Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes (7372 Views)

Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller / Financial Crimes: Those Indicted Abroad Won’t Sneak To Nigeria – Immigration CG / Abuja Tremor: House Of Reps Seeks Compliance With Global Standard On Mining (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by huntax(m): 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2017
Why hasn't this been implemented already? Why does it seem like it's still under debate? Well I think I have an idea....
Almost everyone steals and no one is sure if there'd be a way out for them if this new law was implemented.
Put this law out there without procrastinating and see how corruption comes to a halt, or at least, diminishes.
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by joshsamuel(m): 12:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
Nice
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by Nigeriadondie: 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
Dead on arrival. Na today
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by stuntman007: 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
It no point enacting a law with a bad judiciary like the ones we have. If the law is passed, it will be only for the poor. It no brainer as far as I am concerned.
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by Macgabe(m): 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
ybalogs:
Most of those in the house presently are already guilty of the crime. What's next now?

The more reason why all these are paper base. The laws are just meant for the masses. The Senates won't accept such law because almost all of them are guilty.
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by zanga420: 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
LionDeLeo:
But the senate refused to confirm Magu na. So how will this law catch up with the senathieves?
bros what's the problem nah. This is the best thing I've heard from the house and you're talking of magu. Abeg let magu clear himself from DSS first. If actually we have Nigeria's greatness in mind let's shun sentiment.
I'm with the house on this.
Bravo HoR, the bill must pass through
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by zanga420: 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
Macgabe:

The more reason why all these are paper base. The laws are just meant for the masses. The Senates won't accept such law because almost all of them are guilty.
then this is the time to lend our voices and put more efforts and pressure for the bill to succeed. All hands should be on deck. Thanks
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by Macgabe(m): 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2017
zanga420:
then this is the time to lend our voices and put more efforts and pressure for the bill to succeed. All hands should be on deck. Thanks
Even the judges that are to prosecute them are also guilty of corruption. What we need is a new set of people that are guilty free as at the time they are elected. Anything outside this is just like asking an armed robber to catch another armed robber even when they both knew they were guilty. Corruption is in every part of this country. God help Naija.
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by ceejay80s(m): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
madridguy:
Death penalty or it is a joke.
supported
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by zanga420: 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
Macgabe:

Even the judges that are to prosecute them are also guilty of corruption. What we need is a new set of people that are guilty free as at the time they are elected. Anything outside this is just like asking an armed robber to catch another armed robber even when they both knew they were guilty. Corruption is in every part of this country. God help Naija.
lol, maybe we've to import such people from Norway.

It's difficult but little by little, putting the right laws coupled with the right implementation will, we'll get there.

Bravo to the member HoR that brought this bill. The 20years plus bill must pass through
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 03, 2017
undecided some people would frustrate this bill from seeing the light of day.
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by kbams241: 3:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
Holatunde007:
Thats better

pls fellow nairalanders, am a student in my HND 1 Estate management. Pls the semester is just ending, I need any work either factory or office job I can do within two months before school resumes to have my school fees paid.
Pls help a striving brother, am currently staying in Abeokuta
This is my contact both what'sapp and direct call is allowed O7O 33 26 61 93
Kwara state estate management firms are currently recruiting people for d rating exercise dat is abt to kick start dis april. U can apply wit ur ND. I blv ur skol fees shuld b more Dan complete b4 ur resumption.
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by CioAngels(f): 3:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by Caseless: 5:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
LionDeLeo:
But the senate refused to confirm Magu na. So how will this law catch up with the senathieves?
lol@senathieves
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by Banyami(m): 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
is a good move supported.
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by mofebosola(m): 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2017
This is a right step in the right direction. However, they should also look at setting up a Special Court to try Economic and Financial Crime offender whereby from the day the offender is charged to court and the time judgement is given should not exceed sixty working days. And in the case of an appeal, another special appeal court should hear the appeal and determine the case in thirty working day. When the Special Economic and Financial Criminal Appeal court determines a case, the Law should state that no further appeal should be entertained beyond that level. If these measures are considered and put in place, stealing of public funds would be minimized if not eliminated because we would see offenders prosecuted and sentenced as appropriate within a reasonable time frame.
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by nkemjacob2(m): 1:28am On Apr 04, 2017
what Nigerian​s want is death sentence..
except those senators don't mean business in fighting corruption
Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by mrikenna002: 11:13am On Apr 15, 2017
the best way to solve your financial problem, see details below

Re: Reps Seeks 20-year Jail Term For Financial Crimes by agaba77: 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
It should be 20 years to life imprisionment. Corruption has killed many nigerians..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians Get You PVC The Battle Line Is Drawn / New Photos Of Tinubu Has Internet Blowing Up,it Looks That He Is Aging Backwards / FG Implements 140 Reforms On Ease Of Doing Business – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.