Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone (46268 Views)

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (Tsaigumi) - The First Locally Made In Nigerian Drone / Man From Gombe & His Locally Made Vehicle Cause A Scene / 17-year-old Polytechnic Student Leads The Construction Of A Locally-made Drone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by giles14(m): 5:25am On Apr 04, 2017
OkoYiboz:

iPod piglets running away from this thread like...
what is this brown roof maggot saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by solonazzy: 5:30am On Apr 04, 2017
henrydadon:
now this is something to be proud of..

kudos to him.

but are you kidding me ..how can the authorities think of deploying a drone like this..common..they should opt for something more durable and reliable

THE DJI PHANTOM is there for them to purchase.

it take alot more than just adding rotating blades to get an actual working drone..what about the app..for control..micro processor and stuff..mapping..the list goes on and on.

am not trying to undermine his effort here..he really did well and am proud of him..am just stating the obvious

someone like him need to be sent to MIT in the USA for further studies..the Nigerian government are suppose to invest in brilliant mind such as these.

gud u pointed out D required additions....we wuld appreciate if u complete it....otherwise celebrate Dis.....remember he is just 17...n I assume u r older....I studied physics/elect....n I kno its a huge feat for a young boy to go Dis far...I'll be in awe if he embeds all to make it a perfect drone....so my brother. hw can u help Dis course

he has
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by israelmao(m): 6:19am On Apr 04, 2017
Polytechnic or university education no knowledge has a wide scope like self-development, you may have just an HND or Bsc or even ND and be able to deliver what a professor can't deliver in practice.Theoretical education is not enough to deliver Nigeria from technological deficiency but practical education.Ride on boy!

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 04, 2017
The one wey Airforce say some cadets build nkor?
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by oluwaahmed: 6:28am On Apr 04, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Oga stop deceivin urself, he's not d 1st boy 2 construct a drone. Sometime last year on dis. Same forum, a young boy 4rm aba did dis, anoda even constructed a movin car in oyibo PHC. It is petty tins like dis dat make pple call u guys Afonja
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by OlaSpeaker(m): 6:59am On Apr 04, 2017
henrydadon:

you and i both know that boy drone is still at a developing stage..am just saying the government need something more reliable to do urgent serious work..do you know what it mean for a drone to be deployed for police work..?i want you to have a logical sense of reasoning here.

that boy can be mentored and given the best support that there is to unlock his full potential.

by the time he is done..he will be produce things for NASA
Sorry i can't buy your logic because even the latest drone still have room for improvement and by the way what wrong if the government pick this boy's drone and use it for whatever the problem is not whether the drone can do surveillance or photography or videography the problem is the inferiority complex attitude you put out first. the west did not developed their drone in day to say the least Nigerians still build drones even for America
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 04, 2017
That's great. We need more like this young talent in the country. I hope the government would do the needful.

Point of correction though. It is not the first in Nigeria. I saw a UAV built by 3 mechanical engineering students in UNN, Nsukka. The UAV has a large span of wings to accommodate enough solar panels.... And it is quite bigger than this one I am seeing here.

We are progressing in this country.... Gradually.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Ritchiee: 7:25am On Apr 04, 2017
oluwaahmed:

Oga stop deceivin urself, he's not d 1st boy 2 construct a drone. Sometime last year on dis. Same forum, a young boy 4rm aba did dis, anoda even constructed a movin car in oyibo PHC. It is petty tins like dis dat make pple call u guys Afonja
You are a lienus*Give us the link*It is only yorubas and one benin guy that had built verified drones*And Afonja was a warrior and a very good name that fits us because yorubas are considerate warriors*I I am a proud Afonja-Call yourselves your coward name-OJUKWU and be proud of being cowards for once*
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by darkckUSA: 7:30am On Apr 04, 2017
Biafrawillcome:
This is the same blood of Israel that Donald Trump posses

