Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,711 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:13 AM

Kindly Help Explain Differences Between Inverter Types. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Kindly Help Explain Differences Between Inverter Types. (952 Views)

Differences Between Lithium Ion Batteries And Lead Acid Batteries / Experts On Generators - Kindly Help / Differences Between 2g, 3g, 4g, Hspa, Lte, Evdo, Gprs & Edge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Help Explain Differences Between Inverter Types. by Joshey(m): 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2017
Inverter gurus, please help explain the difference between the Inverter types pictured. What are the operational and functional differences?
I highly doubt they can do exactly the same thing as the price difference is significant.
I am considering getting a solar powered system with batteries to complement the poor power supply in my area, which do you suggest I go for considering scalability and durability.
Thanks

Re: Kindly Help Explain Differences Between Inverter Types. by solarview(m): 8:22am On Apr 04, 2017
Go for the Mpower inverter, though it might be a little more expensive but it's advantages outwit the cost.
1. It is a transformer inverter on like the other one.
2. For durability and rougedness.
3. More intelligent system
It's a pure sinusoidal wave inverter which is best for your appliance.

Hope these may help. Best of luck
Re: Kindly Help Explain Differences Between Inverter Types. by Joshey(m): 10:31am On Apr 04, 2017
solarview:
Go for the Mpower inverter, though it might be a little more expensive but it's advantages outwit the cost.

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.
please what do you mean by transformer Inverter? what operational difference is that from the other, mind you I'm not particular about the brand of the first but just comparing inverters of its kind with the one below.
Re: Kindly Help Explain Differences Between Inverter Types. by solarview(m): 10:55am On Apr 04, 2017
Joshey:

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.
please what do you mean by transformer Inverter? what operational difference is that from the other, mind you I'm not particular about the brand of the first but just comparing inverters of its kind with the one below.
yes some Inverters are transformer-less ie they don't use transformer winding (technical term) but rather make used of ICs electronics components, and as such they are lighter in weight, cheaper ETC. Preferably for lite load.
Re: Kindly Help Explain Differences Between Inverter Types. by Joshey(m): 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
solarview:
yes some Inverters are transformer-less ie they don't use transformer winding (technical term) but rather make used of ICs electronics components, and as such they are lighter in weight, cheaper ETC. Preferably for lite load.

I see.

Thanks alot bro.
Re: Kindly Help Explain Differences Between Inverter Types. by cell7(m): 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2017
solarview:

Contrary to your submission. Mpower inverter is a modified sine wave inverter with power factor of 0.6.
Its a better option though cos it will give you additional advantage of charging batteries with public utility or generator apart from sunlight.
It will accommodate more load than the later...
Re: Kindly Help Explain Differences Between Inverter Types. by Joshey(m): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
cell7:

Contrary to your submission. Mpower inverter is a modified sine wave inverter with power factor of 0.6.
Its a better option though cos it will give you additional advantage of charging batteries with public utility or generator apart from sunlight.
It will accommodate more load than the later...

Thanks for your input, are you saying the second type of Inverter cannot accommodate charging of batteries through generators and PHCN?
If so, that's a huge disadvantage.

(1) (Reply)

HP Mini Laptop For Sale (very Neat) / Hard Drive For Sale (2 Tb) / Infinix Note 3....new With 100% Mtn Data Bonus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.