Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,186 members, 7,957,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

Anxiety Problems - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anxiety Problems (425 Views)

Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves / Can Masturbation Cause Anxiety Disorder? / Foods That Cause Anxiety And Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anxiety Problems by donjaxy(m): 7:48am On Apr 04, 2017
Good morning, I have social anxiety problems especially when it comes to pubic speaking. I have a presentation Next Week And I have to deliver, pls can anyone tell me what I can do or use to make sure I dnt bleep up in front of everyone. It's very important pls.
Re: Anxiety Problems by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 04, 2017
Its called state anxiety. Almost everyone experience this.

Here are some tips;

1.) Composure- Being composed is key. This can be achieved by practice. Practising what your speech over and over help builds your confidence. You may choose to practice with someone or practice in front of a mirror.

2.) Practice deep breathing to relax your muscles when you feel anxious.

3. Self believe is also important. You are going to do great and you have to start believing that.

4. Don't stare directly at your audience's eyes, you may become distracted. Rather, pick a focal point (forehead for instance).

Remember, they are there to listen to you and you are there to enlighten them. So go break a leg!

1 Like

Re: Anxiety Problems by dabraska: 11:36am On Apr 04, 2017
Picture your audience naked
Re: Anxiety Problems by obafemee80(m): 11:50am On Apr 04, 2017
donjaxy:
Good morning, I have social anxiety problems especially when it comes to pubic speaking. I have a presentation Next Week And I have to deliver, pls can anyone tell me what I can do or use to make sure I dnt bleep up in front of everyone. It's very important pls.
I understand how you feel bro...
Honestly,changing your lifestyle might help you
Try to avoid or limit caffeine intake(tea,coffee,energy drinks)
Get enough rest/sleep a day before the event
Positive thinking will also help..
Re: Anxiety Problems by donjaxy(m): 12:25pm On Apr 04, 2017
obafemee80:

I understand how you feel bro...
Honestly,changing your lifestyle might help you
Try to avoid or limit caffeine intake(tea,coffee,energy drinks)
Get enough rest/sleep a day before the event
Positive thinking will also help..

I ve tried all these...i dnt take coffee or energy drinks. It hasn't worked so far. I ve read abt inderal or propanolol though and I might getting it. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Why Picking Your Nose And Eating It May Be Good For You! / 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Eating 3 Bananas A Day / 13 Rules For Longevity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.