Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Canada Or Australia Which Is Best Country To... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Or Australia Which Is Best Country To... (4440 Views)

Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? / What Can A Young Lawyer Do In Canada, The USA, Newzealand Or Australia? / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Or Australia Which Is Best Country To... by ziego(m): 9:26am On Apr 03, 2017
Canada or Australia Which is Best Country to secure job as a Nigerian graduate

please useful information is needed
Re: Canada Or Australia Which Is Best Country To... by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
Canada
Re: Canada Or Australia Which Is Best Country To... by salford: 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
You did not state your profession. I lived in UK and currently in Canada, but i have lots of Nigerians colleagues that have lived in the 3 countries. They usually go from Nigerians first degree, UK masters to work visas in Australia(Australia had a popular program that takes graduates from some specific universities in the world for work visas). I dont know if such program still exist). Some eventually ended up moving to Canada due to ease of obtaining PR as they had difficulty getting aussie PR.

From our regular discussions. Australia easily beats Canada because degrees from a different country are not heavily discounted by Australian employers when compared to their canadian counterparts. In summary, Australian employers are not as discriminatory as Canadian employers.

When it comes to making a foreign graduate degree worthless, Canadian employers are baba in that aspect. They don't care of you had that degree from havard or cambridge.... LOL.

If you are thinking of pay, aus also pays higher wages.

You might want to research on mobility within states (aus) or provinces (canada). i.e if i get to one state or province, can i easily move on to the next? in canada, if you are working in a regulated profession, it's not straight forward applying for jobs in another province. Each provinces have their own licensing body.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Or Australia Which Is Best Country To... by ziego(m): 10:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
salford:
You did not state your profession. I lived in UK and currently in Canada, but i have lots of Nigerians colleagues that have lived in the 3 countries. They usually go from Nigerians first degree, UK masters to work visas in Australia(Australia had a popular program that takes graduates from some specific universities in the world for work visas). I dont know if such program still exist). Some eventually ended up moving to Canada due to ease of obtaining PR as they had difficulty getting aussie PR.

From our regular discussions. Australia easily beats Canada because degrees from a different country are not heavily discounted by Australian employers when compared to their canadian counterparts. In summary, Australian employers are not as discriminatory as Canadian employers.

When it comes to making a foreign graduate degree worthless, Canadian employers are baba in that aspect. They don't care of you had that degree from havard or cambridge.... LOL.

You might want to research on mobility within states (aus) or provinces (canada). i.e if i get to one state or province, can i easily move on to the next? in canada, if you are working in a regulated profession, it's not straight forward applying for jobs in another province. Each provinces have their own licensing body.

wow this is elaborate thanks so much
as for profession STATISTICIAN

what are the possible jobs that will be available for him?
Re: Canada Or Australia Which Is Best Country To... by ziego(m): 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
salford:

In line with ur explanation What is PR?

Also can u compare them with USA?
Re: Canada Or Australia Which Is Best Country To... by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2017
ziego:

In line with ur explanation What is PR?

Also can u compare them with USA?

PR= Permanent Residence
Re: Canada Or Australia Which Is Best Country To... by salford: 3:31am On Apr 04, 2017
ziego:

wow this is elaborate thanks so much
as for profession STATISTICIAN

what are the possible jobs that will be available for him?
Stats is a good and i dont think it is regulated. Jobs are available in market research, inventory control, cost analysis, program planning, technological research, policy analysis e.t.c

The US is a country i respect alot. That country is huge ecomomically and structure wise. i cant give opinion on that as i would be biased. All i know is that there are lots of jobs down there..i mean lots of jobs, and things are very cheap in the US...from houses, toothpaste, clothes, cans of beer e.t.c compared to any other developed country i know.
Disadvantages: healthcare is costly and their funny love for guns.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Or Australia Which Is Best Country To... by ziego(m): 9:25am On Apr 07, 2017
salford:

Stats is a good and i dont think it is regulated. Jobs are available in market research, inventory control, cost analysis, program planning, technological research, policy analysis e.t.c

The US is a country i respect alot. That country is huge ecomomically and structure wise. i cant give opinion on that as i would be biased. All i know is that there are lots of jobs down there..i mean lots of jobs, and things are very cheap in the US...from houses, toothpaste, clothes, cans of beer e.t.c compared to any other developed country i know.

Am most grateful
I sent u a pm
Re: Canada Or Australia Which Is Best Country To... by ziego(m): 6:43am On Apr 09, 2017
salford:

What's the minimum amount one should have in his account before visiting embassy for interview on tourism/business visa
Re: Canada Or Australia Which Is Best Country To... by salford: 6:44am On Apr 09, 2017
ziego:

What's the minimum amount one should have in his account before visiting embassy for interview on tourism/business visa

https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion/111

(1) (Reply)

Wealthy Nigerians Are Buying Up Passports For Cash From Caribbean Nations / Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? / Please Advice;going To Europe Search For A Football Team.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.