useless policies..

They derive joy in suffering the masses..
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 03, 2017
Holatunde007:
Pls what's the implications of this Act now?
Meanwhile

pls fellow nairalanders, am a student in my HND 1 Estate management. Pls the semester is just ending, I need any work either factory or office job I can do within two months before school resumes to have my school fees paid.
Pls help a striving brother, am currently staying in Abeokuta
This is my contact both what'sapp and direct call is allowed O7O 33 26 61 93

In yoruba land, alot of people do ritual.

Be careful in your job seeking. God bless you..
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Rett0: 9:41am On Apr 03, 2017
The ATMs don't always work. They've reduced the daily transfer limit using ATM to about #300k. Some ATM don't show the details of the receiver so it's risky sending since a mixup of a single digit can port the cash to someone else.

Internet banking is highly unpredictable and down when you need it most.

Most ATMs now dispense only #10k per transaction. So if I need #200k, I'll withdraw 20times and pay 1300 (65*20) for transaction charges.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 03, 2017
No need to panic it's only Rich people like me that are targeted, no qualms as a business owner I am happy to pay the charges as long as the fund accumulated from the charges are used in the Appropriate way
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 03, 2017
so, u will be charged 4 million for depositing more than 40 million. wow!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Olubukola16(f): 10:04am On Apr 03, 2017
Na to put my money in an investment bank sure pass cheesy. At least, I know my money will be there and it would even yield interests coz they'll use it for other businesses which would definitely give them profits after some time.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Kingspin(m): 10:12am On Apr 03, 2017
This is the only type of policy the Nigerian authorities can hurrying establish. Give us power, No. OK give us road, No. These are some things that could transform Nigeria immensely but of course they cannot. If they increase NEPA bill or petrol before the official announcement the price is already operational. Why? Our leaders are the devil Nigerian can see.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by Princewell2012(m): 10:18am On Apr 03, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
Read through and its okay by me since the bank Charges doesn't concern me kiss. Even with this policy some bank managers will still do some underground work.

For anyone trying to withdraw or deposit more than 500k will have to do it in installments naw

But it would not be on the same day.
Re: Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin by drealzum(m): 10:22am On Apr 03, 2017
Is this kind of mumu thing they can start with plateau....... But if its in appointment and giving contract, we will be in last batch.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Otedola And The Millionaire Caption (Photo) / CAC Denies Registering ‘Wickedness Association of Nigeria’ As A Business (Pix) / NIPOST's EMS Speedpost - what are your experiences?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.