Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,410 members, 7,846,738 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Guides On How To Make A Career In Acting - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Guides On How To Make A Career In Acting (321 Views)

I Want To Choose A Career In Journalism / How Can I Start A Career In Academics? / I Need Help To Start My Career In Acting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guides On How To Make A Career In Acting by dailyguide(m): 10:38am On Apr 03, 2017
On of the most interesting jobs we have around the globe today is acting. Acting which is an imitation of life teaches lots of morals and lesson that helps our daily living.

The sudden change in the movie industry today calls for your minds who will be ready to make the change the industry need.

If you are having the vision of going into the movie industry below are helpful tips that will guide you through.

I will give 8 helpful guides;

Step 1:

Find out what it really means to pursue the career in acting. Talk to both working actors as well as those who have been struggling to get work or who have been working sporadically. You can learn what to do and what not to do from both groups. Learn what a typical day could look like, especially at the beginning of your career.

Step 2:

Start reading up on acting techniques. Read books on Acting. They will help you to understand that there are different techniques that, first of all you will need to fall back on time and time again in order to be able to deliver consistently compelling performances and also how acting classes are conducted. You'll know what to expect and also have some basis on which to choose a school.

Step 3:

Choose an acting school. If you have choices, don't just try and get in the first school you come to. Shop around, know what you expect from your training, interview teachers and ask lots of questions before choosing. Once you start studying the craft, count on continuing to do it for a good portion of your career.

Step 4:

Study the industry. Learn how it works. Learn what agents and casting directors do and....continue reading here>www.dailyguide.com.ng/2017/04/guides-on-how-to-make-career-in-acting.html?m=1
Re: Guides On How To Make A Career In Acting by dabrightt: 10:47am On Apr 03, 2017
You mean all this will work in nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need An Office Space/business Address ? Call Us Today! / News Editor Wanted At A Media Company / WANTED Freelance Marketers At Lagos Leading Fertility Clinic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.