Do not soil the image of Isreal by liking us to Trump.. He is a racist and a heartless bigot.. You do not know him..
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 04, 2017
slimthugchimee2:
op stop posting crap, thats not the first locally made drone in nigeria
They have come o, bad belle. Igbos.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by EppPliss: 7:44am On Apr 04, 2017
This isn't the first I think the Military has already developed fully functional locally made drone. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 04, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Its true...that's not really a drone. Its a quadrocopter. An elect elect student in Uniuyo made that in 2015, was in 400 level then. It reached about 67 feet ( higher than uniuyo perm site admin building) it also had a remote controlled by radio signals. The principles are in the net. But I respect the boy and that proves that more needs to be invested in polytechnic education since the university wants to drown us with theory.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by henrydadon(m): 9:05am On Apr 04, 2017
OlaSpeaker:

Sorry i can't buy your logic because even the latest drone still have room for improvement and by the way what wrong if the government pick this boy's drone and use it for whatever the problem is not whether the drone can do surveillance or photography or videography the problem is the inferiority complex attitude you put out first. the west did not developed their drone in day to say the least Nigerians still build drones even for America
can this boy drone withstand the heavy wind at thrid manland bridge?
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by aolumaxi(m): 9:20am On Apr 04, 2017
This was the high point of ambode's visit to laspotech during its convocation.......... about three weeks ago

I guess the mods and members were too busy with snakes, building cost and the likes to post a news like this

and oga mod, dnt jst say Nigeria polytechnic

its LAGOS STATE POLYTECHNIC

MY LASPOTECH, MY PRIDE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by aolumaxi(m): 9:25am On Apr 04, 2017
sapientia:
These people are just clowns..

I wonder how a sensible will believe this. A boy drawing and cutting paper built a drone... Una swallow hook line and sinker.
shut up if u dnt know what to say ogbeni.... I saw the drones, they were launched by ambode at LASPOTECH's convocation ceremony
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by marley145: 9:34am On Apr 04, 2017
OkoYiboz:
David Opateyibo
Omo Yoruba ni mi o!
hahaha hahaha, we ask you?
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by jaymejate: 9:39am On Apr 04, 2017
Another Afonja

Standing ovation please grin

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by guychidile: 9:43am On Apr 04, 2017
A good idea,we need to develop both our youths and country at large.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by IDRIS92(m): 10:34am On Apr 04, 2017
:oGod Bless[color=#000099][/color]
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by sapientia(m): 10:51am On Apr 04, 2017
aolumaxi:
shut up if u dnt know what to say ogbeni.... I saw the drones, they were launched by ambode at LASPOTECH's convocation ceremony

So ur seeing a drone flying meant those kids built it abi... hahahahaha... clown.. assemblers

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by sorry1(m): 11:33am On Apr 04, 2017
slimthugchimee2:
op stop posting crap, thats not the first locally made drone in nigeria
This is how they use media to lie, fear afonja they can be very deceitful.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by str8talk1: 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
OkoYiboz:

5harappppp!
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by bootylady101(f): 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2017
econo88:
shocked shocked wonderfull... I proud of him cool

me too proud of him
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by aolumaxi(m): 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
sapientia:

So ur seeing a drone flying meant those kids built it abi... hahahahaha... clown.. assemblers
olodo leleyi oooo

whr is ur proof that they didnt?

biko, swerve......... its of no use arguing with u
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by victorigwe: 9:45am On Apr 05, 2017
i need this boy help, and his number, and facebook user, i' m a drone lover, i made with some circuit that u make, i use arduino as plateform, waw i love this boy insight. Give me a feed back from him. I have some for him.

Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by Horus(m): 5:18pm On May 12, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IJu21lK90k

Polytechnic in Nigeria produces its first prototype of a drone

In Nigeria's commercial capital, a polytechnic has produced its first prototype of a drone. Lagos City authorities have said, if developed fully, the state could employ the drones for security surveillance.
Re: 17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone by DJIUAV: 7:07am On Feb 05, 2018
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Africa's Oldest Known Dinosaur That Roamed Zimbabwe 230 Million Years Ago (Pics) / Toothless, Two-fingered Dinosaur From 68 Million Yrs Ago Found In Mongolia (Pix) / Extremely Rare White Penguin, First In History Spotted On Galapagos Islands (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.